M109 Rider Forums banner

Online Maintenance Tracking

886 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  NSRiar 
#1 ·
I found a cool website: http://www.cyclebot.org/
It allows you to track maintenance for multiple motorcycles online. In my opinion this is better than an app on my phone or PC because it's available anywhere and (hopefully) will always be available. Check it out!

#2 ·
That's pretty cool, thanks! Currently I just track and schedule using Business Calendar, an app on my phone. I'll give this a try.

#3 ·
Damn...I still use a pen and paper. Got my schedule laid out for the season.

#7 ·
I've always documented my maintenance history on Excel. I do my budget report for home finance and my wife's business, as well. I set up a 600 mile service document from the service manual detailing everything that needed to be serviced including date, mileage, torques, which tool was used on each bolt, nut, hex head, etc. I'll do the same for future servicing. It just makes it easier for me when I set up for the next service.

#8 ·
I keep a file folder for each bike. All receipts go in the file and every maintenance action is written on the front of the folder. I can see the mileage, date, and service performed. I reset tripmeter B for oil change and tripmeter A is for miles since fill up. The clock is right for half the year.

I don't rely on my phone for anything. Personally, I think I am too mature to be so cool with a toy. I only wish my smartphone could make simple phone calls so I can actually talk to someone. I will never in my life pay for an app, and the only reason I have FB at all is for the baton relay. I am getting so computer bored that I probably will not get a new one until the last two that I have die.

I have more fun moving manure with my tractor than I do on the internet now. And as soon as they turn it over to the UN, I will be done with it too.

#9 ·
I keep a file folder for each bike. All receipts go in the file and every maintenance action is written on the front of the folder. I can see the mileage, date, and service performed. I reset tripmeter B for oil change and tripmeter A is for miles since fill up. The clock is right for half the year.

I don't rely on my phone for anything. Personally, I think I am too mature to be so cool with a toy. I only wish my smartphone could make simple phone calls so I can actually talk to someone. I will never in my life pay for an app, and the only reason I have FB at all is for the baton relay. I am getting so computer bored that I probably will not get a new one until the last two that I have die.

I have more fun moving manure with my tractor than I do on the internet now. And as soon as they turn it over to the UN, I will be done with it too.
:agree:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.