BIKES, BLUES AND BBQ --FAYETTEVILLE, AR. SEPT 24-27 2008 *** 2 months
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: BIKES, BLUES AND BBQ --FAYETTEVILLE, AR. SEPT 24-27 2008 *** 2 months

Exclamation BIKES, BLUES AND BBQ --FAYETTEVILLE, AR. SEPT 24-27 2008 *** 4 days left

Starting a little early this year in letting everyone know that Bikes Blues and BBQ is September 24th thru the 27th this year. We had a great time last year and look forward to seeing everyone again this year. Your best bet is to book your rooms ASAP the hotels all around book up really fast. The BB&BBQ web site is

http://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org/

If you have any questions please feel free to pm me anytime.

Here is a link for hotels around the area.. Thanks to Moy2006

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um...e-results&cd=1
    Last edited by TRISH UTAH; 09-20-2008 at 06:07 PM.
    --If you don't like the way I ride stay off the sidewalk.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Default Re: BIKES, BLUES AND BBQ --FAYETTEVILLE, AR. SEPT 24-27 2008

I gotta find a job so I can order my Spyder... so I can't plan on any trips just yet.... DARN IT!
    No matter where you go... there you are

Very Active Member

Trish...I love you people there! Yes...all of ya.
    I'm putting in for vacation for 2 full weeks during September.
    I'm planning on staying in the same campground that I stayed at last October.
    It was fairly cheap and almost midway between Eureka Springs & Fayetteville. It made for some VERY interesting rides in the middle of the night. I'm hoping to have enough saved so that I can have my brother-in-law deliver the motor home the weekend before & spend a week in Arkansas and have them come down to join me the weekend of BB&BBQ.
    This way, I'll have time to cruise the roads around there & do a little exploring before it's all packed with amateurs!

I look forward to seeing everyone down there!
    The wind is adjustable, right hand I think. ~Jazzster
    I heard that they made that idiot proof!
    I see that you've proven them wrong once again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ctatyk
    Trish...I love you people there! Yes...all of ya.
    I'm putting in for vacation for 2 full weeks during September.
    I'm planning on staying in the same campground that I stayed at last October.
    It was fairly cheap and almost midway between Eureka Springs & Fayetteville. It made for some VERY interesting rides in the middle of the night. I'm hoping to have enough saved so that I can have my brother-in-law deliver the motor home the weekend before & spend a week in Arkansas and have them come down to join me the weekend of BB&BBQ.
    This way, I'll have time to cruise the roads around there & do a little exploring before it's all packed with amateurs!

I look forward to seeing everyone down there!
    We look forward to seeing alot of you guys again too. I will just have to make sure I can get a day or two off during the week to ride with you guys.

Very Active Member 03svtsnakevert's Avatar

alright...planning on making this one
    Kawasaki Mean Streak--sold
    Suzuki M109R--sold
    06 Screamin' Eagle VRod--sold (whyyyyyyyyyyyy?!?!??!?!?!?)

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by 03svtsnakevert
    alright...planning on making this one
    Sure... I've heard that before.
    No matter where you go... there you are

I might camp out in your backyard, Trish and Rich! finished up the 9 the other day.

Very Active Member

Steve...that pic is VERY interesting. I'm not positive that I like it or don't like it....but I'm betting that it looks even cooler in person...bikes always do...so...I'll bet that I like it!
    Nice customization!
    Oh who am I kidding...that's the coolest "streetfighter" version of a 9 that I've seen yet! Good job!

Very Active Member 03svtsnakevert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 109medic
    Sure... I've heard that before.
    no kidding....lol
    Kawasaki Mean Streak--sold
    Suzuki M109R--sold
    06 Screamin' Eagle VRod--sold (whyyyyyyyyyyyy?!?!??!?!?!?)

I'll be there since I live there here.

hmmmm I live there / here too.....

Where are u?

Steve...that pic is VERY interesting. I'm not positive that I like it or don't like it....but I'm betting that it looks even cooler in person...bikes always do...so...I'll bet that I like it!
    Nice customization!
    Oh who am I kidding...that's the coolest "streetfighter" version of a 9 that I've seen yet! Good job!
    I kinda had the old Mad Max/Road Warrior movies on my mind when it came to me. the old Dunstall fairings like they used on those old Kaw KZ's in those movies is still available and priced right too. even some of the guys I work with who ride Harley's liked it.

Razorbacks take on Bama the weekend before. It's more likely that I will be in F'vlle then. But you never know.

Default Re: BIKES, BLUES AND BBQ --FAYETTEVILLE, AR. SEPT 24-27 2008 *** 4 months

OK, OK, twist my arm, I'll go!! Maybe if I make a reservation now I won't end up on Rich & Trish's Couch this year. HA!

The German Shepard's made for some interesting, I mean exciting, very quiet trips to the bathroom late at night.

[size=17pt]Nice doggies
    ....... remember me? Help!, Rich!! [/size]

Sure had a great time last year. Looking forward to seeing all your smiling faces once more!
    Retired Navy, now just a sand-crab bum with a 2006 FJR - Wave Galfer front rotors, Cee Bailey's windscreen, power commander III . Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.

Default Re: BIKES, BLUES AND BBQ --FAYETTEVILLE, AR. SEPT 24-27 2008 *** 4 months

Quote Originally Posted by fe428
    OK, OK, twist my arm, I'll go!! Maybe if I make a reservation now I won't end up on Rich & Trish's Couch this year. HA!

The German Shepard's made for some interesting, I mean exciting, very quiet trips to the bathroom late at night.

[size=17pt]Nice doggies
    ....... remember me? Help!, Rich!! [/size]

Sure had a great time last year. Looking forward to seeing all your smiling faces once more!
    That is too funny. They just finished building two hotels right next to the action and one is a VP-value place $179 a week. Not sure if that is booked up yet or not they just finished it in Jan. I think. Can't wait to to see you again. All of us will have to get back together before then.

Quote Originally Posted by steve j
    I might camp out in your backyard, Trish and Rich! finished up the 9 the other day.

got more pics of your bike? i think i really like it.
    K&N Intake, Vance & Hines Big Shots, PC3, JSD,Shift kit Evo Star, Gel Seats, Smoked Lenses, Iso Grips with Spikes, De-Beavered, Highway Bars, Stainless Swing Arm Cover, Kewl Metal 2" Risers and end cap tach mount, Barnett Clutch and Throttle Cables,Pair Valve Block Off Kit, Bio-Hazard Derby Cover, CA Integrated Taillight, Webslinger speedo & Tach, Chrome Driveshaft Cover, Kuryo Skull Pegs,03:05 AM BlkM109r Paint Job

Quote Originally Posted by lostbones

got more pics of your bike? i think i really like it.
    yep, look over in the shop talk section under "what's cookin'".

Quote Originally Posted by steve j
    yep, look over in the shop talk section under "what's cookin'".

thats a bad lookin bike man! i couldnt imagine the time and money that went into it. but well spent!
    K&N Intake, Vance & Hines Big Shots, PC3, JSD,Shift kit Evo Star, Gel Seats, Smoked Lenses, Iso Grips with Spikes, De-Beavered, Highway Bars, Stainless Swing Arm Cover, Kewl Metal 2" Risers and end cap tach mount, Barnett Clutch and Throttle Cables,Pair Valve Block Off Kit, Bio-Hazard Derby Cover, CA Integrated Taillight, Webslinger speedo & Tach, Chrome Driveshaft Cover, Kuryo Skull Pegs,03:05 AM BlkM109r Paint Job

Live an hour away so I'll definately be there.... been the past two years and it was great.

Very Active Member

Default Re: BIKES, BLUES AND BBQ --FAYETTEVILLE, AR. SEPT 24-27 2008 *** 3 months

OK...it's getting closer and I have all of my travel arrangements taken care of.
    *grumbles*
    I wish it was closer to time for this!!!
    I only hope that they have a better stunt team this year. Guys "trying" to stunt on a couple of 1200cc Harley's is not what I'd call exciting!!!

Default Re: BIKES, BLUES AND BBQ --FAYETTEVILLE, AR. SEPT 24-27 2008 *** 3 months

Karen and I will be there after all LOOKING forward to it too!
    --

I'll be there... but unfortunately none of you will be able to keep up this year.

Im in too. Got my saddlebags in this week so I can ride over instead of trailering.

Well, IF my shoulder is cleared by the doc, and IF my mechanics are done putting my bike back together, I will be down there. I think Little Mark is planning on camping down there instead of making a 530 mile one day T-shirt run again. So, I am deffinately planning on maybe coming but I am not sure what days or for how long

It's a whole new world on a new ride!

Very Active Member

Cool beans Keith & Newt!

Rich: I could try to borrow a friend's 'Busa...LOL
    I'd rather ride my 9 around though...it fits my angry/aggressive idea.

I'm trying to talk some others from this area into coming along...but don't know if they will or not. There are only 4 sleaping areas in the motor home and during BB&BBQ, 3 of them will be taken already....

I'm just looking forward to camping down there for a week and enjoying the twisty roads before the event when they'll be clogged up by oil pukers (Harley's...yes, I know, not all of them do, but that 10% is not a majority).

Cool beans Keith & Newt!

Rich: I could try to borrow a friend's 'Busa...LOL
    I'd rather ride my 9 around though...it fits my angry/aggressive idea.

I'm trying to talk some others from this area into coming along...but don't know if they will or not. There are only 4 sleaping areas in the motor home and during BB&BBQ, 3 of them will be taken already....

I'm just looking forward to camping down there for a week and enjoying the twisty roads before the event when they'll be clogged up by oil pukers (Harley's...yes, I know, not all of them do, but that 10% is not a majority).
    Where are you guys camping. Some of us from KC are looking into camp areas now ( I know, a little late, but I'm not running this train)?

I think the KC group may have found a camp area Lake Wedington Recreation Area?? Looks nice and only a dozen miles West of town.

Plus, rustic camp sites are only 10 bucks a nite!!!!

Very Active Member

We're going to be camping at the Beaver Lake Hideaway campground.
    It's just a little up a curvy road just North of the War Eagle Cavern area. I really enjoyed it because I had a nice curvy ride to get to Fayetteville & Rich's house. I had a great time last year. I should have a better time this year since I now know all of the roads around there!!! Plus, I'll be getting a whole week of practice there before I get to ride with everyone.

just confirmed my reservations at Lake Fort Smith State Park they said they still have a few rv spots if anyones looking. Hope to hook up with some fellow 9ers there.
    Old age and treachery always overcomes youth and speed!

If anyone needs any info on Hotels just drop me a pm and I will be glad to open up the phone book and let you know which ones are close by NOT MUCH LONGER>>>>