What is a ninja 626?

Thread: What is a ninja 626?

Very Active Member

Default What is a ninja 626?

What is a ninja 626? Is it a 600cc racebike, equivalent to a suzuki gsxr 600?
    Thank

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: What is a ninja 626?

I've never heard of that one....

Very Active Member

kawasaki 626 ( they come factory with cool tribal graphics)-- nice looking bike -- but i would say it is there version of a gsxr 600 ...

Isn't it Ninja 636?

I guess my Google skills are lacking...can't find any info on a 626...

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by aqwik69dart
    Isn't it Ninja 636?
    ah -- yes -- i think you are correct

Maybe you were thinking of the mazda 626
    - Chris
    BLK/ORNG/WHT 2010 Z1K - Bone stock and staying that way! :).....right?
    Red 07 M109 - Modified :) - Traded in
    Black 84 V65 Magna

Very Active Member windycityrider's Avatar

Isn't it Ninja 636?
    yes, it is 636. it was kawasaki's attempt at a "sportier" 600cc streetbike. not really much difference between the ninja 600 and the ninja 636. mostly cosmetic.

OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED.......THE
    WINDY CITY IS MY PLAYGROUND

Its not a 626. Its a ninja 636. Its kawasaki's big bore version of the 600. Its the only way Kawasaki could compete with the gsx-r 600. Its still a ninja, which is the kawasaki racing series. As I do believe, they went back to a 600cc motor for the '08. I have a co worker that runs a 636 in his sprint car, but he said they are banned after this year. So he has to go back to a 600. I think he said he is going to run an r6 motor next year. I think Haden runs a kawasaki in the AMA 600 series where he is on top. But Suzuki's rule the liter bikes.

Isn't it Ninja 636?
    It is the ZX-6R Ninja 636

U are correct...is it is the equivalent for the Gixxer 600 and Yamaha R6...i think it`s engine size is 626 cmc....
    If u want something done right u`ve got to do it urself!!!

I would rather die of thirst than drink from the pocal of mediocrity!!!

dv0042

Ninja 636 has been Kawi's 600cc class sportbike for a number of years now...very quick and flickable. I did a track day on one at California Superbike School a few years back. Nice bike.

Very Active Member

Ninja 636 has been Kawi's 600cc class sportbike for a number of years now...very quick and flickable. I did a track day on one at California Superbike School a few years back. Nice bike.
    sorry, but no.

There are two different types of kawis in that realm. The race bike, and the street bike.

The race bike is still the 600cc which is the Ninja zx6rr.
    The other is the street bike, which is the Ninja zx6. This is the 636, which definitely has more middle grunt than the race replica. Its a great bike, and i would love to have one. Im just too damn big for those...

Make no mistake, there are differences between the two...

Ridin it like I stole it....

Yes it is 636. Kawasaki went to the bigger bore a few years back but have since gone back to the normal 600cc motor. It was and is a lot more powerful than the other 600s in its class. The race bikes were 600cc motors and called the ZX-6RR. Both bikes are fully capable of beating the GSXR 600. Kawasaki has always had and will always have huge output numbers in their bikes, usually more than the others. the downfall to that is the handling suffers which is why the Suzuki line is the preferred bike. the 06 ZX-10r was however the top dog that year until Suzuki redesigned their bike. I ride and will always ride the Kawasaki sprortbike line hands down over the Suzuki line. now i know if I say this i am going to piss some people off but if the Kawasaki meanstreak came with a 1800cc motor and 240 rear tire i would have bought one.
    In a relentless pursuit of happiness, of small victories and defeat, one thing is certain this bike is more than just a machine, itís an obsession.

i think it all depends on what you are wanting when you are comparing 600 sport bikes. in my own experiences at the dragstrip yamaha r6's kill kawasaki's. seems like the gsxr 600's will tend to beat the kawasaki's. i am a suzuki fan. but i seriously believe yamaha has the horsepower in the small bikes. i have also watched several dyno vid's comparing all the 600's and the yamaha always has a higher hp number, but a not so broad torque curve. they seem to make the power in really high rpm's.

Very Active Member windycityrider's Avatar

kawasaki's having the high power output in the 600cc range? first i have heard of that. the motorcycle manufacturers will always bounce back and forth claiming hp numbers and 1/4 mile times. but i don't recall a kawi being on the top of that list in the past 3-4 years.

and the 06 ZX-10R being the top dog that year? that is also incorrect. suzuki's GSXR-1000 held that title for 05 and 06.

the yamaha's and suzuki's have owned the middle-weight and literbike classes for the past 4 years.

no way a stock kawi 600 is beating a stock R6, unless the yamaha rider only has a right leg. [rofl2]

OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED.......THE
    WINDY CITY IS MY PLAYGROUND

i agree.