M109 Rider Forums banner

Scorpio SR-i900 Installation

7K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Mooxon BH 
#1 ·
My latest purchase is the Scorpio SR-i900 alarm system...which should arrive via UPS tomorrow. I tried searching for posts on installation tips, but the majority were old and the photos archived...which I cannot access.

Am I going to have to run wires under the gas tank or will everything hook up near the battery, which sounds like where most people mounted the alarm module. I'm just trying to gauge whether this is something I can tackle on my own or if the dealership is going to make more money off of me.

If anyone has some pics they can share, it would be greatly appreciated :bigthumbsup:

#2 ·
PM Lamonster with those archived URL's. He can retrieve them, and save them for you.

Depending on how many features you want to hook up, you can likely install everything required under the seat. I haven't done a bike alarm, but have done 100's of car alarms and remote starts, and can probably give you pointers to do it yourself once you get it, and have the instructions handy.

#4 ·
Always check the simplest things first.... You don't have the ignition switch in the 'P' position, do you? The key can be removed in that position, and the tail light will stay illuminated.

Next, how good is the ground connection for the alarm?

Where did you pick up the tail light connection?

#10 ·
#11 ·
A rep from Scorpio actually got back to me...turns out the factory connector kit for the M109R will not work for the M90, go figure :dontknow: The one for the M90 is a SUZ-3 and the one for the M109R is a SUZ-7.

I should be receiving the correct kit on Monday so if anyone out there is planning on getting a Scorpio alarm I've got the kit for the M109R, so save your money.

#16 ·
A rep from Scorpio actually got back to me...turns out the factory connector kit for the M109R will not work for the M90, go figure :dontknow: The one for the M90 is a SUZ-3 and the one for the M109R is a SUZ-7.

I should be receiving the correct kit on Monday so if anyone out there is planning on getting a Scorpio alarm I've got the kit for the M109R, so save your money.
Do you still have wiring kit and if you do email me or PM the price? I got my alarm ordered lastnight but no wiring at the moment. Cheers

#14 ·
The only listing for the Factory connector kits is up to 2007. Will the 2007 work on a 2009

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.