M109 Rider Forums banner

OT - Suzuki Madura shows up at my house with a guy I haven't seen in 48 years!

9K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  Robert May 
#1 ·

This is a 1985 Suzuki Madura, a bike that has a cult following, that many of your have never heard of.
It was only made for 2 years, and is quite fast as it is a V4.
Even stranger, the owner is a guy that was my brothers best friend, until he went on the Army in 1959, never to see each other again until last week. It was great to ride with him today, and talk about the old days. He has lived near me for all this time, but our paths never crossed until today. Looks like the 3 amigos have been reunited.

See less See more
#10 ·
cbxer55 said:
It would have been better if he had left the 4-into-4 exhaust on the thing.
But, in any event, they were always ugly. And will always remain so.
48 years? Surprised he even remembered ya.
I believe that's the stock exhaust for a 700 Madura, the 1100's have the pipes you are thinking of. Check out the Madura Forum for more info. The 1100's did the quarter in under 12 seconds at 115 mph. Not bad for 1985 on an old style ugly bike! Suzuki has made some "interesting" bikes over the years. Not for everyone, just like the 109.

We remembered each other alright, seems like yesterday. Just having trouble remembering last week :D

#11 ·
I fondly remember those Maduras....I was in sales at State sports Suzuki in Salt Lake city when they came out. We didn't get that many, but every 700 and 1200 we were allocated sold like wildfire....we had deposits on most of 'em. Those bikes were Suzuki's answer to the Honda magnas.

#12 ·
CBR1000DUDE said:
I believe that's the stock exhaust for a 700 Madura, the 1100's have the pipes you are thinking of. Check out the Madura Forum for more info. The 1100's did the quarter in under 12 seconds at 115 mph. Not bad for 1985 on an old style ugly bike! Suzuki has made some "interesting" bikes over the years. Not for everyone, just like the 109.

We remembered each other alright, seems like yesterday. Just having trouble remembering last week :D
The bike in the pic IS a 700. I have 1200 with the factory 4into4 exhaust. Cycle Guide ran 11.36 at 117 with a Madura 1200. So as much as I like the 109, anytime you wanna see my ugly taillight, let me know. Several Vrods have already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.