Well, I see so many people on here that ask how to post pics so I figured I would post this tutorial.Â* Besides, it gets hard to keep finding the post where I wrote this the first time, so hopefully this will get stickied or something.Â* Personally, I have used Photobucket for quite a while without any problems, so that's what this tutorial applies to.Â* I will check out other sites that allow direct linking and maybe sign up and add to the tutorial later.Â* Anyway, on with the tutorial.
Here ya go... Step by step.
1. Sign up for free account at www.PhotoBucket.com and log into the account
2. Click "Browse" button which will pull up a list of your folders and files on your computer.Â* Just need to know where the pic is.Â* Please be sure to keep the pics around 800 x 600 pixels or so for posting images in your thread.Â* This is a good size to view on the web.. not too small, not too big.
3. Once you find the pic you are wanting to upload in step 2, you select it by double clicking it, and then click "Submit"Â* This will upload the image to your Photobucket account.
4. Once the photo is uploaded, you will see a small version of the image, along with 3 options for linking to the image directly below it.Â* The first gives the plain URL, the second gives the TAG code, and the third (the one for this site) gives the IMG tag.Â* That is what you will want to use to attach the file to a post here.Â* If you copy that link, you only need to paste it into your post here.Â* It will already have the [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] tags around it.Â* That's all there is to it.Â* Give it a try.
Now, if you have seen a picture posted somewhere else and you want to post it here, this is what you need to do.
1. Right click on the image that is posted and click the option that says something to the effect of "Copy Image Location" or "Copy Link Location".Â* If those options do not appear when you right click, then just click Properties at the bottom.Â* A box will pop up that has the image Address or URL listed.Â* Something like http://whateverpicture.jpg.Â* Highlight that address and copy it.
2. In your post, click the button to insert an image.Â* It should be located just below the Italicized <I>I</>.Â* It looks like a picture in a frame.Â* It will place IMG tags like [ IMG][/IMG ]Â* (note, I've added spaces that won't be there so they will actually show up in this message).Â* You will need to paste the address or URL directly in between those ][ tags.Â* That's all there is to it.