Ride for oil can [Archive] - M109Riders.com

View Full Version : Ride for oil can

kbear
04-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Hello Eveyone,

i would like to get with everyone who is interested and talk about what weekend everyone would like to do the ride. I would also like to have the meeting where Ms Oil Can will be able to meet up with us so we get the details of it and get the ride plan.

No matter what the ride will take place if it is rainning than we will do the following weekend.

what we have so far is we will be meeting in columbus and riding to Akron to meet up with Ms Oil Can, and doing a ride their. I am also thinking that if other coming in from some where up north if need to be we can plan a meeting place up there so all who want to ride can ride with us. I am looking at next month and on a saturday. My self and Kane109 will look at different routes for the ride and will post the route for anyone who would like to ride and can meet on the route.

This is a sad event but it is for a great person so the more the better.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Kbear

hello everyone

i've been talking with Mrs Oil Can and the plan is as follow it will be a picnic and ride taken place in Akron on the date of May 30 2009 as for the time i am thinking around 11 am being up there. i am working with kane109 and some of Mrs Oil Cans friends and this is what has been aprove so far due to this is what is best for the family with out the boys having to miss out on it as i get more information i will posted it on here.

Look it does not matter if you knew Oil Can or not for those of us who did know him knew he would make the ride because it was the right thing to do this is to show your surport. this is showing up for the ride but there has been alot of you out there from the columbus and ohio are stated you will ride just let you know when well i am letting you know when lets see how many show all are welcome. if you got friends and they ride bring them because as a few of us know you never know when that will be the last time you ride with them.

i am waiting for the park name as soon as i get that i will posted it also so people from other parts of ohio can show up also with out going out of their way

thank you in advance for your surport

hello everyone on may 30 2009 we are planing on meeting iron pony at 8:00 leaving iron pony at 8:30 sharp in order to get to Akron on time any questions please contact myself or kane109

CMHGUY
04-18-2009, 12:35 PM
I am in... Just post up the date and I will take the day off to go!!

:bigthumbsup:

fatone
04-18-2009, 01:09 PM
:bigthumbsup: :agree: :D

fater
04-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Just let me know when and I will be there

slwroln
04-23-2009, 12:43 AM
I'm in

kbear
04-27-2009, 10:43 PM
new infor added

kbear
04-28-2009, 09:02 PM
In Memory of Scott aka Oil Can
Ride & Picnic
May 30th, 2009
Meet in Akron at 11 a.m.
Leave for 2 hour ride then
end at Oxbow Hilltop Shelter
All bikes & anyone who
knew him are welcome!
Details of meeting place &
picnic area to follow.

this is the most recent update as we get closer we will set up a meeting place for the onces coming from the columbus area so we all can ride up together and anyone coming from a different area i would say lets meet at the park and that is where the ride will start and finish

nukeblade
04-29-2009, 03:33 AM
http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20081025/4/7/e/47ef96b465fb29d0543fe06db0641c360_large.jpghttp://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20080730/d/f/d/dfda7f8d5684b0c47bfcb4dbab5f34c30_large.jpg

Oil Can
05-01-2009, 09:03 PM
OILCAN MEMORIAL RUN & PICNIC :doorag:
SATURDAY, MAY 30, 2009
BIKES OUT AT 12 NOON
BIKES BACK AROUND 2
PICNIC AFTERWARDS
START & FINISH AT OXBOW HILLTOP SHELTER
1061 CUYAHOGA ST. AKRON, OH 44313

I would love for all you 109'ers to join us!!! Scott would love it! As some of you know my husband Oil Can (Scott) died after a motorcycle accident last October. We are pulling together a ride, followed by a picnic up here in Akron in his memory.

There are a few from the Columbus area that Scott met up with down there for a ride earlier last year and they are making the ride up, so if anyone else along the way from Columbus to Akron would like to join the ride, please let me know and I will get one of them in touch with you. If anyone up north towards the Cleveland area would like to come down and join us in the ride, please feel free also! The more the merrier! All bikes welcome! I would love to hear the puuurrrr of a boat load of 109's together on a run!

I hope to see you all on the 30th helping me and our 2 boys celebrating Scott's life! If you need directions, let me know and I'll do my best to get you here!

Thanks again, Robin (Mrs. OilCan):bigthumbsup: