Custom VStream mount
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom VStream mount

Default Custom VStream mount

After installing mini apes and fat fork tubes I had to design a new mounting method to install windshield. This is what I came up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FOUNDER, HALO NATION ALLIANCE

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Wow, you did an AWESOME job with that Bro. It looks great. It's true...necessity IS the mother of invention!!! You made it happen, so you could use those Fat Fork Tube Covers.

You're not kidding. I had the factory windshield before this work. Took a few rides without a shield and its a killer. Since I had to figure out a mount for either the factory or VStream, I chose the V since it looks better anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Wow, you did an AWESOME job with that Bro. It looks great. It's true...necessity IS the mother of invention!!! You made it happen, so you could use those Fat Fork Tube Covers.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Looks great Halo! Where did you get all the contrast cut bits? (fork caps and spaces on the wind screen?)

BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by HALO9 View Post
    You're not kidding. I had the factory windshield before this work. Took a few rides without a shield and its a killer. Since I had to figure out a mount for either the factory or VStream, I chose the V since it looks better anyway.
    I think you made the right choice by going with the V-Stream. Have you considered painting your V-Stream on both sides to match your bike? I think that would look really AWESOME.

LOL, Already in the works, had to figure out mounting before I got it painted.
    I think you made the right choice by going with the V-Stream. Have you considered painting your V-Stream on both sides to match your bike? I think that would look really AWESOME.

​LOL. Parts from everywhere. the chrome brackets are for fork mounting signal lights (you'll have to find the size for your bars). The contrast cut spacers are actually shifter pegs for a Harley. The Fork and stem covers are actually for a Streaker that I modified to work for the 9 with rare earth magnets (I sell them for $100 a set) PM me your cell and I'll send you a video or if you're on FB send me a friend request to Halo Nationalliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrtallguy67 View Post
    Looks great Halo! Where did you get all the contrast cut bits? (fork caps and spaces on the wind screen?)

Very nice clean looking job

​Thank You.
    Quote Originally Posted by majalomalk View Post
    Very nice clean looking job

Very Active Member

LOL, Already in the works, had to figure out mounting before I got it painted.
    Cool Bro. Be sure to post some pics once it's painted. That's going to be sweet!!!

Will do bro. Are you on FB? I'm seldom on here anymore. If you are, send me a friend request to Halo Nationalliance.
    Cool Bro. Be sure to post some pics once it's painted. That's going to be sweet!!!

Very Active Member

Will do bro. Are you on FB? I'm seldom on here anymore. If you are, send me a friend request to Halo Nationalliance.
    I don't have a Facebook account Bro, but I can go onto my brother's FB account to search around, and see what's going on with some of my close and distant family members.

​Its all good my friend, we could talk on here.
    I don't have a Facebook account Bro, but I can go onto my brother's FB account to search around, and see what's going on with some of my close and distant family members.

Looks good! The best mods are the ones you create yourself. Going to look even better when you get it painted!

Thank you and yes I think it will look better once its painted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Looks good! The best mods are the ones you create yourself. Going to look even better when you get it painted!

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Nice work

looks great

Make sure and post pics once you have the windshield painted

Very Active Member

After installing mini apes and fat fork tubes I had to design a new mounting method to install windshield. This is what I came up with.

Very nice! Looks totally professional! Not like a put together piece at all. Great work! And considering what parts cost $100 is a good price for that. Is that a shorty, or a 10" V stream?

Marty

That looks really nice. I've been debating on what color vstream to order but seeing yours male me clear to order a clear one. Looks clean, natural, and fits the lines of the bike nicely

Love your mini apes. What length cables did it take to mount the handle bars? Did you have any problems with getting the electrical wiring to stretch?
    Last edited by LoBlo; 05-11-2017 at 08:48 PM.

NICE JOB....
    Chrome frame,Chrome belly pan,Chrome DLP swingarm, 10" wheel w/300 Avon,Chrome one piece fork tubes,Chrome front and rear brake calipers,Chrome Galfer wave brake rotors,Chrome Sumo-x 9 deg trees, 26" front wheel,remote air ride, Corbin heated seats, HID projection headlamp conversion, Six channel Led system.

Quote Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
    That looks really nice. I've been debating on what color vstream to order but seeing yours male me clear to order a clear one. Looks clean, natural, and fits the lines of the bile nicely?

Love your mini apes. What length cables did it take to mount the handle bars? Did you have any problems with getting the electrical wiring to stretch?
    Cables are + 5 and switches reach fine.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=326978
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

Sorry for the delayed response, I'm seldom on here. The windshield is not the shorty, it's the touring larger one. The $100 is the price for the contrast cut fork and stem covers. This set up actually cost me under $100 plus all the time in R&D.
    Thank you for the kind words. If you're on Facebook book, Friend me @ Halo Nationalliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by sssportsmfg View Post
    Very nice! Looks totally professional! Not like a put together piece at all. Great work! And considering what parts cost $100 is a good price for that. Is that a shorty, or a 10" V stream?

Marty

​Thank you for the kind words guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
    That looks really nice. I've been debating on what color vstream to order but seeing yours male me clear to order a clear one. Looks clean, natural, and fits the lines of the bile nicely?

Quote Originally Posted by IKNOWP View Post
    NICE JOB....
    Quote Originally Posted by sssportsmfg View Post

Marty

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

I really like what you have done! Fantastic, and thank you so much for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

​Thank you. I try and share things i believe people may be interested in. I've learned lots from others on this site and just want to contribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    I really like what you have done! Fantastic, and thank you so much for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally got the shield painted but not really happy w color match.
    After getting it painted I noticed it makes the bike look narrow up front. I think this fat boy needs a wider Fairing to be proportional.

Very Active Member

Finally got the shield painted but not really happy w color match.
    After getting it painted I noticed it makes the bike look narrow up front. I think this fat boy needs a wider Fairing to be proportional.

I agree that the color is a bit darker than the original paint on the bike. However, I love the look of the V-Stream on your bike. I certainly don't think it makes your 9 look narrow at all. It looks FABULOUS, and I hope you leave it on. If anything, maybe you should consider adding a Low and Mean Stealth Front Fender.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Looks good

Love the look of the Vstream painted

I agree that the color is a bit darker than the original paint on the bike. However, I love the look of the V-Stream on your bike. I certainly don't think it makes your 9 look narrow at all. It looks FABULOUS, and I hope you leave it on. If anything, maybe you should consider adding a Low and Mean Stealth Front Fender.
    Not sure if I'm keeping it. When you're riding or standing behind bike it looks narrow. I'll def get it repainted if u do. I think it needs a wider Fairing to compensate for that fat azz. As far as the fender, I'm actually considering a much smaller one. The stock covers too much of the front wheel in my opinion. Work in progress

Very Active Member

Not sure if I'm keeping it. When you're riding or standing behind bike it looks narrow. I'll def get it repainted if u do. I think it needs a wider Fairing to compensate for that fat azz. As far as the fender, I'm actually considering a much smaller one. The stock covers too much of the front wheel in my opinion. Work in progress

Although I think your bike looks sweet with the V-Stream, and a smaller front fender would not be a better look, I respect your decision to do what you like best.

Good luck with everything, and I hope you get the look you're after.

.Thank you. Wish it matched better,
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Looks good

Love the look of the Vstream painted