Anyone know where I can get these rims?

Thread: Anyone know where I can get these rims?

Default Anyone know where I can get these rims?

Anyone know where I can get rims like ICEBOX's (Sent him a PM a while back, but I don't think he's active on the forums anymore.)

These things are sweet! Gotta get a pair!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

You'll find Icebox more active on fb now a days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Sweet, Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
    Anyone know where I can get rims like ICEBOX's (Sent him a PM a while back, but I don't think he's active on the forums anymore.)

These things are sweet! Gotta get a pair!
    Not sure if you found these on Coastal's website, but just in case you did not here is a link:

https://www.coastalmoto.com/roland-sands-diesel

Hmm.... funy thing about those rims is that the CoastalMoto list them as fitting the m109r, but J&P Cycle state that they won't fit and only fit Harleys.

Do you think it makes a different if I buy a 18"x 3.5 front and a 18"x8.5 for the rear in a "harley" format and just try the fitment anyway? http://www.jpcycles.com/product/203-866

I would suggest getting your rims from coastal moto probably 90% of us that have aftermarket rims used coastal moto-they are a great company to work with. You'll save a few dollars if you get a package. Also, i see you mentioned stock size rim on the rear if you doing aftermarket rims I suggest going up to a 10' 280 rear for that really phat look since you going be already spending the money. And you really don't have to do any mods to get the 280 to fit

Very Active Member

LoBlo, you'll find that Coastal Moto is the VERY BEST company to purchase aftermarket wheels and tires for your M109R. I strongly suggest that you call them, and speak to one of their great sales personnel. They will very likely sweeten the deal for you with some sort of discount. Not only that, you can rest assured your wheels and tires will be perfectly made for your M109R bike, and not a Harley or some other bike, with the hope they might fit your 9. It would be foolish to make such an expensive purchase in that manner. Also, as my man PhatM9 (Mark) stated, do yourself a favor, and buy your desired brand wheels and tires package in the following size...Front Wheel (18 x 4.25" wheel & 160/60/18 Metzeler tire) and Rear Wheel (18 x 10" wheel & 280/35/18 Metzeler tire). That's exactly what IceBox has on his bike. As well, a vast majority of our members here have that exact setup, and we love it. The look and ride of the bike is phenomenal with that setup. You'll be extremely happy you made that decision.

Good luck with your decision Bro, and be sure to post pics once you get them installed!!!

Thanks for the advice.

For the price of those rims, yep, they're going to fit alright! But I've learned my lesson about poor manufacturing and not seeing before you buy. Have a couple of queries out there and of course.... ask the forum before buying anything!

I've never seriously considered going higher than 260. I want to be able to do my own maintenance, etc. Is there any tricky parts to getting the rim an tire into place with such a fatty? I keep here conflicting stuff about wider front tires. Some say it makes the bike more twitchy, other say it makes the ride "better". With the cost of those rims, it'll be hard for me to shell out that kindof cash without knowing whether I'm going to like the feel of the bike more or less, know what I mean? Got any tips on what the size change will do for the ride?

Sounds like I probably need to sit on these for another couple of months before deciding.

lb

I just want to second what the other members are saying about Coastal Moto. I bought my wheels from them and also my brother, both for our nines. Not only does Coastal have great customer service, they also know what they're talking about and have excellent products. Also, they are very familiar with the 109 and know exactly what you need for fitment etc. I would highly recommend dealing with them for custom 109 wheels!

Debadged, Debeavered, Tach Relo, Custom faceplates, Stealth LED Turns, Gregg's Sidemount, Coastal Moto Wheels, 280mm, 2" Bones, Freedom P. Exhaust, Derby, Axle Spikes, Irate Grill, Chin Scoop, Croc Seat, Lots of Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
    Thanks for the advice.

For the price of those rims, yep, they're going to fit alright! But I've learned my lesson about poor manufacturing and not seeing before you buy. Have a couple of queries out there and of course.... ask the forum before buying anything!

I've never seriously considered going higher than 260. I want to be able to do my own maintenance, etc. Is there any tricky parts to getting the rim an tire into place with such a fatty? I keep here conflicting stuff about wider front tires. Some say it makes the bike more twitchy, other say it makes the ride "better". With the cost of those rims, it'll be hard for me to shell out that kindof cash without knowing whether I'm going to like the feel of the bike more or less, know what I mean? Got any tips on what the size change will do for the ride?

Sounds like I probably need to sit on these for another couple of months before deciding.

lb
    You won't have any extra problems mounting a 280 if you remove some air from tire and angle it in- couple videos online to help you out. If you doing 160 up front only thing I suggest is getting fender extensions those are for peace of mind knowing you not going crack fender if rocks get caught in tire I think they around $50- The bike rides better over bumps with the bigger tires and you have to throw bike little more than stock setup in corners of you ride like that but you'll get use to it after awhile if you an aggressive rider- if you going spend the money on aftermarket don't do the stock setup go bigger because it look MUCH better and you'll be kicking yourself afterwards that you should have went big- AND with coastal moto they have layaway if you want it

[QUOTE=LoBlo;3735314]Thanks for the advice.

I didn't find any noticeable changes in the ride when I went from stock rims to bigger. The combination I chose is very common and there are many members on here who did the same. I went to a 10" with 280mm Metz rear and 4.25" with 160mm Metz on the front. Going fat on the front reduces the clearance between the tire and the inside of the front fender. Many members use the front fender extension kit to raise the fender slightly which reduces the risk of picking up a stone in the tread and jamming it up under the fender. I personally chose not to use the fender extensions and I haven't had an issue, touch wood. I'm not the best mechanic in the world but I had no problems getting the new wheel with the 280mm tire on the bike. Some say to reduce the air in the tire but I didn't need to do that. You just need to remove the rear brake rotor and rear brake caliper. No need to disconnect the caliper, just protect it with some rags as it hangs down the side. Place the bike on a hydraulic motorcycle lift and raise it off the ground and then the wheel goes in quite easily on an angle. As the wheel goes in, straighten it out and then lower the lift until the swingarm lines up with the wheel in order to slide the axle in. Before the axle goes all the way through, reinstall the rotor and line the caliper bracket up before pushing the axle all the way through. Sounds like a lot of trouble but it's really not that bad but I would advise you to have someone help you. Two pairs of hands make the job much easier. Here's a video from YouTube which gives you a visual on what I've been explaining. Hope this helps....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXdb7GpIxKI

Debadged, Debeavered, Tach Relo, Custom faceplates, Stealth LED Turns, Gregg's Sidemount, Coastal Moto Wheels, 280mm, 2" Bones, Freedom P. Exhaust, Derby, Axle Spikes, Irate Grill, Chin Scoop, Croc Seat, Lots of Chrome

Thanks for the advice like always guys. I think once I'm ready for my next set of tires I'll go ahead and upgrade the rims at that time as well.

As mentioned, I would recommend 10" rear with 280 and 4.25 front with 160. I am running that exact setup...have been for a while now....LOVE IT! No mods necessary, unless you want the fender extenders for the front for peace of mind. DEFINITELY GET THEM FROM COASTAL MOTO! Awesome guys to deal with....and you guessed it, mine came from them!

Also, the 10" rear also gives you the option to go 300 in the future if you want (with additional mods, of course). Just food for thought.

BOTM - January 2016
    2011 M109R LE....Not quite stock!
    I'm only GRUMPY when I'm not riding 1SICK9!