Hello all, and a warrenty question [Archive] - M109Riders.com

: Hello all, and a warrenty question

x_caliber50
04-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Hey all, wanted to say I am no longer a 109 wannabe. Got my silver one on reserve and just waiting for a ride Saturday to get it. I cant freaken wait.

I did have a question, though I think the dealer is givimg me a fair price, when I asked him about the extended warrenty his price seemed a little high $600. Do I have to buy that warrenty from him or can I get it somewhere else.

Thanks alll
X

phaed
04-20-2006, 09:21 PM
congrats on the bike! dealer offered me the following prices for the extended warranties:

2 yr - $335
3 yr - $400
4 yr - $475
5 yr - $550
6 yr - $850

i didn't get any of them because i want to wait and see if this is going to be a problem bike or not. you can buy the extended warranty anytime up to a year after purchase of the bike.

rynosback
04-21-2006, 12:56 AM
You do not have to buy it when you buy the bike. You just need to get it before the 1 year warranty ends. I am trying to get a group of us together and get a group rate. I was looking at two of them. One is a Suzuki one, 12 month plus 60 (6 years total from in service date). For $623, maybe less if I can get a really large group together. And an after market warranty which they say covers up to $1000 of accessories as well. They are both the same term and about the same price. I am reading the fine print to really see which is the better warranty. Once I break them down, I will let you guys know which I think is the best one. If you are interested drop me a private message.

VZR1800
04-21-2006, 05:29 AM
I buy all my bikes new, and so far, everytime the 1 year warranty is about to expire, I get an extension proposal in the mail. (Honda, Kawasaki) I guess Suzuki would do the same. I would check that first though.

pkn2
04-21-2006, 07:09 AM
Guess I'm lucky...got a Manufacturers 2 year unlimited mileage warranty with mine with the option of buying another year warranty at the end of that.

Stretch
04-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Suzuki sends out a warranty extension letter about 2 months before the end of the first year of ownership. They want you to contact the dealer to purchase it though.

I would be interested in buying an extended warranty with the group if the price is right.

x_caliber50
04-21-2006, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the info guys. This basicly confirms that I got screwed out of a year of warrenty when I bought my last/first bike. The dealer sold me the warrenty the day I bought the bike.

One is a Suzuki one, 12 month plus 60 (6 years total from in service date).* For $623, maybe less if I can get a really large group together.* And an after market warranty which they say covers up to $1000 of accessories as well.* They are both the same term and about the same price.* I am reading the fine print to really see which is the better warranty.* Once I break them down, I will let you guys know which I think is the best one.* If you are interested drop me a private message.

Keep me posted on this. I would be real interested in taking part of that.

Mark

ns2973
04-21-2006, 01:05 PM
Try www.oneidasuzuki.com (http://www.oneidasuzuki.com) They have extended. Remember tho guys if it says 5 yrs, that INCLUDES the first year your bike is covered. Just an FYI.

Nick.