2nd Bike Busa or ZX-14? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Bike Busa or ZX-14?

Default Re: 2nd Bike Busa or ZX-14?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch
    If it helps any, my insurance for some reason is 40 a month for full coverage with a 250 dollar deductable through state farm.

Now call and ask what it would be for an 07' Busa with the same coverage.
    the o7 is right at 1000$ per. yr. and the 08 is at 2200$ per yr. something about the o8 and the aerodynamic is what they were telling me..

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I wouldn't buy another Suzuki if it was half the cost. Their customer service downright sucks, plus even knowing all the craps they did wrong on this 9, they still continue to produce more of the same.

Very Active Member BigBoreBiker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wayneb3
    I wouldn't buy another Suzuki if it was half the cost. Their customer service downright sucks, plus even knowing all the craps they did wrong on this 9, they still continue to produce more of the same.
    ::)
    2006 Black M109R. (sold)
    2007 Black ZX-14 Ninja
    2000 Red/Gray GSX1300R Hayabusa.
    1999 Torch Red Twin Turbo Corvette vert.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoreBiker
    ::)
    ::) ::)

Quote Originally Posted by wayneb3
    ::) ::)
    ::) ::) ::)

Stock '08 Busa 1/4 mile run. (vid)
    http://www.dragbike.com/multimedia/0...ronic01_hi.wmv

"The 2008 Busa is strongest machine in stock trim we have ever tested-period."

Brock Davidson.

I think both bikes are the mutt's nuts, I have even entertained the thought of picking up a ZX-14 this year, but the new Busa is no joke.
    2006 Black M109R. (sold)
    2007 Black ZX-14 Ninja

Here's a pretty good read as well. Brock davidson dropped in and posted this one a few weeks ago.

http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewth...0096&set_time=
    '07 ZX14--- +7", -1/+5 gearing, pipe, PC3, and in the dirt
    60Ft ------ 1.42
    1/8 ET ---- 5.81
    MPH ------ 119 All at 3500FT

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoreBiker
    "The 2008 Busa is strongest machine in stock trim we have ever tested-period."

Brock Davidson.
    This will sell a lot of busa's to all of the people who want to tell everyone they have the fastest bike, ==>in stock trim that is. And .02 of a second in a 1/4 mile is not a deal breaker for me. After modding these two bikes they are a virtual TIE and it will boil down to rider more than anyting. IMO the best all around bike of the two after riding both and researching them is the ZX14. The ZX14 just seemed to be better made, smoother shifting, as good as or better braking, comfort, better display set up, ect. I also agree with Wayneb3 the Suzuki's quality is lacking. Suzuki makes some sick looking bikes as far as aesthetics go, but its the little things that Suzuki seems to skim on, in my opinion. <== KEY WORDS.

The big advantage the Busa still has over the ZX14 is in the aftermarket, but give it some time. The aftermarket for the ZX14 will catch up. Busa's have had no real threat as far as competition goes for like 10 years, until now. Notice Suzuki really hasn't changed much with the Busa until the ZX14 made it's debut. I really appreciate everyones input on this topic but I have finally made my decision and I will be buying a new 14. Ride safe all
    Ecclesiastes:time and chance come together for every person.

Very Active Member

THe ZX14 will run hotter than the busa but mine has never overheated yet and seems to put more heat on the rider. Not saying the busa won't. I was going to buy the 2008 Busa but couldn't find one in stock at the time so I went with the 14.
    Makes little difference to me busa or 14 both are good bikes and fit me well.

Very Active Member

I did notice the heat difference between the two, and the zx14 did seem to throw off more heat. But the reason I am leaning toward the zx over the busa are other things I noticed between the two. For example the busa seemed to have that vibration the 9's have at certain rpm's. The busa's clutch wasn't as smooth either, and the zx14 was just more comfortable to me. It was the little things like mirrors, instrument cluster, ect that did it for me. Don't get me wrong the busa is a bike, I just liked the feel of the zx14 better. And I just feel that the total package of the zx14 for me at least was better. Plus I live in the north east and heat shouldn't be as big of a problem for me as it would be for someone further south.
    Ecclesiastes:time and chance come together for every person.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawls
    Looks. It's all up to what you like here. Some people love the look of the busa but personally i think that it looks like a whale penis.
    [rofl2] [rofl2] [rofl2]

What specific features do you find to be the most like whale penis?

Are you a Discovery channel hound or swim a lot?

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. -- Ronald Reagan
    With Individual Freedom and Individual Salvation comes Individual Accountability. It brings a rewarding life to all. <--The Huff

lol, both
    60Ft ------ 1.42
    1/8 ET ---- 5.81

Very Active Member

Let's look at the repair factor. Alot of people are putting the spray to these two bikes and things go wrong from time to time and a cylinder or two may get wrecked. Busa, just unbolt cylinder and bolt a new one on. 14, new case halves! Good thinking Kawi.

The ease of maintenance comes from Suzuki's years of Pro-Stock drag racing.

2006 Black M109R. (sold)
    2007 Black ZX-14 Ninja

Oh yeah, well rob muzzy can't make his 14 competitive for ****... so take that lmfao.
    60Ft ------ 1.42
    1/8 ET ---- 5.81

Quote Originally Posted by Bawls
    Oh yeah, well rob muzzy can't make his 14 competitive for ... so take that lmfao.
    LOL!

Muzzy finished number 27 in 2007.
    2006 Black M109R. (sold)
    2007 Black ZX-14 Ninja

Very Active Member

Gadston got them 14's running good, but the 2 baddest bikes on the planet are both Busa's. Mike slow and I belive jason Miller. Both with low 7's 200 plus mph bikes.

On the Street there even, but the Busa will always take mods better. The frame is eaiser to turbo, the engine is easier to work on and the parts are far better and cheaper. The 14 will not be able to beat the aftermarket busa's in anything other then mild bolt ons and even then it is more of a even thing.

Default my 14

pcIII, muzzy m14 m10 exhaust =
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-01-22_22-37-34_124.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	28567  

Default Kaw foe sure

The hell with a busa, Kaw all the way get the Zx14 hands dwn reliability on 14, put it shifts butter smooth.... WOOOOO WOOOOO

I know this bike is not as good looking or as cool as the ZX 14 n the Busa but it will make u happy and you will have two bikes in one, but unless u need to go in insane speed then forget about this bike. but consider this especially if your are getting older, this hyper bikes get old after a while.....

Very Active Member

id go busa. No matter what i think reliability and although the some of the above posts say different, customer service has been good for suzuki for me.

04 gsxr 600, yamaha r6 (great bike, customer service sucked big time) 06 Gsxr 1000 and now the m109.

FYI, i also thing dual exhaust is ugly. just saying.
    good luck

having 2 Busas over the years you know where my vote is. As far as racing quarter mile is s all about the rider. I would chek out both as far as comfort, gauges, looks and all the other little items that make them different. BTW, if you go with a Busa I have a stage 2 turbo that will bolt right on to a Busa. Eithe way good luck tey are both great bikes. Check the valve maintenance, that is about the most costly maintenance item you will have.
    Last edited by sutphen771; 01-30-2011 at 07:14 PM.
    More Power GSXR1000 303hp

Very Active Member

I have a question for all of you busa lovers out there...

My question is WHY? Why go with a busa when you can go with a liter bike that is plenty fast and way more agile??

I seriously never understood why people get hyperbikes.. unless it is strictly a drag bike.

I'm assuming busa's dont handle nearly as well as a liter bike... and I'm also assuming a liter bike is PLENTY fast in comparison to a busa.

Please help me understand why people go with the beast of a busa when, to me, a liter bike seems to make more sense

Potentially earn THOUSANDS, exit the rat race, lose weight, get fit, drive a new BMW. Change your life!!!
    http://www.challengeyourpotential.com

Very Active Member

3rd Choise 07 v star 1300 cause its comfy,its got 100 watt sound system, det windshield, holds lots of groceries in those bags, and oh I need to sell it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new pics oct 12 001.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	28621  

Very Active Member

[QUOTE=Slick 109r;1408443]I have a question for all of you busa lovers out there...

My question is WHY? Why go with a busa when you can go with a liter bike that is plenty fast and way more agile??

I seriously never understood why people get hyperbikes.. unless it is strictly a drag bike.

I'm assuming busa's dont handle nearly as well as a liter bike... and I'm also assuming a liter bike is PLENTY fast in comparison to a busa.

The busa is a comfortable sport bike with big block torque that the liter bikes don't have, also if you have never ridden a busa, they are a lot more agile then people think, I have friends who are just track day nuts with there busa's.

Very Active Member

Slick, you are correct about liter bikes just as fast, there are some out now that will hand the busa/zx14 it's lunch.

Default Easy choice!

We have a busa and 109 in the garage.....BUSA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My guy is 6'6" and can ride his Busa for several hours at a time. He says it is a very comfortable ride....and she is a hot looking bike
    C50 Volusia Intruder (Sweetpea) then a 2003 Honda Magna (Maggie) and now an 07 109 (Gwendolyn). I've been 160 MPH as a passenger on the back of a Hayabusa (Bridgette). And my OMG newest bike to add is my own 03 Copper Hayabusa, named Ysabel.

Cuz chicks ride too.

Very Active Member

take those ugly rear indicators of& those fat pipes& busa

Very Active Member italianrider's Avatar

I'd go with the ZX14, but to each its own.,.,.,.,.,.,.
    By far the best hand in poker

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by busabeater 2 View Post
    Slick, you are correct about liter bikes just as fast, there are some out now that will hand the busa/zx14 it's lunch.

O yea and I forgot to mention.. the new BMW S 1000rr would hand the busa its arse... on a track or a drag strip.

If its a comfort thing, then I might be able to see it.. but why not get a tourer if you want comfort?

Potentially earn THOUSANDS, exit the rat race, lose weight, get fit, drive a new BMW. Change your life!!!
    http://www.challengeyourpotential.com