M109 Rider Forums banner
8K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  SiPPMSH 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 2014 M109 BOSS and now I'm looking for an exhaust system to improve the sound. I'm not looking for something that you can hear 5 miles away bout I would like more bass and more aggressive sound compared to the stock pipes. Any suggestions? I live in the Nashville, TN area so if you know of a good shop, please share.

#2 ·
#4 ·
I have a set of Cobra drag straights. I removed the baffles they came with and put in a set of cobra 'quiet cores'. The sound is not quite what I would like, but the new baffles are not as offensive as the stock ones. As for other brands, check out You Tube.

#7 ·
I Drilled 4 holes in the end plates on each pipe and it sounds a lot better , I think I'm gonna drill 4 more in each , trying to get the same type sound that you are describing on my B.O.S.S.
Seriously look at debaffling as well. Really adds a more deep tone. I debaffled and have 4 holes drilled in each. Sounds perfect.

#15 ·
As already said the stock pipes can be decently lout and sound pretty good if you drill the baffles and drill 1/2" holes around the outside of the baffle in the back. I have done this and I have gotten quite a few comments about how my bike sounds good. It is not deafening loud but loud enough.

#16 ·
Cobra Tri Pro 2-into-one. Mine's chrome. They're available in black as well. If all you do is the pipes, you do not have to do a tuner. If you decide to change the air intake as well, you will need to do so.

#19 ·
Doesn't the Velocity Pro also come in black? I like that pipe. I've got the cobra dragsters with aftermarket baffles, but they are probably louder than you would want. What? Did you say something?

#20 ·
Ive decided to have one made for my b.o.s.s.

I was going to opt for the hard krome velocity in black. I think it looks good in black and gives the sound I was after.

#23 ·
I got mine made by Hindle, they did some nice designs and I chose this one. He made up build jigs for the system and has a variety of silencer styles available. I think an inquiry at your dealer will get the ball rolling, they have lots of products out there.
Have not been back for dyno testing since I did the air intake kit and dynojet PC-V management but I can say she pulls really hard all through the rev range! Intend to post up the stats once we can co-ordinate my dyno runs...they are very busy this time of year with their racing programs.

Attachments

#24 ·
A note on the freedoms. Maybe it was just my 9 and the different climate in ND but I had a lot of popping after installing mine. That was with the xtre installed. I installed the power pro even though having stock intakes and it helped dramatically. So with that they look great, might be louder than what you want, and drag in the corners with the tricky system installed.

#25 ·
Quick question for you nichols174, did you removed the PAIR Valve system or at least block it off? This could potentially stop all of your decel popping if you still have some. :bigthumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.