M109 vs modded VTX [Archive] - M109Riders.com

View Full Version : M109 vs modded VTX

BlkM109r
04-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Finally got to race around with a buddy of mine last night for about 10 miles out in the country. The area we live in has square mile blocks with 4 way stops, so we could play from stop sign to stop sign. He has an early model VTX 1800 with lots of custom work. Hypercharger, straight pipes, power commander with a custom map. etc. Low end it was pretty even though neither of us could keep from spinning the wheels. I'd say pretty close until 3rd gear (for me 4th for him) then I pulled pretty far ahead. The only time he really ever led me was when the 109 fish tailed going into 2nd and scared me a bit, so I got out of the throttle and he stayed a few bikes ahead of me. He kept hitting the rev limiter on the X. Lot shorter gears than the 109. Most of the runs were roll on after getting through the intersection so this wasn't very scientific, but it was fun!!!! :evil:

OMEGA
04-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Sweet :D

ridehard
04-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Keep showing him that tail light and you will have another 109 to ride with

BlkM109r
04-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Just might. He kept saying at every stop how sweet that big tire looks. We've talked about doing the big tire mod to his VTX, but he's not sure if he want's to drop another couple grand into that bike. I think he said he's got something like $18k in it right now.

bollert
04-28-2006, 01:02 PM
I keep hearing people referring to loosing traction with the 109. I saw that video too that showed the American Suzuki guy taking off and leaving a darkie, but my bike does not "light up" the rear. I've only opened it up in 1st gear a couple times, but when I do it kind chatters the rear and goes. I've done it on several surfaces. I go about 200 lbs

jerbear
04-28-2006, 01:34 PM
When running by my buddy on his X, he finally backed out of it so he could watch the 109 accelerate. He said my rear tire was throwing back a ton of junk as I was sort of hugging the centerline and he could see the shape of it change each time it hunkered down when I grabbed a new gear.
Jerbear

BlkM109r
04-28-2006, 02:19 PM
oh its definintely losing traction. Happens more when the tire is cold and it doesn't seem to leave much of a stripe. Depends on the surface i guess. Most of the time it will track very straight though. I think mine went a little sideways because I was swinging over to the center of the lane from the side so I was on the side of the tire.