Best looking tank bag
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Best looking tank bag

  1. #1
    Very Active Member LoBlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    197

    Default Best looking tank bag

    I'm been shopping around for a nice looking tank bag. I'm thinking leather and something that fits the look of the bike. I'm hoping to find a leather magnetic. Or does anyone know if that make combined tank covers with a built in tank bag in the cover (that would be cool).

    This is the sexiest one I can find on this thread on johnnytherocks post. http://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...l=1#post982447
    Looks perfect, but I can't find one on the web for anything and looks like johnny has been absent from the forums for a while.

    Anyone know if that's any good ones out there?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member k109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    mass
    Posts
    5,598

    Default

    Checkout cortech mini tank bag.I have one works great I also have a larger one both work awesome
    06 custom, dripping in chrome....lowered front and rear ....160/280....custom paint....:BOTM AUG 2014

  4. #3
    Active Member mobilrider06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Minooka, IL
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Looking for a used one? I think I have a Cortech tank bag at home, that I can get some pics of. Never used it, and don't plan on it either.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Very Active Member LoBlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mobilrider06 View Post
    Looking for a used one? I think I have a Cortech tank bag at home, that I can get some pics of. Never used it, and don't plan on it either.
    Can you PM me some pictures?
    Last edited by LoBlo; 1 Week Ago at 10:03 AM.

  7. #5
    Very Active Member LoBlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k109 View Post
    Checkout cortech mini tank bag.I have one works great I also have a larger one both work awesome
    I've seen a couple and they don't look sleek enough for the style I'm looking for. I don't think its leather either.

  8. #6
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    7,713

    Default

    Oxford mini..my old ones 7 years old..faded,but zippers still good and no leaks..luv it !! Fits between bezel and seat..expands for bigger loads,but I rarely do that.. perfect size not over baring
    Stav

  9. #7
    Very Active Member waytootall67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Posts
    456

    Default

    That's the one I have too, 5 years later still looks like new.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Oxford mini..my old ones 7 years old..faded,but zippers still good and no leaks..luv it !! Fits between bezel and seat..expands for bigger loads,but I rarely do that.. perfect size not over baring
    House of Chrome peg extensions, Full cut gel seat, CWI back rest,
    Cobra solo rack, Tsukayu hard bags, Gman TRE

    Factory installed GO FAST STRIPES

  10. #8
    Member jtf6dla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Santa Rosa, NM
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mobilrider06 View Post
    Looking for a used one? I think I have a Cortech tank bag at home, that I can get some pics of. Never used it, and don't plan on it either.
    I would be interested as well, if you still have it....

  11. #9
    Very Active Member LoBlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Oxford mini..my old ones 7 years old..faded,but zippers still good and no leaks..luv it !! Fits between bezel and seat..expands for bigger loads,but I rarely do that.. perfect size not over baring
    Looks nice. I'll take a look.

    lb

  12. #10
    Very Active Member LoBlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Anyone ever tried out any of the daytona gear?
    http://daytonagear.com/tank-bags/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDjAVavpC08&t=75s

    and it looks like some of the other bike manufacturers have a good idea with combining a tank cover and bag. Wish someone would do this for the 9. Maybe I can get a leather craftman to sow one into a tank cover? These don't quite look big enough
    https://www.ussaddlebag.com/2015-ind...ank-cover.html
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/404479610263945494/
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/C50-Boulevar...-/181643866409
    https://www.motorcycleadventure.com....Accessories_2/
    Last edited by LoBlo; 1 Week Ago at 02:11 PM.

  13. #11
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
    Anyone ever tried out any of the daytona gear?
    http://daytonagear.com/tank-bags/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDjAVavpC08&t=75s

    and it looks like some of the other bike manufacturers have a good idea with combining a tank cover and bag. Wish someone would do this for the 9. Maybe I can get a leather craftman to sow one into a tank cover? These don't quite look big enough
    https://www.ussaddlebag.com/2015-ind...ank-cover.html
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/404479610263945494/
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/C50-Boulevar...-/181643866409
    https://www.motorcycleadventure.com....Accessories_2/
    I have seen a couple for the 9 like the link you posted. It was a couple years back.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

  14. #12
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, Ontario
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    I would suggest removable tank bags if you have to do them.
    Clear coat is soft on Suzuki's, tank bags really scratch up the tank, which is your most prominent painted piece.
    I would stay away, I am repainting my bike and will not use a tank bag again.


    My 2cents.

  15. #13
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    355

    Default

    I was looking at tank bags but when I bought my bike the white stripe under the chrome tank cowl was all dull, I'm sure from a tank bag


    So I bought a motorcycle back pack that's top quality, built by bikers and transfers the weight away from shoulders




    http://www.kriega.us/motorcycle-backpacks/

  16. #14
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    7,713

    Default need caution

    A tank bag can scuff up our thin clear for sure...you need to be careful when you remove it..two hands,even pressure and straight up...a bag with a solid bottom is a must..the ones with soft bottoms to supposedly protect paint,tend to hold dirt and grit and can scratch even more,and are much harder to keep clean..the full leather or vinyl bottoms clean up with one wipe and trap very little debris..keeping a good coat of wax on the tank helps also.. I remove mine only when I'm done for the day,give it a wipe and stick it on my beer fridge..if the bike is relatively clean,I'll leave it on..of the 87K on my 9,at least 50K have been with the tank bag on..the top of my tank is like the day I brought it home..

    Its best not to lean down on the tank bag to avoid any unnecessary contact..

    iif you have an over sized belly blister,I recomend a roll bag out back
    Stav

  17. #15
    Very Active Member LoBlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    A tank bag can scuff up our thin clear for sure...you need to be careful when you remove it..two hands,even pressure and straight up...a bag with a solid bottom is a must..the ones with soft bottoms to supposedly protect paint,tend to hold dirt and grit and can scratch even more,and are much harder to keep clean..the full leather or vinyl bottoms clean up with one wipe and trap very little debris..keeping a good coat of wax on the tank helps also.. I remove mine only when I'm done for the day,give it a wipe and stick it on my beer fridge..if the bike is relatively clean,I'll leave it on..of the 87K on my 9,at least 50K have been with the tank bag on..the top of my tank is like the day I brought it home..

    Its best not to lean down on the tank bag to avoid any unnecessary contact..

    iif you have an over sized belly blister,I recomend a roll bag out back
    Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    I would suggest removable tank bags if you have to do them.
    Clear coat is soft on Suzuki's, tank bags really scratch up the tank, which is your most prominent painted piece.
    I would stay away, I am repainting my bike and will not use a tank bag again.


    My 2cents.
    I'm wondering if the magnets are strong enough to work through some sort of barrier such as a leather tank cover or something. Maybe that will help.

  18. #16
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    7,713

    Default

    ^^^^^

    most magnets are plenty strong to work through an extra layer...I've seen many work through a tank bra or micro fibre cloth...but it's really not necesary
    Stav

  19. #17
    Very Active Member LoBlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    197

    Default

    So tank bag from ebay arrived today. I like it. It fits my emergency air compressor and my emergency toolkit (I like to ride prepared) nicely and looks nice. Its made for a Yamaha so there's a curve down the belly that's supposed to fit the Yamaha raider tank fairing (which is longer than the 9s) so it fits well, albeit there's some extra space that could have been claim if it was made specifically for the 9.

    Here's some pics. If your carrying something oversized there's a zipper that allows it to expand a bit, shown on 1st two pictures. The 3rd is the closed zipper and the 4th is the internal compartment. The top has a handle that you can carry the bag into your hotel when travelling.

    Overall I'd say its a nice buy.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170623_162519.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	352825Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170623_162524.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	352849Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170623_162600.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	352833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170623_162542.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	352841
    Last edited by LoBlo; 1 Day Ago at 07:22 PM.

  20. #18
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Fits like a glove and looks great

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •