M109 Rider Forums banner

FS/FT 2008 M109R- way over 10k in mods- <4500 miles- tons of extras $10,000 OBO

7K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  Bevo 
#1 · (Edited)
My dream bike isn't doing me any good sitting there looking awesome. It's time for it to get sold and me to get realistic about the fact that I won't likely be able to ride safely. I had a M109R which I bought in 2006, loved, modified, then sold and kicked myself. After radiation therapy to the ear (upper jaw really) and a couple bikeless years, I found what I think was close to the perfect bike for me. Turns out that my balance is off slightly and even though I can't feel it, my brain has to make constant calculations while riding. It's nearly imperceptible, except for brief moments. Whatever the reason, I will not be riding or waiting more years with hopes of riding any longer. I've put only about 400 miles on this bike in the 3 years or so I've owned it. Tons of modifications, with all the stock items, and lots of extras. If I had the time, I'd put the bike back to stock and sell off the parts. Not the case. Someone should be able to get a great deal on a sweet bike, and pick/choose what mods they like or want to sell. If planning on having bike shipped, please consider that there is also 3 huge bins and a stack of wheels and tires. I had the bike and the extras which came with it at that time shipped from Palm Springs CA. to Danville CA. for $296 at the end of 2014 but there is one more bin of extras now. Thank you for looking at the ad. Feel free to call 925-895-6745 or email damienacampbell@gmail.com , but of course I'll be checking back here often.

Regarding trade- the only thing which I would trade for is a fairly recent model full size truck (already in CA), or already completed (non-project) classic car or truck. Cash preferred.

2008 M109R
4465 miles
Raked front end
21 inch custom front wheel w/Metzler in great condition
18 inch custom rear wheel w/280 Metzler in great condition

These pictures show in the edit, but don't when posted. Full pictures are in below posts. Sorry for not getting the pictures right.

View attachment 342569 View attachment 342577 View attachment 342585 View attachment 342601
I removed the lowering bones, but they're included. Pictures show it as is, but obviously can be lowered easily. The front forks have Race Tech springs installed which drastically improves handling and feel with the raked front end. Stock forks were way too soft with rake. This caused the nut which secures headlight to hit stock front fender when suspension was over compressed during shipment. The front fender has a small hole on top (in pictures of course). I didn't fix as I'd planned on changing to the custom steel front fender. That is the only damage to bike as a whole. There are more extras than listed here, but this is the lions share of them for sure. I listed prices for a few things, but you all know what's what.

Stock wheels and tires with little use
260 Metz in great shape- fits stock wheel

CorbinFront seat
Rear seat
backrest

Direct Line Parts

Stainless brake lines
Chrome cables
Crome brake reservoir cover
Chrome handlebar cap
Handle bar risers KEW-KD206
Suspension lowering LAC-13040213
Tachometer relocation RIV-SM9018

Raw Design
Chrome Derby Cover (M109R logo)
Scorpion tips exhaust
Storage compartment
Turn signals front M109 C.A. Front

StumpWerkx
Triple Tree Chrome $899 original cost
Fork tubes, upper and lower $639 original cost
21in tire
Custom front fender-not painted or installed. Steel. Pretty sweet. original cost $230
Front brake caliper chrome $260 original cost
front brake disk $180 original cost
master cylinder chrome
280 tire
rear brake disk

EgoTrip
Rear wheel $2800 original cost
21in front wheel $1800 original cost

X Choppers
7 in headlight- I really like it, but forum didn't seem to. Stock headlight assembly is included for easy change back if preferred.

National Cycle
Sport windshield- N28201/N2820

Custom Dynamics
Turn signals rear M109R-001CR
Turn signal stabilizer

See less See more
#18 ·
Thank you for your interest

Hello all,
I have gotten a few messages regarding separating the parts. Of course I appreciate all interest in the add. It may be necessary for me to separate items to get it all sold as Rynosback noted (Ryno, I remember seeing your posts often and appreciate the input). I'll be sticking with this as a one shot deal for probably too long as I really hope it can go this way. When this was my primary obsession of back in 06-08 I'd have died for a deal like this, but obviously things change and markets vary. If I do end up listing things separately, then I will definitely list a fresh post and will message everyone who had inquired. Really though, I'd rather take a lower offer on all of it. Time is in short supply for me nowadays. Thanks again for looking.

Dbo

#21 ·
Many PM's- please read

Hello all,
I've gotten many PM's asking how much I'd sell a particular part for. I do not intend to sell the items separately, but I might have to from the looks of it. If you'd like only an item or two, make an offer. This will help me to determine if it's worth my time to separate. Please do not PM asking "how much for X" as I am asking for you to make an offer. If the total of what you're looking at is enough (say $500 or so) then it can make sense for me. I'm not looking for top dollar per item by any means, but I'm not able to spend an hour or more to pack and ship an item for a few bucks. Thanks for your interest.

Damien

#26 ·
F-it, I'll take $7500- no lower offers please

I'm really wanting this gone and am doing everything possible to have it be easy vs. top dollar. I'd accept $7,500 for the whole lot if this can happen reasonably. In a week or so I'll put it on eBay.

#34 ·
Still available

Hi slipknot,
It's still available.

I've not listed it again besides a couple of craigslist runs. I want it sold, but am just too busy to do what needs to get done to get money out of it. I've had lots of requests for specific items, but don't want to make the time for separating it all. If it could be easy and not time consuming for me, I'd take $7500 for everything still. Clearly there's at least a few thousand of parts which could be sold easily.
Is the bike still for sale?
Thanks for looking,
Dbo

Please feel free to call with any questions 925-895-6745

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.