M109 Rider Forums banner

aahhhhhhh bad service issues

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  baldmotoman 
#1 ·
Last week I was waiting for some parts to come in with great anticapation, finally by thursday morning the 4 parts had all come in. I called the hsofslc to inquire about having them put on,and did I need an appointment. I was told just bring it in friday no appointment needed, I told the service guy to call me when it was finished and he said he would. I waited all day and no call, about 10.00am on sat I called them and was told it could be anywhere from 5 days to 2 weeks, just when it is one of the greatest riding times of the season I am out of commission. If I stiil was'nt on warranty I would surely go somewhere else, besides the sevice manager (carl) may be one of surliest people I've ever seen! :-\ :doorag::doorag::doorag:

G
#2 ·
I just picked mine up this morning (was supposed to be done yesturday), had the 14,500 mile service done. I made that appointment about a month ago. I know what you mean though! But if I drop it off on a Monday, I've always been able to pick it up by Friday. I don't ride much during the week anyway. I'm surprised they told you it would be done that fast without an appointment:-\ What are you having done?

The U is off to a good start huh!?

#4 · (Edited)
hs of slc-service

I was having a fuel processor and 2 adapater plates with air filters put on the bike, also a pair of xo black diamond billet grips. I was told it would take about 3 hours to get it done. With something internal like that I thought I'd better let them do it so they would'nt screw me if I had a warranty problem. Your right brett the u looks pretty good at least for 1/2 of each game so far. :doorag::doorag::doorag:

#6 ·
avoid

And that's why I try to avoid HS of SLC.
I did just get my tires mounted at Steadman's in Tooele. They aren't a Suzuki dealer, but I recognized their service manager. He either used to work at HS of SLC or puts time in at both places.
Steadman's was $80 plus tax (labor only) to do the tires and I brought the whole bike in to them. HS of SLC wanted around $170 if I brought the bike in, and $35 / tire if I just brought in the wheels. I'll pay them the extra $10 to avoid the hassle of removing the wheels.

#7 · (Edited)
Well it's going on 9 days since I've seen or heard anything about my bike. Yesterday I went up to logan to see the utes play and not only did I see about 100 bikers, but the weather and the beggening of the fall season and the leaves turning colors made me want to be on my bike. I'll tell you what, when my bike is finished I'm going to see the mananger, and give him a piece of my mind! Obviously I'm going to need a new place to take my bike any Ideas would be greatly apprecieated.??? :doorag::doorag::doorag:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.