M109 Rider Forums banner

Bike cutting out while riding

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  SiPPMSH 
#1 ·
Hi guys,maybe someone here has had this happen ? Lately when i start up the 9 every now and then it will star and then shut off,last night i was riding home and the bike shut down...lights were on but it was if the petrol was taken away,there was no pop or backfire,just simply stopped running,I coasted to the side of the rode and started up just fine and no problems after this. There was no fi light at all,the bike just stopped running and I was doin 60kms an hour when it stopped running.Can anyone give me an idea why this would be happening?

Sent from the bowels of awesomness

#4 ·
Mine did this when the fuel filter was going bad. Also did it when the fuel cap vent was plugged somehow. It would start to cut out, or die altogether. I'd take the fuel cap off, re-install it, the bike would run normally again for about 8 miles, then repeat. Took the cap apart, found out a little sliver of metal in there that is supposed to lie horizontally, was somehow vertical. Fixed that and all is right with the world.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.