Sideburner installed!

Thread: Sideburner installed!

Very Active Member

Default Sideburner installed!

Does this thing even have a baffle? Man is it loud! My neighbors are going to hate me even more!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

I installed the bracket to put the exhaust servo back on but I keep getting the F1 light. If I adjust the sevo a little I can get it to stop but it comes back on the next time I start it.

Will this put me in limp mode if I ride with the light on until I get a servo eliminator?

Quote Originally Posted by Xfire68 View Post
    I installed the bracket to put the exhaust servo back on but I keep getting the F1 light. If I adjust the sevo a little I can get it to stop but it comes back on the next time I start it.

Will this put me in limp mode if I ride with the light on until I get a servo eliminator?
    Why spend the money on the servo eliminator?? Just remove the one wire from the ECM harness and tape it up out of the way. So much easier and so much cheaper!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4h4...it?hl=en&pli=1

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by aqwik69dart View Post
    Why spend the money on the servo eliminator?? Just remove the one wire from the ECM harness and tape it up out of the way. So much easier and so much cheaper!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4h4...it?hl=en&pli=1
    I did not know I could! Thanks I will search and find the mod!

Very Active Member

LOL Or click on your link! Ha!

Very Active Member

No wonder the local Suzuki dealers did not carry them!!!!!! They are just doing this!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...ps8iompi8t.jpg
    Last edited by Xfire68; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:16 PM.

Very Active Member

Does this thing even have a baffle? Man is it loud! My neighbors are going to hate me even more!
    It's not really all that loud, but it's a great deal louder than the stock exhaust. The baffle is built into the exhaust. It can be removed, but it's a bit of pain. Also, your neighbors will be just fine. Just ride through your neighborhood at about 15 to 20 MPH, in 2nd gear. It's less loud that way.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    It's not really all that loud, but it's a great deal louder than the stock exhaust. The baffle is built into the exhaust. It can be removed, but it's a bit of pain. Also, your neighbors will be just fine. Just ride through your neighborhood at about 15 to 20 MPH, in 2nd gear. It's less loud that way.
    It's 5x louder than stock and I live in a retirement community!!

Anyone have a issue with one of the rear bracket bolts hitting the bolt on the swingarm that secures the rear brake line?

Can I unplug and remove the servo altogether if I pull that wire on the ECU?

Very Active Member

It's 5x louder than stock and I live in a retirement community!!

Anyone have a issue with one of the rear bracket bolts hitting the bolt on the swingarm that secures the rear brake line?

Can I unplug and remove the servo altogether if I pull that wire on the ECU?
    I understand your concern about your neighbors. I too, live in a community of retired military veterans, and their families. That's why I ride through my neighborhood very slow, and in 2nd gear. I can't remember if that was a problem for me when I first had my full length SideBurner. However, you may consider shortening the bolt, so that it ends at the back of the nut, and then put medium strength loc-tite on the bolt. As for removing the Servo...yes you can remove it completely. All you need to do then is to cut, or pull the #7 brown and yellow wire from your ECU, tape up the endear wire, and tuck it out of the way. Your FI light will not come on again.

Very Active Member

I understand your concern about your neighbors. I too, live in a community of retired military veterans, and their families. That's why I ride through my neighborhood very slow, and in 2nd gear. I can't remember if that was a problem for me when I first had my full length SideBurner. However, you may consider shortening the bolt, so that it ends at the back of the nut, and then put medium strength loc-tite on the bolt. As for removing the Servo...yes you can remove it completely. All you need to do then is to cut, or pull the #7 brown and yellow wire from your ECU, tape up the endear wire, and tuck it out of the way. Your FI light will not come on again.
    Yeah I am respectful and ride slow around my area but man one blip of the throttle and some car alarms are going to go off!
    I did the ECU wire last night. I do not recommend doing it at night with poor lighting! LOL Good thing I know how to solder!
    The bolt head seems to be a none issue or at least it looks that way? It only slightly touches the other bolt when I am off the bike.

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Sideburners are loud....SIDEBURNERS ARE LOUD! Sorry for yelling but now you could hear me . I rode with two brothers with sideburners, one debaffled and they were loud. You could not hear my VH Bigshots. I would definitely wear earplugs if I had sideburners.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250/D251 150, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=274226

I made my own baffle for less than $15.00. I love the look of the side burner, but it feels like you're sitting on a generator without a muffler if you're riding for too long.

-Josh

Very Active Member

Yeah I did a 600 miles round trip to Northwest Michigan this weekend and my ears are still ringing. Some due to the wind and some from the pipe.

The 9 ran great! 75% of the ride was at 80-90mph and it ran perfect. Did not burn a drop of oil.

I will say my rear end is not up to long rides. Tailbone was sore after 1.5hrs of riding. Michigan was great! Wish I could post pics but I have not been able to on here in weeks.