M109 Rider Forums banner

Oil leakage from the left air intake

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  manuuman 
#1 ·
My dream came true and after few years of waiting, I recently purchased a 2006 M109R
I'm having a few problems and was wondering if anyone has the same problem or know the solution

1. I'm having a little leakage from both of my air intakes (the left one is much more)

2. My step bar are too far away and I think I'm too short for my bike (I'm 5'8") I have moved them towards myself as long as it was possible, but I'm stretching my feet way too much to reach.

3. From the 1st to the 2nd gear its a big kick. since I had never ride a different one, I'm not sure if this is normal with this model or is it something that I have to get it checked by a mechanic.

#2 ·
My dream came true and after few years of waiting, I recently purchased a 2006 M109R
I'm having a few problems and was wondering if anyone has the same problem or know the solution

1. I'm having a little leakage from both of my air intakes (the left one is much more)

2. My step bar are too far away and I think I'm too short for my bike (I'm 5'8") I have moved them towards myself as long as it was possible, but I'm stretching my feet way too much to reach.

3. From the 1st to the 2nd gear its a big kick. since I had never ride a different one, I'm not sure if this is normal with this model or is it something that I have to get it checked by a mechanic.
1. Search for oil puke. A lot of the bikes do it but some do not. Also search oil catch can.
2. I am 5'9 and had troubles until I added 2inch risers and +3 longer cables.

#3 ·
1. Oil puking means it is over filled. Check this thread for the 15/3 method of checking your oil level and a fix for the problem.
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127235
2. I'm 5'6" with a 28" inseam. I purchased a standard cut, not full cut, Suzuki gel seat. Moved me forward about two inches and made all the difference in the world.
http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/gel-seat-plain-or-carbon-fiber-m109r.html
3. Get used to it. These bikes have clunky transmissions. High quality synthetic oil (Mobile 1 for V-twin, Royal Purple, etc.) will help.

#4 ·
Yeap, Oil pucking from intake is something some of these bike do very well. Glad I have never had that problem myself. Most of not all of the time is because someone added a little bit too much oil during service. Take some out and clean your intakes and you should be good to go.

In reference to foot controls, are they stock? The reason I ask is because I am shorter that you at 5' 7" and I can reach just fine. Either you got shorter legs or your bike got aftermarket foot controls.

#6 ·
No, the foot controls are not stock.
I know the stock ones are a little closer, but my after market ones are too good looking to be replace:joke:
I'm looking to see if there is a way to ad and extra foot rest closer to the exhaust and I think I do have short legs.
Thanks for the oil leak tip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.