Wheelie with m109r

Thread: Wheelie with m109r

Default Wheelie with m109r

I just want to ask if someone has tried to do a wheelie with m109r? I know it is possible. Maybe someone could post pictures or video.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Wheelie with m109r

The M109R wheelie king, JR™:

Very Active Member

Yes, its possible.................. and you don't always have to be "trying" when they happen either

Never argue with stupid people, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

I will have to do this with my bike. I can bet I weight less than JR , should help me a bit.

Very Active Member

Yea, dumping the clutch on these things while rolling in 1st with the revs up will do 1 of 3 things usually

1. Break the tire loose and spin till it bites or needs 2nd

2. Break the tire loose and then about halfway through the usual burn out have it bite and loft the front wheel about a foot off the ground till you need to hit 2nd (my personal favorite)

3. Spin about and inch or two its seems and the puts the front end way up there till you run out of power or balls All this depend a lot on the type of surface you are on and how hard you want to hit it

I haven't got the hang of shifting in the wheelie down on the 109 yet so about all I've done is one through first and a little of second once before she ran out of power The rest I've done is like the 2 mentioned above at least till I get more power

Never argue with stupid people, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Very Active Member

The 109 is such a big 'un, it seems difficult to expect consistancy, unless you are impressing people on the same road.

I better start practicing soon, as the neigbors are due with their first child in the next 2 weeks or so.
    No, I'll be nice and find another pristine asphalt "runway" to hone my skills.

Very Active Member

Fair warning, and this is coming from someone who could hit the rev limiter on a CBR in 2nd (approx. 130mph, while up on one....) Somebody MIGHT be able to get it to come up on the stock Dunlops, I cant.... Then again, while I was trying, I had 6,000 miles on the stockers and 1 massive burnout, so the middle is almost slick. All mine wanted to do so far, is in first gear dumping the clutch, spin... In first, chopping the throttle, spin..... In second dump the clutch, spin.. It's cool, feeling it get sideways while spinning though
    <br /><br />Just because you put tap shoes on an elephant does not mean it can dance. War Eagle!

although no matter what that wheelie is impressive but is there a passenger riding that wheelie too i noticed an extra leg in the first pic

Quote Originally Posted by ppridgen1
    JR is on the stock 240 dunny in those pics !!!!
    And his son on the back. That might have helped. I use to do some pretty long wheelie with my wife on the back of my Sporty maybe that's why she won't ride with me anymore. ::)

Quote Originally Posted by JR™
    I can do a wheelie a bike and have for 38 years with or without anyone on the back...The 109 it can be done with the stock tire or the Metz.I weigh 225.
    Not saying you couldn't Bro, Hal told me about the wheelies you did at the track. I was just saying in those pictures you had your son on the back and that helps, just like it did on my Harley.

JR what about some lessons in Lithuania ::)? Lithuanian beer is very good

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy
    JR what about some lessons in Lithuania ::)? Lithuanian beer is very good
    That probably means that you dont like Budweiser or any American beer for that matter! ::)

I think most Europeans feel American beer is too watery & not enough alcohol.

Chuck

Chuck

Very Active Member

I guess I'm kinda light weight (175lbs)...no enough lead in my @$$ to keep the tire planted, any time I try it just spins the tire until I'm ready to shift. Still fun, just wish I could get the front tire up sometimes. By the end of summer I should be putting a Metz on the back, so maybe that will help a little.

Very Active Member

I cant even do a wheelie on a bicycle!.lol

Very Active Member

You might 'spot' your potpie pan !!
    07 BLACK M109R+Zuk&#39; tourig wndshld,smll bckrst,gel seats,ISO&#39;s,Metz 130/260 TRADED FOR YAMAHA STRATOLINER S 9/04/07

Very Active Member

I like riding on two wheels. I think I use my b@##% for something safer. Remember, practice makes PERFECT. Its just those mistakes that are going to hurt like hell.

I've popped mine off the ground hitting second hard and hitting a small rise at the same time, by accident. It's called the end of my driveway, 2nd ride of the bike.

I get the impression it comes up kind of easy in the right situation.

Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself.