M109 Rider Forums banner

Hesitation and suspension clunk.

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Dragonback 
#1 ·
I've started noticing a hesitation at lower speed in the 1st and 2nd gear. Feels like its going to stall. It gets really bad when coming out of the corners. I've got a TRE, Power commander, stock pipe and intakes (with the goldwing mod). I've tried changing the fuel (though it was bad gas), putting in injector cleaner and its still there in fact it feels like its getting worse. Could of the TRE gone bad?
Also I have this nasty clunk in the rear when I'm going over bumps. I've turned the preload up one notch and its still there. what could be causing his clunk
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
The "tree"?! lol Just messin' with ya Canuk. :bigthumbsup: The OP's best bet is to isolate that which is OEM and aftermarket (ie. TRE, Power Commander, etc.) but be sure to do so one at a time. I'm betting it's the fuel filter as well if you haven't changed it in the last 10,000 miles but if not I for one have experienced a Power Commander going bad so just don't rule out anything. Good luck bud.

#6 ·
OK so I disconnected the PC took it for a drive and it was still there. Hooked up the PC again and disconnected the TRE, took it for a drive and it was gone. So ya its a bad TRE which is a shame because it not that old.
Now I just have to figure out this clunk in the rear.

#7 ·
joem, the "clunk" you're experiencing could be something loose, moving around in its "seat" when you hit a hard bump. I would suggest first trying your best to find out exactly where it's coming from (ie. whether it be at the swing arm or the wheel/hub). If you can tell that it is coming from the wheel/hub, you may need to take your wheel and tire off and inspect the final drive system.

#10 ·
Junk in the rear... maybe try walking a few miles a day.... :-\ of sorry.. i see you said clunk... well...

check underneath and all bolts.. make sure something didn't get loose and is banging when you hit bump..
Have you remove fender recently. or plate underneath... dog bones etc..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.