Our bikes aren't worth anything. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our bikes aren't worth anything.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rad-M109R View Post
    My friend user to have an M109R and now has a Vaquero. He loves it! It's a really beautiful bike!
    Rad, from an appearance perspective, I like the Vaquero best. I've never ridden one, but from the experiences and reports of others, it seems to be lacking a bit in the power department. I've read some reports that state there are awesome performance upgrades available for it that can turn into somewhat of a beast.

As for the Harley brand bikes, I give HD credit for having awesome quality paint and paint schemes on their bikes. However, I greatly disagree that the quality of HD's chrome is superior to that of our 9s. One thing I've never quite understood though, is how some members of this forum seem to take great pride in bashing the M109R on this M109R forum, in their efforts to try to convince this audience that bikes such as Harleys are superior. Harley has been hugely successful for a very long time, and personally I believe it is primarily due to their ability to promote and sell to its buyers a sense of status, image, and a so-called brother or sisterhood. As a result, it has impacted the resale value of HD bikes.

One thing I wish some members of this forum would refrain from doing is comparing the 9 (which is a metric sport muscle cruiser) to standard and full bag cruisers (such as HD, Victory, Indian, or any other american manufactured bikes). They are not comparable, due to the fact that they are different categories of bikes. The Rocket III is more powerful than the 9, but in pales in comparison in the appearance department. Furthermore, I don't believe Suzuki built the 9 to compete with standard and full bag cruisers, or primarily for long trip riding comfort. My belief comes from the fact that Suzuki built the extremely powerful C109, which provides a more traditional and standard cruiser sitting position, much like HD, Victory, Indian and so on. That eludes to my belief that Suzuki must have built the 9 primarily for performance and looks, with a respectable/acceptable level of comfort, and not so much for long distance riding comfort. I see the 9 as being the best combination of a sleek sportbike and a massive and attractive cruiser ever created.

For those who can afford to do so, perhaps the best solution is to keep your 9s and purchase a standard or full bag cruiser for long distance, two-up, or more comfortable riding. This will give you the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 10-27-2016 at 02:33 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Rad, from an appearance perspective, I like the Vaquero best. I've never ridden one, but from the experiences and reports of others, it seems to be lacking a bit in the power department. I've read some reports that state there are awesome performance upgrades avaialbe for it that can turn into somewhat of a beast.

As for the Harley brand bikes, I give HD credit for having awesome quality paint and paint schemes on their bikes. However, I greatly disagree that the quality of HD's chrome is superior to that of our 9s. One thing I've never quite understood though, is how some members of this forum seem to take great pride in bashing the M109R on this M109R forum, in their efforts to try to convince this audience that bikes such as Harleys are superior. Harley has been hugely successful for a very long time, and personally I believe it is primarily due to their ability to promote and sell to its buyers a sense of status, image, and a so-called brother or sisterhood. As a result, it has impacted the resale value of HD bikes.

One thing I wish some members of this forum would refrain from doing is comparing the 9 (which is a metric sport muscle cruiser) to standard and full bag cruisers (such as HD, Victory, Indian, or any other american manufactured bikes). They are not comparable, due to the fact that they are different categories of bikes. The Rocket III is more powerful than the 9, but in pales in comparison in the appearance department. Furthermore, I don't believe Suzuki built the 9 to compete with standard and full bag cruisers, or primarily for long trip riding comfort. My belief comes from the fact that Suzuki built the extremely powerful C109, which provides a more traditional and standard cruiser sitting position, much like HD, Victory, Indian and so on. That eludes to my belief that Suzuki must have built the 9 primarily for performance and looks, with a respectable/acceptable level of comfort, and not so much for long distance riding comfort. I see the 9 as being the best combination of a sleek sportbike and a massive and attractive cruiser ever created.

For those who can afford to do so, perhaps the best solution is to keep your 9s and purchase a standard or full bag cruiser for long distance, two-up, or more comfortable riding. This will give you the best of both worlds.
    I think you nailed it! I totally agree. The only thing is we have 2 9ers and use them exclusively for long distance on the stock set up, we rarely ever go out for just a 3 hr tour, it's almost always, 4-8 hr when you include the return trip. It just doesn't feel worth while going for short rides as we have gotten boared with the routes more then anything. I'm my opinion the 9 is our all around perfect and ultimate bike! I can be a bragger with accessories, I can be muscle babe if I can just loose a few pounds, I can be a sport bike when I take the twisty route, ya I am totally happy with the 9 as the 3'in one style bike. Off road is the only draw back! Lol
    I would challenge anyone who wants to ride with me on a 12 hr tour. We did one this summer from Mcminville OR to Penticton BC in one day! And when I got home I felt like I could still go to Vernon BC! Just loved it! Body comfort on a bike has everything to do with human body structure and a person likes and dislikes. At first I didn't like the wind push, now I like it so going without a shield is enjoyable for 4 hr toure in nice weather and wearing leathers and full face helmet, slow riding half helmet. So depending where and what I'm doing will depend on how I like the bike set up. This is why I am desperate to find a fast release wind screen, I use soft bags and a rack for trips and travel light.

Yes Judah, the 9 is 100% muscle cruiser, and that's exactly what we do with our 9s regaurdless of the length of time cruised! We are proud owners!

Thank you

See you all in Vegas please check out the post in MC events please pipe in so we all can meet!
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

Very Active Member SouthernFattie's Avatar

I greatly disagree that the quality of HD's chrome is superior to that of our 9s.

Dont forget the aluminum. The '02 XL1200C my parents owned was pitting and looking REALLY 'weathered' in '10.
    The bike NEVER saw rain. Spent its life in the garage. The chrome on the pipes was flaking at the slip-ons and crossover.
    The aluminum on the casing, lower fork legs, and fender rails were pitting pretty badly. Took a hard cut to bring it back.
    I didnt want to do it, but after I had it returned to where it didnt look as bad, I had it all primed, painted, and triple cleared.

The handlebars, gas cap, trim around instruments, pegs, levers, headlight bucket, cylinders, air cleaner, horn cover and a
    couple other chrome pieces looked like they were fresh out of the package. Even the factory rubber grips looked brand new.

The wheels were dull, but not pitted. Those came back with the average polish.

I dont think they are the same now though, at least I havent seen any new HDs that turned out like theirs did.
    Custom Z-Bars. Chromed Holey Grips. Scythe Knock Off Mirrors. Bullet Turn Signals. GMan ATRE. Cobra PowrPro (thanks Laurex). McNEMO Custom Rat Rod Exhaust. Custom Polished & Painted Stock Wheels. Smoked & Integrated Sequential LED Tail Light. Stealth LED signals under rear fender. De-beavered with plate mount. Edelbrock ProFlow Intakes. Plasti-dipped Speedo Housing, Chrome Rear Fender Rails, Tach Box and Chrome on Headlight Cowl.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    I think you nailed it! I totally agree. The only thing is we have 2 9ers and use them exclusively for long distance on the stock set up, we rarely ever go out for just a 3 hr tour, it's almost always, 4-8 hr when you include the return trip. It just doesn't feel worth while going for short rides as we have gotten boared with the routes more then anything. I'm my opinion the 9 is our all around perfect and ultimate bike! I can be a bragger with accessories, I can be muscle babe if I can just loose a few pounds, I can be a sport bike when I take the twisty route, ya I am totally happy with the 9 as the 3'in one style bike. Off road is the only draw back! Lol
    I would challenge anyone who wants to ride with me on a 12 hr tour. We did one this summer from Mcminville OR to Penticton BC in one day! And when I got home I felt like I could still go to Vernon BC! Just loved it! Body comfort on a bike has everything to do with human body structure and a person likes and dislikes. At first I didn't like the wind push, now I like it so going without a shield is enjoyable for 4 hr toure in nice weather and wearing leathers and full face helmet, slow riding half helmet. So depending where and what I'm doing will depend on how I like the bike set up. This is why I am desperate to find a fast release wind screen, I use soft bags and a rack for trips and travel light.

Yes Judah, the 9 is 100% muscle cruiser, and that's exactly what we do with our 9s regaurdless of the length of time cruised! We are proud owners!

Thank you

See you all in Vegas please check out the post in MC events please pipe in so we all can meet!
    Hello BC. I am so glad you chimed in on this, and provided information and perspective based on someone who has and continues to take long rides on your 9. I've done 4-4.5 hour round trips on my 9s, and much like you, I got off the bike afterward feeling fresh enough to ride another 2-3 hours. I honestly think some of the 9 owners don't have their 9s set up properly for their specific size and height. Subsequently, they suffer with discomfort while riding even short distances and times.

Personally, I'm extremely impressed with your level of commitment to riding, and just being bold and adventerous. The fact that you're a woman who loves and handles your 9 in all types of riding conditions is a testament to the versatility and actual comfort of the 9, when riding for long periods of time. Additionally, I realize that some have physical conditions that can be aggrivated by the seating position of the 9. Nevertheless, I totally agree with you that the 9 is an all-in-one type of bike with more than enough power and torque to keep the rider honest in terms of respecting and appreciating the performance and potential of the bike.

My dream situation is to have 5 each M109Rs (because I love the 9 just that much) customized very differently in five unique schemes, so I can choose which one I want to ride on any specific day of the week.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 10-27-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Hello BC. I am so glad you chimed in on this, and provided information and perspective based on someone who has and continues to take long rides on your 9. I've done 4-4.5 hour round trips on my 9s, and much like you, I got off the bike afterward feeling fresh enough to ride another 2-3 hours. I honestly think some of the 9 owners don't have their 9s set up properly for their specific size and height. Subsequently, they suffer with discomfort while riding even short distances and times.

Personally, I'm extremely impressed with your level of commitment to riding, and just being bold and adventerous. The fact that you're a woman who loves and handles your 9 in all types of riding conditions is a testament to the versatility and actual comfort of the 9, when riding for long periods of time. Additionally, I realize that some have physical conditions that can be aggrivated by the seating position of the 9. Nevertheless, I totally agree with you that the 9 is an all-in-one type of bike with more than enough power and torque to keep the rider honest in terms of respecting and appreciating the performance and potential of the bike.

My dream situation is to have 5 each M109Rs (because I love the 9 just that much) customized very differently in five unique schemes, so I can choose which one I want to ride on any specific day of the week.
    Your too kind thanks bro, still haven't heard if you and a friend/wife or just you could make it to Vegas next year, and if so when? Don't have to ride the 9, could rent something crazy! Lol I hear Starvos can do keg stands! Lol
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

Very Active Member

Your too kind thanks bro, still haven't heard if you and a friend/wife or just you could make it to Vegas next year, and if so when? Don't have to ride the 9, could rent something crazy! Lol I hear Starvos can do keg stands! Lol
    BC, you have no idea how much I would love to come out there and participate and fellowship with my fellow brothers and sisters on a west coast M109R bike event. My first and only visit to Vegas was back in 2004. I was there for a week, and it was an amazing and enlightening experience to see and learn first hand about the culture that is Vegas. I'm currently in my last class to complete my BA degree in Business Administration, and in March 2017 I'll begin a 14 month journey to complete my MBA in Business Administration. Immediately following that I'll take 5 more classes to complete another BA degree, which will be in Human Resource Management. So, I'll be in school for the next 20 months or so. It's a bitter-sweet situation, and definitely more sweet than bitter. God has truly been good to me. This pursuit of higher education is something I must stay focused on, because there are enormous blessings God has stored up for me that are tied to all of the education. I believe there will be the perfect time for me to attend a Meet, and I look forward to that time, as there are a plethora of wonderful people/members of this forum I would be honored to meet face to face.

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Rad, from an appearance perspective, I like the Vaquero best. I've never ridden one, but from the experiences and reports of others, it seems to be lacking a bit in the power department. I've read some reports that state there are awesome performance upgrades available for it that can turn into somewhat of a beast.

I agree with you Brother that the 9 is a 100% muscle cruiser and should not compare to baggers. I did not buy Vitamin-C worrying about resale value but bought it because I wanted a bike. The level of comfort varies from each rider preferences. I ride home to Florida from North Carolina, a 7 hour 480 mile trip with no issues and my longest trip was 580 miles. I have a gel seat and backrest for comfort. When I take long trips, I put on my luggage rack and Saddleman TS 3200 tailbag. MAM 2017 let the Good Time Roll!!

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250/D251 150, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    I agree with you Brother that the 9 is a 100% muscle cruiser and should not compare to baggers. I did not buy Vitamin-C worrying about resale value but bought it because I wanted a bike. The level of comfort varies from each rider preferences. I ride home to Florida from North Carolina, a 7 hour 480 mile trip with no issues and my longest trip was 580 miles. I have a gel seat and backrest for comfort. When I take long trips, I put on my luggage rack and Saddleman TS 3200 tailbag. MAM 2017 let the Good Time Roll!!
    I feel you loud and clear Big Mike. I'm very comfortable on my 9s as well, and if I had any desire, I'm certain I could comfortably go on an 8+ hour trip without any issues. Although the 9 has a few minor problems that Suzuki needs to resolve, I still believe Suzuki bikes are superior in quality, performance, dependability, eye candy to that of HDs. Suzuki has never been interested in selling their customers a lifestyle like HD has done, which is very likely the primary contributing factor to why the resale value of their bikes is higher than that of Suzuki. Rather, Suzuki has just been focused on producing high quality and dependable bikes for a very long time. Nevertheless, KUDOS to HD for what they have accomplished. They have a pretty strong hold on the cruiser bike market. I'm just thankful we all have the options of many manufacturers and styles of bikes to choose from. At the end of the day, I hope everyone is happy with the rides they have. It's certainly better than not having a bike at all.

By the way, not long ago, I had a guy stop me at the gym, and talk to me for over 2 hours while standing next to my 9 in the parking lot. He was amazed by the customizations, and very serious and prepared to give me at least $12,000.00 for my customized '07 M109R. That's not bad for a resale price, especially since the bike was only about 10k brand new in '07. Of course, I turned the guy down, because I had no need or reason to sell it. I hope to have a 9 or two in my stable for the rest of my life.

I feel you loud and clear Big Mike. I'm very comfortable on my 9s as well, and if I had any desire, I'm certain I could comfortably go on an 8+ hour trip without any issues. Although the 9 has a few minor problems that Suzuki needs to resolve, I still believe Suzuki bikes are superior in quality, performance, dependability, eye candy to that of HDs. Suzuki has never been interested in selling their customers a lifestyle like HD has done, which is very likely the primary contributing factor to why the resale value of their bikes is higher than that of Suzuki. Rather, Suzuki has just been focused on producing high quality and dependable bikes for a very long time. Nevertheless, KUDOS to HD for what they have accomplished. They have a pretty strong hold on the cruiser bike market. I'm just thankful we all have the options of many manufacturers and styles of bikes to choose from. At the end of the day, I hope everyone is happy with the rides they have. It's certainly better than not having a bike at all.

By the way, not long ago, I had a guy stop me at the gym, and talk to me for over 2 hours while standing next to my 9 in the parking lot. He was amazed by the customizations, and very serious and prepared to give me at least $12,000.00 for my customized '07 M109R. That's not bad for a resale price, especially since the bike was only about 10k brand new in '07. Of course, I turned the guy down, because I had no need or reason to sell it. I hope to have a 9 or two in my stable for the rest of my life.
    I've had a few of those offers since I complete my mods too. The only one I have proof of is on my youtube page. Read the comments under the video in the link below. Be sure to expand the comments so you see them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2czfz8pT0

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    I've had a few of those offers since I complete my mods too. The only one I have proof of is on my youtube page. Read the comments under the video in the link below. Be sure to expand the comments so you see them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2czfz8pT0
    I saw the comments Bro, and much like my situation, you had no desire to sell. At that point someone is going to have to come up with a great deal of cash to convince a person to part with a bike they've invested a lot of time and money on getting it to the level they want it.

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

I like your statement here Bobby " At the end of the day, I hope everyone is happy with the rides they have. It's certainly better than not having a bike at all. " It only matters on what and how I feel about my choice to ride. You could buy any new vehicle and try to sell it back to the dealer and not get what you paid for it. Shiny side up and rubber side down my Brothers and Sisters!

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250/D251 150, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

This thread is so funny to me how it's turned out. I started this thread commenting on the a fact and that is our bikes aren't worth much at all. Personally I simply didn't want to keep 2 bikes with one sitting but, hopefully my wife will enjoy riding her own bike and all this won't matter. I find it hilarious how we bash Harley yet if someone post a 9 on EBay for 18-25K the same guys who bash Harley are the fist to jump on and talk about how crazy the seller is and how you can get a new 9 and BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! We bash each other for our asking price and then wonder why resale is crap for these bike. YES the 9 has a STRONGER motor and produces more power than most HD bikes out there however do we really outperform them? All bikes have their fair share of issues at least Harley stands by their customers. in 10 years all Suzuki has done is update parts and ignore known problems and will fight you if you try and get your 2nd gear replaced when it goes out even though it's a known problem. Anyway I love my 9 and the work I put into it but, if it doesn't work out with my wife I'll give it away to a close friend who can't afford a bike of his own.

For the record I would never own a Harley not a fan of the look and it's cramped riding position so on to a Vic XC which seems to be the progression of most 9 riders who move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman7 View Post
    This thread is so funny to me how it's turned out. I started this thread commenting on the a fact and that is our bikes aren't worth much at all. Personally I simply didn't want to keep 2 bikes with one sitting but, hopefully my wife will enjoy riding her own bike and all this won't matter. I find it hilarious how we bash Harley yet if someone post a 9 on EBay for 18-25K the same guys who bash Harley are the fist to jump on and talk about how crazy the seller is and how you can get a new 9 and BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! We bash each other for our asking price and then wonder why resale is crap for these bike. YES the 9 has a STRONGER motor and produces more power than most HD bikes out there however do we really outperform them? All bikes have their fair share of issues at least Harley stands by their customers. in 10 years all Suzuki has done is update parts and ignore known problems and will fight you if you try and get your 2nd gear replaced when it goes out even though it's a known problem. Anyway I love my 9 and the work I put into it but, if it doesn't work out with my wife I'll give it away to a close friend who can't afford a bike of his own.

For the record I would never own a Harley not a fan of the look and it's cramped riding position so on to a Vic XC which seems to be the progression of most 9 riders who move on.
    Great thread!

Will your our wife be riding the other 9? Does she operate a motorcycle of some type already? Will she be learning on a smaller lighter bike then move up?

I hope she joins the forum! Sure would be nice to have your lucky charm with us Here!
    A matter of fact it would be great if everyone's lucky charm was on the forum, why not? Do they not ride the 9 with you? Even if they don't it still would be cool, I sure could use some help with the Vegas meet, and I'm really not the greatest party planner, only a goer! Lol

Great thread!

Will your our wife be riding the other 9? Does she operate a motorcycle of some type already? Will she be learning on a smaller lighter bike then move up?

I hope she joins the forum! Sure would be nice to have your lucky charm with us Here!
    A matter of fact it would be great if everyone's lucky charm was on the forum, why not? Do they not ride the 9 with you? Even if they don't it still would be cool, I sure could use some help with the Vegas meet, and I'm really not the greatest party planner, only a goer! Lol
    If all goes as planned she will be riding the Vic which will be her first bike. The 9 was my 1st bike EVER I hated the idea of starting low and growing into it so I jumped straight to the 9 and haven't looked back. This past year at the MAM a few guys were a little surprised by how I handled the curves we faced considering I live in the curve-less and flat state of Illinois. It took me about a week to get use to the beast and a month to get use to riding in heavy traffic also like her I did take the MSF course which was a huge help.

Very Active Member

If all goes as planned she will be riding the Vic which will be her first bike. The 9 was my 1st bike EVER I hated the idea of starting low and growing into it so I jumped straight to the 9 and haven't looked back. This past year at the MAM a few guys were a little surprised by how I handled the curves we faced considering I live in the curve-less and flat state of Illinois. It took me about a week to get use to the beast and a month to get use to riding in heavy traffic also like her I did take the MSF course which was a huge help.
    Hello David. That's awesome that you are doing that for your wife. Has she had a chance to actually sit on a Vic XC to see if it's a good and safe fit for her? I'm not sure what the height of the Vic XC is, so I thought mostly about the size and height of the bike, and whether or not it may be too big and heavy, and/or sit too high for her...for instance, when the bike is stopped at an intersection or something, will she be able to firmly plant both feet on the ground to stabilize the bike?

Please post some pics as soon as you get it.

Great job Bro!!!

Bobby

Hello David. That's awesome that you are doing that for your wife. Has she had a chance to actually sit on a Vic XC to see if it's a good and safe fit for her? I'm not sure what the height of the Vic XC is, so I thought mostly about the size and height of the bike, and whether or not it may be too big and heavy, and/or sit too high for her...for instance, when the bike is stopped at an intersection or something, will she be able to firmly plant both feet on the ground to stabilize the bike?

Please post some pics as soon as you get it.

Great job Bro!!!

Bobby
    Bobby I have been meaning to call you. I like to keep in touch with members I've met/talked to on here who are just good people so I apologize for that.

We have looked at a few however, the Magnum seems to be the best fit and I can see an air ride in her future IF all goes as planned. However unlike our Creator I don't have the ability to bring all my plans to fruition so I'm left to hope and pray it works out. We shall see if she does I'll definitely post pictures.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Very Active Member

Bobby I have been meaning to call you. I like to keep in touch with members I've met/talked to on here who are just good people so I apologize for that.

We have looked at a few however, the Magnum seems to be the best fit and I can see an air ride in her future IF all goes as planned. However unlike our Creator I don't have the ability to bring all my plans to fruition so I'm left to hope and pray it works out. We shall see if she does I'll definitely post pictures.

No need to apologize my brother. I know you're a great guy with great character and personality. Life keeps us all pretty busy most of the time, and we simply don't get around to doing everything we would like or plan to do.

As for the Vic, I come into agreement with you that God is going to work it all out in your favor. Start saying that you have what you want, and believe you have already received it (that is the example of faith), instead of hoping that it might happen. God doesn't move based on hope. Our faith in Him is the only thing that causes God to move on our behalf. Find exactly what you want, and immediately begin thanking God for it. I'll be waiting to hear, or read the good report, my man. 😁🙌😁👏😁

i was about to recommend the Magnum before I read your last post. One other thought would be getting the XC and add lowering links or an air ride. The money you save between the cost of the XC and the cost of a Magnum would more than cover the air ride. I would recommend avoiding the XCT as it feels top heavy and unbalanced at slow speed when compared to the lower center of gravity the Magnum has. You wouldn't think it would make as much difference as it does! Only issue with lowering it is the pipes will drag if you get aggressive in the curves. All of the cross bikes come stock with an air shock that allows you to lower it some that way. They do not have a compressor tho. You have to bicycle pump it to the correct pressure.

Thumbs up I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by stap6017 View Post
    When I look at HD compared to other bikes and the M109R, the other bikes are better quality mechanically. HD does a great job with finish and paint etc. What HD does is they sell a lifestyle that is highly branded. Compare the dealerships. The HD dealership here in the Spokane area has a rider's lounge. You can get local area ride maps and they host rides and offer live entertainment (bands). They create an environment where you socialize with other HD riders. I ride with guys who ride all kinds of bikes and my HD buds will admit after riding my 9 that it is the better bike. HD is entrenched in the USA culture. Cops, ride em, they have been to war, they are on T.V. (SOA) and in the movies. After watching the miniseries Harley and the Davidson's I learned a lot about their history and I was impressed. I think Victory and Indian as American bikes are making inroads but will never surpass HD. Suzuki just sells motorcycles not a lifestyle. They don't invest in making loyal customers to the brand like HD. Most of the M109R clothing and stuff comes from individuals not Suzuki. They need to create brand loyalty. There really is none when compared to HD. We are proof of that we are all diehard M109R riders we are not loyal to Suzuki. When the 9 is long gone most of us will move to another brand where HD owners will remain.

Stap6017
    I thoroughly agree with this Post. Unless Suzuki changes up their strategy for the M109R, (which doesn't seem likely), when the 9 is long gone most of us will move to another brand where HD owners will remain.

I'm guilty of getting bored of things in a matter of days, not weeks, months, or years. I buy cars, trucks, bikes etc and I get rid of them as quickly as possible because the fun wears off real fast.

My 16' 9R is just the same, I rode it a few times and thought to myself "Ok, but now I want a _______" Fill in the blank with what ever you can think of that has a motor.

This bike I didn't buy to get rid of however, I bought it so that when I get the urge to get rid of it.. I will still like it enough to keep it. So far it's working.... So far.

Very Active Member

The "Death Wobble" has happened to me on a few bikes. On a 1983 CB1100F at about 130mph, a 1990 ZX6 at about 150mph (That one I needed new undies) and a 2006 HD Ultra Classic at around 95mph.

I have yet to get even the slightest wobble on the 9 but I have only hit 130mph to date on it.

had my 06 since early 07 been 10 years and 55k miles on it, been wrecked twice (including now) and I will put her back together, if I like a bike enough to spend 10+k on it I will ride it till it is dead then restore it and do it all over again.

not riding a bike for resale value is like not screwing your girlfriend so she stays tight for the next guy

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

not riding a bike for resale value is like not screwing your girlfriend so she stays tight for the next guy

Very Active Member tonymontanna1983's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post

Oh my. Truth right there^^^^^^^^^

LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND

Love your style..... the God Botherers here wont like that but thats the nail on the head said like old times...

OMG 🤣🤣!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    http://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882

This bike is only worth what the buyer is willing to pay for it. To my bank, it is worth 80% of low end retail. Because of that I just bought a beautiful loaded 2012 with 12,000 miles for 4K. Im willing to pay that. What a great deal for me. Not an investment bike tho.

Default our bikes aren't worth anything

Bought my 2011 from the car dealership I work at they were asking 8 grand I got it for 7 grand. Think I did pretty well. Having "Sally" now for a couple of months and wouldn't get rid of her for all the tea in England. Love my 9.Bob
    U. S. Army Retired I was in Aviation worked on helicopters.
    2011 M109R blue and chrome massive get up and go.

I bought mine December 18, was -25 cold as hell

2012 with 11,000 kms (6,800 miles)

Paid $4500 Canadian which is $3400 American

So don't care that it's not worth anything as I stole it and putting over $3000 into it didn't hurt a bit and I'll ride it till I can't ride anymore cause I love it

Won't be selling anyway

Was out for the day riding with a guy I work with on his Harley which he has almost $30,000 into and the kids were giving me the thumbs up

and when it came down to it, he couldn't keep up when we hammered them