performance and handling [Archive] - M109Riders.com

: performance and handling

hd2plze
04-30-2006, 10:41 PM
As I have already posted earlyer 1/4 mile times , I must admit that this bike has some things I realy hate, A Super Clunky Trans, ERgos are not comfortable for me, Bike needs a small floor board and a heel toe shifter and handelbars that are back about two inches, also a small windshield but most importantly, some place to put a spare pare of gloves and clear nite glasses,or sun glasses, almost cant stand no place to put anything. Now I feel better thanks for lettin me complain.

Wanted
04-30-2006, 10:57 PM
ERgos are not comfortable forĀ* me, Bike needs a small floor board and a heel toe shifter and handelbars that are back about two inches, also a small windshield but most importantly, some place to put a spare pare of gloves...

Well, maybe you should have bought a Gold Wing. They have cup holders too. ;)

Just kidding. But seriously, the M109R wasn't really designed to be a "flower-sniffer". Not that there's anything wrong with those kind of bikes, but somethimes it's smarter to buy a bike better suited to that than to complain about why a high-performance drag-bike cruiser isn't as well-appointed as you'd like.

Just my $.02.

Twin00
04-30-2006, 11:17 PM
I was a bit surprised that there was no place to store anything at all....in particular, my disc lock. Oh well...I love this bike!

rynosback
05-01-2006, 12:01 AM
The "glove box" fits the tools that came with the bike, registration, insurance card and a pack of smokes. What else could you ask for? :beer3: :a18:

EAGLEFAN67
05-01-2006, 12:17 AM
No bike is perfect...it sounds like you paid before you bought the machine...it's like your wanting Rolls Royce luxury...with the power, fit and finish of an Nascar.
I have never met an bike that was flawless, they all have weeknesses.

But for the value of the M109r it's had to beat.

jerbear
05-01-2006, 05:32 AM
I seldom carry any more than a small pair of reading glasses (in a hard case) in my left pants pocket for reading the menu in real dark bars and a cell phone in my right for emergencies. For those who want a tad more, A tank bib wqith a pocket, or a mini magnetic tank bag should help.
A touring bike it isn't but I'll probably pick up on a 21 litre or bigger tank bag and a pair of throw on sport bike bags from Tourmasterfor those time I go tripping.
My disc lock came in a little belt loop case for those times i want to take it with me.
Jerbear

BradBike
05-01-2006, 08:05 AM
There's plenty of space inder the seat.
Heck, I can store a box of 5 cigars if I lay them flat and locate them between the seat pads.
Gloves will fit that way also.
Bought a large leather fanny pack at the Bikefest for $20.
I use that to carry my lunch to work!
Even use a backpack when I am called upon to make a grocery trip.
And, don't we all look for any excuse to ride!
Bradbike

Stretch
05-01-2006, 10:01 AM
I had a leftover Willie and Max HK622 hooker that I placed under the pillion and it gave plenty of hookup places and allowed me to put a roll bag over the seat without worrying about it falling off. Took it down the highway and had no problems what so ever.

pizzmor
05-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Here are some really cool Joe Rocket tank bags. I actually fitted one of the silver bags to my silver 109 when I was in the process of buying it and it looked and fit very well. That said, my last bike was a BMW K1200LT and it was a huge beast of a bike with enough storage to choke a mule. It also had so much wind protection and driver comforts like heated handgrips and heated seat, 6 cd changer, cruise control .....you get the idea, that it was like driving a two wheeled car. I got the 109 to get back to true raw power motorcycling the way it was meant to be. Fast, slightly scary at times, gritty and real. The 109 is like a lowriding v-twin sportbike that was meant to be ridden and enjoyed not to put us to sleep....my 2 cents.

pizzmor
05-01-2006, 12:06 PM
oops, sorry Joe Rocket Manta bag $40 bucks. http://www.joerocket.com/jrf/home.cfm