M109 Rider Forums banner

15K views 53 replies 38 participants last post by  harps2 
#1 ·
So where is everyone based? I'm in Basingstoke in Hampshire. Somewhere between London and Southampton.

#3 ·
Should be ok once everyone knows we have a UK board. I only found out today.

#7 ·
If you build it... they will come...

I'm in Australia, I know I need to watch you brits and your mods.
Britain is where the most tricked out streetfighters come from:bigthumbsup:
Ive come over from Streetfighters onto the 9 (or 18 as we call it) and yeah, we got a massive fighter scene over here. Which I'm trying to inject into my 18 (money permitting of course) Last bike was an old 1100EFE Suzuki, GSXR running gear with a stretchd Spondon arm, jack up kit, blah,blah, with a 1200 Bandit engine in it plus Nitrous and tons more bits I've forgotten about. ;) We aint as mad as the German fighter scene though.:D

#5 ·
I am in Southeast London

#9 ·
It just kind of appeared Gezza. Not sure how long its been here. I asked Lamoster about havng one, and he posted the link to it. :dontknow:
Cool that we got one now though :bigthumbsup:

#12 ·
G'day all. Was born in Keighley, Yorkshire and my parents moved to Aus when I was 10. I now ride a 9 or 18...as you like :doorag: So that, I guess, gives me a bit more in common with you blokes over there in Pommy Land:a18:. :congrats: on your own thread and I hope you have as much fun on it there as we do over here in Aus...and probably the states :eek::eek:.

Keeva

#14 ·
1st Post new member

:bigthumbsup:Watcha all. Live Faringdon between Swindon Oxford. Am Truck Driver for a well known French co. Have Blue White 07 Model. Have just started to custom it. I E. Roadhouse exaust with Power Command. Bloody Great sound. But expensive. Braided Lines. to front brakes only, as rear dont need them. Kuriak Chrome grips with Car scratching spikes. Chrome headlight cover off Black model as could not stand all blue and white one. Suzuki sport screen. Sissy Bar Carrier. Am looking for more ideas from other members bikes. As have no bloodt ideas of my own. Love that Headlight that iv just seen above. Anyway Peeps nice to meet you all.

#17 ·
Looks like some of you guys are quite near me. Im in Basingstoke, just off the M3. Looking forward to catching up with some of you when (if) the summer comes.

#18 ·
Another expat here from Perth W.A. Thought I'd add my name to the list and see if we can get a bunch of 9riders over here.
My bike was the first one sold in W.A., maybe in in Oz - way back in April 2006. 'corse I got the M109R rego (number plate).
Been slow on the mods but I'm fabricating an exhaust similar to the german one shown on Delta Custom Bikes. (Their prices are off the planet.) I should be able to do it for half. Should be ready next week to dyno. Not expecting any monster numbers but it should look cool and be reasonably loud.
O yeah - originally came from sunny Cleethorpes back in '72.

#21 ·
I'm in damp, wet, b*****y cold but still nice to live Cornwall.
Had the bike about 3 weeks now but only been out once as we've either been snowed in, iced in, or flooded!
Gave it its first real 'blast', with the Mrs on the back this week.........
she says if we're riding like that she wants a bigger bloody backrest!
I've had alsorts of bikes over the last 30yrs including classics, Harleys, V max and Triumph Sprint but this just blows them all away. Think I'll be keeping it a loooong time!
2006 M1800R.

#28 ·
heloo friends. I'm from Slovenia ( small country near Adriatic sea )
It is nice to hear from you. I'm also proud owner of m109r.;)

by Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.