M109 Rider Forums banner

hid headlight

632 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Poseidon 
#1 ·
:mad::(" smilieid="18" class="inlineimg"> OMG i have ordered 2 sets of 10000k hid headlight and both fookin sets on have the 10000k on high beam and low beam is still stock:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:.....please some body tell me what im doin wrong...or better yet is there a light that meets my need that is 10000k on low and high??? man o man im frustrated

#2 ·
:(" smilieid="18" class="inlineimg"> OMG i have ordered 2 sets of 10000k hid headlight and both fookin sets on have the 10000k on high beam and low beam is still stock:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:.....please some body tell me what im doin wrong...or better yet is there a light that meets my need that is 10000k on low and high??? man o man im frustrated
What are you really after?

Brightness or colour?

https://www.diodedynamics.com/store/research-1/research-hid/hid-brightness.html

#7 ·
basically im going for just color,i have noticed for instance 10k hid always looks different depending on which company you get them for some are whiter but most of the time 10k is the last of the blue than any higher the color gets purple and than weird lol...is there some company that sells both high and low 10k for my bike if so tell me !!!! thanks for your helps friends:doorag:

#3 ·
Having a separate low beam might be better than the only alternative I've seen. The HIDs that have both hi and low beams use a single filament that moves slightly (up/down) when the hi/low beam switch is activated. The problem with this system is when you loose the filament, you loose both hi and low beam. At night something like that could be catastrophic. The bulbs you have will give you the opportunity to still have light if one or the other bulbs burn out.

#4 ·
This is very true. I have this kind and would have preferred the oem high beam myself for these reasons. When I switch from hi to low, there is not much difference. I prefer the hids for low so cagers see me a bit better.
troy

#5 ·
:mad::(" smilieid="18" class="inlineimg":mad:" smilieid="18" class="inlineimg"> OMG i have ordered 2 sets of 10000k hid headlight and both fookin sets on have the 10000k on high beam and low beam is still stock:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:.....please some body tell me what im doin wrong...or better yet is there a light that meets my need that is 10000k on low and high??? man o man im frustrated
10K is way to purple, i would never go over 6k in color, witch is pure white.

#6 ·
i personally like the 10000k its just a hint or hew of blue i have them in all my cars .and love them. so i agree with what you are all sayin so where do i find the part number whats it exactly called so i can order the right one,i believe i had the on a long time ago when i put high on the whole bulb plunged out a bit and low plunged in:dontknow: i remeber i think lol....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.