1992 Suzuki GS500 - New
    2004 VTX 1800C - New
    2005 VTX 1300C - New
    1985 GSX 1100 E - Used
    2009 Road King - New
    2010 Road Glide - New
    2015 Road Glide - New
    2008 M109 - Used bought in 2017

After having all of these bikes beginning in 1992 and reading and obsessing about the oil that I would put in them, I have found the truth.

ESPECIALLY for most of the anal bike enthusiasts on this board, with VERY few exceptions, whatever oil you put in your bike is fine. Don’t take that wrong, I am super anal too. If you take care of your bike and change the oil on at least a semi regular basis, you replace it with the same oil, it really doesn’t matter what you use. There will be the super anal that disagree with me, I get it, I read all that information too.

The one that has impressed me the most in terms of “Look what our oil does that no others can” is Royal Purple. They have a friction testing video online that is pretty impressive, but you know what? Whatever that oil does that others don’t, will not matter. Other things will fail on your bike long before your engine tells you that it doesn’t like the kind of oil you put in it.

Iv run the cheap DYNO oil to the most expensive synthetic. It does not matter. Changing your oil filter is way more important than the kind of oil you use.

So if you are worried about what is best, can’t decide, losing sleep at night, checking every poll on every board, and just don’t know what to do, then put in what the manufacturer says in the manual and go ride. Its fine.

By the way, I run Mobil 1, 15-50 cause it’s the best. ;-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Lol, that this will be the last oil thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I run 20W-50 Suzuki dino oil in my bike, have for 11 years. Never been a problem.

So yes, for me this is the last oil thread. Because no one here will ever convince me to use anything else.

I use 4.5 quarts as well. So go ahead, try and tell me that's bad. Did it all last year and all this year so far. Haven't had a shudder since upping the oil amount. ;-)
    SILVER 2006 M109R. Brembo front brake calipers, Corbin Smuggler, Low & Mean chrome chin scoop, Cycle House chrome kickstand, Mean Cycles T-Rex speedo trim, Cobra Tri-Pro exhaust, LA Choppers xXx Big Air intakes, D2Moto tail light, Kuryakin clear signals, Yana Shiki One Inch Drop Risers, BreakAway Cruise Control, Suzuki Full Cut Gel Seat, JDA Chrome Fork Caps.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

I use Mobil1 10W-40 Racing 4T full synthetic motorcycle oil . It works well in my bike and on my clutch . I also change the oil every 3000 miles(old car habit) , along with the final drive gear oil . I know it is not necessary to change the gear oil so frequently , but it is very easy to do , the bottle is not expensive and it is good for 3 changes , so what the hell , I do it too .
    Last edited by josey88; 5 Days Ago at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Lol, that this will be the last oil thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    True. There will be many more.

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Awesome! Thanks for the tips!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

Quote Originally Posted by josey88 View Post
    I use Mobil1 10W-40 Racing 4T full synthetic motorcycle oil . It works well in my bike and on my clutch . I also change the oil every 3000 miles(old car habit) , along with the final drive gear oil . I know it is not necessary to change the gear oil so frequently , but it is very easy to do , the bottle is not expensive and it is good for 3 changes , so what the hell , I do it too .
    I'm going to start doing my final drive every time I change the oil. My bike is 11 years old and I changed it for the first time several months ago. There was a lot of metal dust in the oil and the magnet on the drain plug was buried in the stuff. I changed it again last week just for the heck of it, and once again there was a lot of metal in the oil and the drain plug magnet was covered. Going to change it again today to see if that trend is continuing. Hope not. I figure the metal in the oil the second time was just stuff that was clinging to the parts above the oil level when I drained it the first time. It's just powder like, no big fragments. I just don't want to see too much more of it. Bought a new bottle of oil yesterday, and figure I'll keep draining and changing until it comes out clean. Then do it every oil change.
    SILVER 2006 M109R. Brembo front brake calipers, Corbin Smuggler, Low & Mean chrome chin scoop, Cycle House chrome kickstand, Mean Cycles T-Rex speedo trim, Cobra Tri-Pro exhaust, LA Choppers xXx Big Air intakes, D2Moto tail light, Kuryakin clear signals, Yana Shiki One Inch Drop Risers, BreakAway Cruise Control, Suzuki Full Cut Gel Seat, JDA Chrome Fork Caps.

Very Active Member

Are you allowed to call this an oil thread if the OP uses the word 'anal' more than 'oil'

On the flip side, I agree, changing your oil and filter regularly is probably more important.

I also like Mobil 1 and my bike likes it too.

Very Active Member tonymontanna1983's Avatar

The original poster is obviously high af...

Last oil thread? Uh, no.

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontanna1983 View Post
    The original poster is obviously high af...

Last oil thread? Uh, no.

Yes....LAST thread...no more oil talk.

nope...

stop...

l a s t thread...

sshhhhhh....