M109 Rider Forums banner

LED Lights on Bikes WHILE BEING OPERATED legal in NC or SC??

6K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  rynosback 
#1 ·
Hi Carolina Crew...

Was wondering if someone could tell me if it is legal to operate a M/C with LED's... I don't mean have them on while parked and showing off the bike, Imean while riding on the road ways... can they be on? I would guess that red and blue are not allowed (I will have yellow) ... Just tring to plan for Myrtle Beach and how to avoid attracting unwanted attention... just want to comply with the laws.

Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
Hi Carolina Crew...

Was wondering if someone could tell me if it is legal to operate a M/C with LED's... I don't mean have them on while parked and showing off the bike, Imean while riding on the road ways... can they be on? I would guess that red and blue are not allowed (I will have yellow) ... Just tring to plan for Myrtle Beach and how to avoid attracting unwanted attention... just want to comply with the laws.

Thanks
A Cary police officer informed me blue lights are more apt to get you pulled because NC police use that color. I have a red Niner with red LEDS and asked him about riding with that color. He said he wouldn't have a problem with it, but it may depend on the police officer. I've ridden through Durham with my LEDs illuminated and the police just cruised on by. Can't speak for SC though . . .

#3 ·
It really all depends on were you are some cities here say and do nothing about LEDs while others will pull you over in a second.
The city of spartanburg started pulling people over at the end of last summer and righting tickets for LEDs and side mount tags.
The sport bike kids that hang out in the local parking lots really got hammered.
Most of the riders just run them and play stupid when they get pulled over.:dontknow:

#4 ·
Hi Carolina Crew...

Thanks
I don't really know but my guess is if your at Myrtle Beach on a motorcycle you will be getting pulled for something, so it might as well be the lights! They have made it pretty clear motorcycles are no longer welcome in their Tidy Town!

#5 ·
... Just tring to plan for Myrtle Beach and how to avoid attracting unwanted attention... just want to comply with the laws.

Thanks[/quote] jEvidently you haven't been paying alot of attention to this board. Myrtle Beach doesn't want you there. If you want to force the issue, I'm sure they'll find something to ticket you. Panama City might be a better choice.....for the moment. Just my 2 cents.

#6 ·
... Just tring to plan for Myrtle Beach and how to avoid attracting unwanted attention... just want to comply with the laws.

Thanks
jEvidently you haven't been paying alot of attention to this board. Myrtle Beach doesn't want you there. If you want to force the issue, I'm sure they'll find something to ticket you. Panama City might be a better choice.....for the moment. Just my 2 cents.[/quote]

Then take your cage with you. :D :joke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.