OT - Suzuki Madura shows up at my house with a guy I haven't seen in 48 years!

Thread: OT - Suzuki Madura shows up at my house with a guy I haven't seen in 48 years!

Default OT - Suzuki Madura shows up at my house with a guy I haven't seen in 48 years!

This is a 1985 Suzuki Madura, a bike that has a cult following, that many of your have never heard of.
    It was only made for 2 years, and is quite fast as it is a V4.
    Even stranger, the owner is a guy that was my brothers best friend, until he went on the Army in 1959, never to see each other again until last week. It was great to ride with him today, and talk about the old days. He has lived near me for all this time, but our paths never crossed until today. Looks like the 3 amigos have been reunited.

A man has got to know his limitations... Harry Callahan

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: OT - Suzuki Madura shows up at my house with a guy I haven't seen in 48 years!

Strange how life seems to always come full circle. It is always good to reunite with old friends.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE

Default Re: OT - Suzuki Madura shows up at my house with a guy I haven't seen in 48 years!

Very cool! and btw I like the old Madura's. I had a '85 700 madura. It was one of my first road bikes
    - Mntsnow -

Respect turns into AWE with the twist of the Throttle!

Default Re: OT - Suzuki Madura shows up at my house with a guy I haven't seen in 48 year

Great story, and glad you guys found each other. Some things are just meant to happen, and now you have a new/old riding buddy.

Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself.

Waayyyy Coool Story !!
    07 Black 9,  Rifle w/lowers,  throttle lock,  CWI Driver's Backrest,  stealth rack

Very Active Member slunglow109r's Avatar

Great story hope you had a great time and will have many more

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by slunglow109r
    Great story hope you had a great time and will have many more

Very Active Member

It looks like you had a great reunion. I do believe the pic would have been better if the HD wasn't in front

Great story CBR. 48 years is a long time. Great pics, nice bikes..

I got an offer i couldn't refuse for my 9 so all i have left is my Wing..

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55
    It would have been better if he had left the 4-into-4 exhaust on the thing.
    But, in any event, they were always ugly. And will always remain so.
    48 years? Surprised he even remembered ya.
    I believe that's the stock exhaust for a 700 Madura, the 1100's have the pipes you are thinking of. Check out the Madura Forum for more info. The 1100's did the quarter in under 12 seconds at 115 mph. Not bad for 1985 on an old style ugly bike! Suzuki has made some "interesting" bikes over the years. Not for everyone, just like the 109.

We remembered each other alright, seems like yesterday. Just having trouble remembering last week
    A man has got to know his limitations... Harry Callahan

Very Active Member

I fondly remember those Maduras....I was in sales at State sports Suzuki in Salt Lake city when they came out. We didn't get that many, but every 700 and 1200 we were allocated sold like wildfire....we had deposits on most of 'em. Those bikes were Suzuki's answer to the Honda magnas.
    jim hodgason

Quote Originally Posted by CBR1000DUDE
    I believe that's the stock exhaust for a 700 Madura, the 1100's have the pipes you are thinking of. Check out the Madura Forum for more info. The 1100's did the quarter in under 12 seconds at 115 mph. Not bad for 1985 on an old style ugly bike! Suzuki has made some "interesting" bikes over the years. Not for everyone, just like the 109.

We remembered each other alright, seems like yesterday. Just having trouble remembering last week
    The bike in the pic IS a 700. I have 1200 with the factory 4into4 exhaust. Cycle Guide ran 11.36 at 117 with a Madura 1200. So as much as I like the 109, anytime you wanna see my ugly taillight, let me know. Several Vrods have already.

Very Active Member Hubert Hefner's Avatar

Small world!
    '07 Black, debadged, tach relocation, cobra dragsters w/big city thunder baffles,fi2000, ATRE, ISO grips, cobra dipstick, and red's custom plate bracket.

Great story !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Orange '08 M109R with UT Texas theme speedo face, Iso grips w/stiletto end caps, LEDs, Metzlers, Memphis Shades "shooter" windshield, Techlusion fuel management... "Drink The Wind!"
    7-18-14... added a Nebulous Purple 2013 Yamaha V-Max to the stable
    2" lowering link, seat shaved and tapered, touring windshield...

I think we ride the new Suzuki Madura 109 re-invented
    Quote by Jutah
    That shift to second is easy to miss if you don't shift it like you mean it.

Very Active Member windycityrider's Avatar

great story.

OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED.......THE
    WINDY CITY IS MY PLAYGROUND

Life is weird l like that.I lost touch with an old friend of mine for 20 years. Ran into him 3 weeks ago and since then have ran into him 3 more times.