M109 Rider Forums banner

BIKES, BLUES AND BBQ --FAYETTEVILLE, AR. SEPT 24-27 2008 *** 2 months

13K views 143 replies 34 participants last post by  TORQ 
#1 · (Edited)
BIKES, BLUES AND BBQ --FAYETTEVILLE, AR. SEPT 24-27 2008 *** 4 days left

Starting a little early this year in letting everyone know that Bikes Blues and BBQ is September 24th thru the 27th this year. :a18: :hot: :2excited: We had a great time last year and look forward to seeing everyone again this year. Your best bet is to book your rooms ASAP the hotels all around book up really fast. The BB&BBQ web site is

http://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org/

If you have any questions please feel free to pm me anytime. :D

Here is a link for hotels around the area.. Thanks to Moy2006 :p :bigthumbsup:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&u...&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

#3 ·
Re: BIKES, BLUES AND BBQ --FAYETTEVILLE, AR. SEPT 24-27 2008

Trish...I love you people there! Yes...all of ya.
I'm putting in for vacation for 2 full weeks during September.
I'm planning on staying in the same campground that I stayed at last October.
It was fairly cheap and almost midway between Eureka Springs & Fayetteville. It made for some VERY interesting rides in the middle of the night. I'm hoping to have enough saved so that I can have my brother-in-law deliver the motor home the weekend before & spend a week in Arkansas and have them come down to join me the weekend of BB&BBQ.
This way, I'll have time to cruise the roads around there & do a little exploring before it's all packed with amateurs!

I look forward to seeing everyone down there!

#4 ·

Ctatyk said:
Trish...I love you people there! Yes...all of ya.
I'm putting in for vacation for 2 full weeks during September.
I'm planning on staying in the same campground that I stayed at last October.
It was fairly cheap and almost midway between Eureka Springs & Fayetteville. It made for some VERY interesting rides in the middle of the night. I'm hoping to have enough saved so that I can have my brother-in-law deliver the motor home the weekend before & spend a week in Arkansas and have them come down to join me the weekend of BB&BBQ.
This way, I'll have time to cruise the roads around there & do a little exploring before it's all packed with amateurs!

I look forward to seeing everyone down there!
We look forward to seeing alot of you guys again too. I will just have to make sure I can get a day or two off during the week to ride with you guys. ;)

#8 ·

Steve...that pic is VERY interesting. I'm not positive that I like it or don't like it....but I'm betting that it looks even cooler in person...bikes always do...so...I'll bet that I like it!
Nice customization!
Oh who am I kidding...that's the coolest "streetfighter" version of a 9 that I've seen yet! Good job!

#12 ·

Ctatyk said:
Steve...that pic is VERY interesting. I'm not positive that I like it or don't like it....but I'm betting that it looks even cooler in person...bikes always do...so...I'll bet that I like it!
Nice customization!
Oh who am I kidding...that's the coolest "streetfighter" version of a 9 that I've seen yet! Good job!
I kinda had the old Mad Max/Road Warrior movies on my mind when it came to me. the old Dunstall fairings like they used on those old Kaw KZ's in those movies is still available and priced right too. even some of the guys I work with who ride Harley's liked it.

#14 ·
Re: BIKES, BLUES AND BBQ --FAYETTEVILLE, AR. SEPT 24-27 2008 *** 4 months

OK, OK, twist my arm, I'll go!! Maybe if I make a reservation now I won't end up on Rich & Trish's Couch this year. HA!

The German Shepard's made for some interesting, I mean exciting, very quiet trips to the bathroom late at night.

[size=17pt]Nice doggies
....... remember me? Help!, Rich!! :yikes: [/size]

Sure had a great time last year. Looking forward to seeing all your smiling faces once more! :D

#15 ·

fe428 said:
OK, OK, twist my arm, I'll go!! Maybe if I make a reservation now I won't end up on Rich & Trish's Couch this year. HA!

The German Shepard's made for some interesting, I mean exciting, very quiet trips to the bathroom late at night.

[size=17pt]Nice doggies
....... remember me? Help!, Rich!! :yikes: [/size]

Sure had a great time last year. Looking forward to seeing all your smiling faces once more! :D
That is too funny. :D They just finished building two hotels right next to the action and one is a VP-value place $179 a week. Not sure if that is booked up yet or not they just finished it in Jan. I think. Can't wait to to see you again. All of us will have to get back together before then.

#16 ·

steve j said:
I might camp out in your backyard, Trish and Rich! :D finished up the 9 the other day. :bigthumbsup:
got more pics of your bike? i think i really like it. :bigthumbsup:

#18 ·

steve j said:
yep, look over in the shop talk section under "what's cookin'".
:edit: thats a bad lookin bike man! :bigthumbsup: i couldnt imagine the time and money that went into it. but well spent! :drool:

#20 ·
Re: BIKES, BLUES AND BBQ --FAYETTEVILLE, AR. SEPT 24-27 2008 *** 3 months

OK...it's getting closer and I have all of my travel arrangements taken care of.
*grumbles*
I wish it was closer to time for this!!!
I only hope that they have a better stunt team this year. Guys "trying" to stunt on a couple of 1200cc Harley's is not what I'd call exciting!!!

#24 ·

Well, IF my shoulder is cleared by the doc, and IF my mechanics are done putting my bike back together, I will be down there. I think Little Mark is planning on camping down there instead of making a 530 mile one day T-shirt run again. So, I am deffinately planning on maybe coming but I am not sure what days or for how long :D

#25 ·

Cool beans Keith & Newt!

Rich: I could try to borrow a friend's 'Busa...LOL
I'd rather ride my 9 around though...it fits my angry/aggressive idea.

I'm trying to talk some others from this area into coming along...but don't know if they will or not. There are only 4 sleaping areas in the motor home and during BB&BBQ, 3 of them will be taken already....

I'm just looking forward to camping down there for a week and enjoying the twisty roads before the event when they'll be clogged up by oil pukers (Harley's...yes, I know, not all of them do, but that 10% is not a majority).

#26 ·

Ctatyk said:
Cool beans Keith & Newt!

Rich: I could try to borrow a friend's 'Busa...LOL
I'd rather ride my 9 around though...it fits my angry/aggressive idea.

I'm trying to talk some others from this area into coming along...but don't know if they will or not. There are only 4 sleaping areas in the motor home and during BB&BBQ, 3 of them will be taken already....

I'm just looking forward to camping down there for a week and enjoying the twisty roads before the event when they'll be clogged up by oil pukers (Harley's...yes, I know, not all of them do, but that 10% is not a majority).
Where are you guys camping. Some of us from KC are looking into camp areas now ( I know, a little late, but I'm not running this train)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.