M109 Rider Forums banner

Video switch-on fail

3K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Fraps 
#1 ·
Hi guys! Long time without posting here. After 2 years of enjoying my beautiful bike I have encountered a little problem. Since 1 image (a video in this case) is worth 1000 words, I rather show you the weird noise my bike is doing when I switch it on. Actually, It doesn't turn on at all anymore...:dontknow:

Do you have any idea of what this could be? I'll have some free time this weekend to start fiddling around with it, but since I have no :cus:idea of what I'm doing, I rather ask the wise people in this big family.

Thank you so much for your help (again). Virtual beers for everybody:beer2:

#2 ·
Sounds to me like the starter solenoid...

#12 ·
my money is on the battery - the gauges resetting is the deciding clue in my mind, showing there is a lack of power once the starter actually engages.

#13 ·
Also agree get the battery checked out first!

#17 ·
Thanks everybody!!
I replaced the battery 1 month ago, so I don't think this was the problem. Anyway I checked it and it seems to be fine. I checked also the starter solenoid following the service manual and this seems to be the problem. Apparently there is no continuity. ??? I just ordered another one online ($10) and I'll replace it next week. I'll keep you informed.

Thanks again for such a great help!!:hot::a18::hot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.