riding gear who wears it all the time

Thread: riding gear who wears it all the time

Very Active Member

Default riding gear who wears it all the time

Hey guys just looking for fun who wears all their gear all the time , i wear mine all the time wich i guess is just a habit from my racing days , i tried riding wiyhout it but it felt to weird.

i don't judge i actually wish on some days i could just jump on in my t shirt and jeans but i can't.

so lets hear what everone else wears when riding

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

The only time I gear up is when it's cold or wet. Otherwise, I wear whatever I feel is most comfortable wearing. The hotter the weather, the less I wear. I can understand you not being comfortable without your gear, because I feel the same way about riding without a helmet. I am not exactly a novice rider, this year is my 54th year riding.

Very Active Member

I don't wear all my gear all the time. However, I always wear a hemelt, gloves, and eye protection. I generally make my decisions on wearing gear based on weather conditions, type of intended riding, and how long I plan to ride. I started riding at a young age, and I've been riding now for 40+ years.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 1 Week Ago at 07:29 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I wear the brain bucket and gloves every time I ride. Been riding for 40 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    U. S. Army Retired I was in Aviation worked on helicopters.
    2011 M109R blue and chrome massive get up and go.

Normal Riding Gear =
    Shorts, T-Shirt, Nikes & Maui Jim Sunglasses (Florida Riding Gear)
    Helmet about 60% of the time.

If its cold out then Jeans, Boots and a Jacket. (Not even sure if my leather fits anymore, its been so long since I have worn it.)
    Since I work in Alaska and live in Florida (which is where I ride), its not very often that I would consider it cold enough to suit up.

If its raining.....I am in the truck and not on the bike. (Unless I get caught out in it)

BCS

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Always full face helmet

Always Jeans

Always Boots

but if it's hot a T shirt

Gloves only when it's cold or cool

But always have it all in backpack cause weather is sketchy in The Great White North
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 1 Week Ago at 08:50 PM.

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Me! I squeeze into jeans now and then, otherwise it's full gear every time. Only takes once second to change your life. Full face armour gear, and thick strong logging boots too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Oh I cheated 2times riding the strip in Vegas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very Active Member

Always wear full face helmet, jacket with armor, motorcycle boots (Astars SMX6 vented) and gloves. Have different jackets and gloves for cold/hot weather riding. I used to not wear any gear, but now that I have for several years, I feel strange without it.

If I just made some changes and am going on a short ride or around the block to test, I don't wear the gear, but always wear jeans.
    Last edited by Kratos109; 6 Days Ago at 08:05 AM.

I always wore:
    full face helmet
    leather or mesh jacket
    leather gloves
    boots
    jeans
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

I used to ride with a sleeveless shirt during the warmer months. Since discovering mesh jackets, I wear all the gear all the time. Mesh jacket, gloves, boots and helmet. When I did ride with a sleeveless shirt, I was always worried about going down due to situations beyond my control. Been down four or five times since I started riding in 76, and fortunately I was always wearing everything when I did go down. Couldn't imagine going down in a sleeveless shirt and al the road rash that would result. Not going there, I wear everything every time I ride.
    SILVER 2006 M109R. Brembo front brake calipers, Corbin Smuggler, Low & Mean chrome chin scoop, Cycle House chrome kickstand, Mean Cycles T-Rex speedo trim, Cobra Tri-Pro exhaust, LA Choppers xXx Big Air intakes, D2Moto tail light, Kuryakin clear signals, Yana Shiki One Inch Drop Risers, BreakAway Cruise Control, Suzuki Full Cut Gel Seat, JDA Chrome Fork Caps.

In the city of Toronto on warm days I love wearing shorts , t - shirts and runners. Hwy riding on warm days I wear long pants , t- shirts and perforated ankle supported & slip resistant sole motorcycle runners. With a half helmet drop down visor. In cooler weather I add my summer padded mesh jacket , long pants and in colder weather I add my heavier padded jacket or leather jacket and long pants. Got sideswiped hit & knocked over by a car once in the city and got lucky with not a scratch on me. I agree that everyone should always wear full gear when riding a bike but damn I just love the feel of riding in my shorts and t- shirt in the city on a hot day.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Default I just love the feel of riding in my shorts and t- shirt in the city on a hot day

Quote Originally Posted by Stillfree View Post
    In the city of Toronto on warm days I love wearing shorts , t - shirts and runners. . I agree that everyone should always wear full gear when riding a bike but damn I just love the feel of riding in my shorts and t- shirt in the city on a hot day.
    Hence the name "Boulevard"...

Even thou I like the name "Intruder"

our bike is called in Europe etc. a lot more..
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

I always wear full face helmet, leather or mesh amored jackets, amored gloves, boots and occasionally leather overpants on long trips.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250/D251 150, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

ATGATT for me here too, including full face helmet, and fully kevlar lined riding jeans not just kevlar on contact points but kevlar fully on every inch of the interior.

I've had one bike accident and have been in 2 car accidents. Many near misses in my car including a unexpected tire blowout that if on a motorcycle would have put me in the emergency room for sure without gear. The car experience showed me enough of an appreciation that there are so many unpredictables that aren't under your control, all it take is one. Seen plenty of 50+ year old guys with tons of experience end up drinking through a straw and it wasn't because of head injury.

Just my 2 cent.
    Last edited by LoBlo; 4 Days Ago at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
    ATGATT for me here too, including full face helmet, and fully kevlar lined riding jeans not just kevlar on contact points but kevlar fully on every inch of the interior.

I've had one bike accident and have been in 2 car accidents. Many near misses in my car including a unexpected tire blowout that if on a motorcycle would have put me in the emergency room for sure without gear. The car experience showed me enough of an appreciation that there are so many unpredictables that aren't under your control, all it take is one. Seen plenty of 50+ year old guys with tons of experience end up drinking through a straw and it wasn't because of head injury. Our clerk just lost her mother as a passenger on the bike her father was riding (her father survived though he'll never ride again). Not going to end up a burden to my family because of convenience.

Just my 2 cent.
    I'm looking to purchase Kevlar lined jeans to add to my protective gear. I've been in one motorcycle accident (my fault) and three car accidents (not my fault). I agree that there are too many unpredictables out there.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250/D251 150, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    I'm looking to purchase Kevlar lined jeans to add to my protective gear. I've been in one motorcycle accident (my fault) and three car accidents (not my fault). I agree that there are too many unpredictables out there.
    The only ones I've found are the Rokker brand. They are really expensive, but I've found them so comfortable that I actually perfer to wear them out and about even when I'm not riding the bike as more comfortable than my regular jeans. Something about the cushion of the kevlar feels nice to me, and the cut looks just like regular jeans rather than the cut up look of partially lined jeans. That's just my 2 cents. They are a slim fit though, a little slimmer than a Levi's 501.

Here's a youtube review that's pretty much a good description
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVw6OytnQOE

helmet, gloves ling pants and steeltoe thick soled boots everytime i go out. But anything else is generally upto the weather
    Current Rigs:
    2007 Chevy Sliverado 1500 xcab z71- "Inmate the 2nd"
    2006 Suzuki M109R (dark blue)- "Caboose"

Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post
    Hence the name "Boulevard"...

Even thou I like the name "Intruder"

our bike is called in Europe etc. a lot more..

I agree, I like the European name better, have the badges to boot. I also like the M1800R better than M109R.

SILVER 2006 M109R. Brembo front brake calipers, Corbin Smuggler, Low & Mean chrome chin scoop, Cycle House chrome kickstand, Mean Cycles T-Rex speedo trim, Cobra Tri-Pro exhaust, LA Choppers xXx Big Air intakes, D2Moto tail light, Kuryakin clear signals, Yana Shiki One Inch Drop Risers, BreakAway Cruise Control, Suzuki Full Cut Gel Seat, JDA Chrome Fork Caps.

I've had one bike accident and have been in 2 car accidents. Many near misses in my car including a unexpected tire blowout that if on a motorcycle would have put me in the emergency room for sure without gear. The car experience showed me enough of an appreciation that there are so many unpredictables that aren't under your control, all it take is one. Seen plenty of 50+ year old guys with tons of experience end up drinking through a straw and it wasn't because of head injury.

Just my 2 cent.
    I agree. I normally ride with: Full Face Helmet, Rhok Kevlar lined jeans, Leather Jacket or Leather Vest, SMX-1 Riding shoes, Rev'It Monster or Bomber gloves, and in the process of getting the Scorpion Full Kevlar Flannel Armour Riding Shirt to pair with the Leather Vest. Too many drivers out this way who care more about selfies and text messages than looking out for other motorist.

Always.
    1km or 1,000km.
    Hot or cold.
    Wet or dry.

My uncle once showed me a helmet when I was a kid. It was a classic white open face 70's style of helmet, with a MASSIVE ground-in gash across the northest ridge. If that had been a skull, and you survived, you'd be forever missing a strip of hair which used to be anchored by skin, from the top of your right eyebrow to just behind your right ear. If your ear was still attached.

"This was 5mph. Wear your helmet."

Only smart thing that idiot ever taught me...but thank goodness someone did. I like my skin where it is, not as a dit-dash-dit morse code message painted down the middle of the road.

Full face helmet.
    Armoured jacket.
    Leather gloves.
    Tall leather boots.
    Heavy cotton pants.
    Hot sweaty balls.

Always.

Riding for 37 years: Always a full face helmet, gloves, riding jacket; combat boots, and long pants. Even if its just a few blocks. Two years ago, I had to ride my CBR1000RR home from the shop without my helmet (about 25 miles) - super uncomfortable with that! And sure enough, got hailed on - no fun that.

It's very, very seldom I wear shorts riding. When the occasion arises when it's a must I wear a pair of sweat pants. Like NoSetFine said I like my skin right where it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    U. S. Army Retired I was in Aviation worked on helicopters.
    2011 M109R blue and chrome massive get up and go.

The only ones I've found are the Rokker brand. They are really expensive, but I've found them so comfortable that I actually perfer to wear them out and about even when I'm not riding the bike as more comfortable than my regular jeans. Something about the cushion of the kevlar feels nice to me, and the cut looks just like regular jeans rather than the cut up look of partially lined jeans. That's just my 2 cents. They are a slim fit though, a little slimmer than a Levi's 501.

Here's a youtube review that's pretty much a good description
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVw6OytnQOE
    Thanks for the info LoBlo.