M109 Rider Forums banner

Who has the best cheese steaks

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  rynosback 
#1 ·
I group us from MD and VA were thinking of making a cheese steak run one day. So I just wanted to know, who has the best ones? :dontknow:

#2 ·
If you come towards Philadelphia...Right now if you go to www.610wip.com (its a sports radio website) There is a section that a host whose name is Glen Macnow is rating the top 40 places for a cheesesteaks around the area and he even has the reviews on there. You have to look in the middle upper portion of the web page (it will rotate thru a few different things and when it pops up just click on it)

#5 ·
No i am definately not a vegetarian. Today i was out for a spin on my bike and i cruised over to philly and went to Geno's steaks and had a cheesesteak with provolone, onions and ketchup...It was very good. Across the street from Geno's is Pat's steaks. Those are probably the two most popular one's in philly. You can't go wrong if you go to either one of them.

#7 ·
Your Welcome!!

#8 ·
Whom it may concern,
Gentleman the best cheese steak sandwich and Roast Pork sandwiches in Philadelphia are hands down John's Roast Pork, little brick sandwich shop located on Snyder Avenue between Front Street and Columbus Boulevard (old Delaware Avenue), near the IKEA they are only open till about 3:00pm. You have Tony Lukes but they don't give you enough meat. I know owner of Pat's, and have been going there since kid, when out late at night eat one of each One Pat's the other Geno's. You will never regret eating one of these steaks!!!!! They truely are the best!!!

sincerely,

gman

#10 ·
rynosback said:
I group us from MD and VA were thinking of making a cheese steak run one day. So I just wanted to know, who has the best ones? :dontknow:
I am not going to say this place is the best, because everyone has their own taste. Port Clinton Hotel located in PA.
http://www.portclintonhotel.net/default.htm
This is a neat place to eat and you do get big portions. If you order their fresh cut french fries and order a large it will feed 4 adults. Cheese Steak size is also very full filling.
On top of this all you can go visit Cabelas.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...tus/retail/retail_stores/hamburg/hamburg.html
Port Clinton Hotel is just a minute north of Cabelas on Rte. 61.

G
#13 ·
Tony Lukes, Pats, Genos, and the Port Clinton, all are good. I have added some excess weight at all of those places and can say they are all good. It really depends on what you like. Come hungry, try them all and go home full. That is my motto. Enjoy! !

#18 ·
Ryno,

I appreciate & admire you wanting to go to Philly for an authentic cheesesteak.

However, (heresy warning)

If Jerry's subs is still there, on Rt40 in Ellicott city, near Mr. Tire, their cheesesteaks are incredible, huge, loads of meat and cheese, and made to order with ANY toppings you want.

Quiznos is ok too, if you want to spend $22 to get it right.

#19 ·
GTBozak said:
Ryno,

If Jerry's subs is still there, on Rt40 in Ellicott city, near Mr. Tire, their cheesesteaks are incredible, huge, loads of meat and cheese, and made to order with ANY toppings you want.

Toppings??? I am not originally from Philly, and not a big fan of the cheese steak, but from what I understand other then onions and cheese, "toppings" not acceptable on a true Philly Steak...

#21 ·
GTBozak said:
Ryno,

Thanks but a chain store does not sound that great to me. There is a place in Rockville, MD that makes a better cheese steak then the one I had at Jims. I'll have to find out there hours. They have really short hours. And maybe even make a ride to them. :bigthumbsup:

Thanks for your opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.