M109 Rider Forums banner

PC-5 map

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Scorp 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I am having issues with the tune on my 2012 -M109. The only mods I have are k&n air filters and a Cobra 2-1 pipe. I have tried nearly every map on the power commander website but nothing gets out the stumble issue I have.

Stumble occurs off idle and anywhere in the cruise range when going from partial to WOT. Its to the point that it gets dangerous. I think it may have something to do with the accelerator pump but not sure how to change/adjust the parameters.

Does anyone have a custom map I can use? There aren't any reputable shops nearby. Thanks for any help you can provide?

-Grizz

#3 ·
Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is get it tuned and mapped accordingly. If you cannot map it, you may want to purchase the auto tuner for the power commander and install that. You may want to also check your fuel filter/ spark plugs. A lot of members have issues with this problem which causes stumble as you described.

#5 · (Edited)
Couple of things here...(1) The DynoJet Power Commander V does not come with the capability to auto tune. The DynoJet Auto Tune is a module that connects to the PCV but is sold separately. Additionally, the DynoJet Auto Tune kit will only work after you've installed the necessary wide-band oxygen sensors which should come with the kit. Now, keep in mind that there are two different auto tune kits...one that comes with 1 module and 1 oxygen sensor and another that comes with 2 modules and 2 oxygen sensors (because of the way our bikes receive fuel, by design, one jug will run leaner than the other so I suggest purchasing the 2 module/2 sensor kit). Finally, although these two boxes (when combined) can "auto tune" your engine (thanks to the closed-loop circuit created by the oxygen sensors) you still have to install a base map. Now, although called a "base" map, said map should still be built with your bike in mind. The idea here is that if you dyno tuned the bike with the PCV and AT modules installed, you get a solid base map which the AT module can then use to make minor adjustments to for altitude and overall performance changes. The most important thing to take away from this discussion is that the PCV and AT do NOT function in the same way as the Cobra PowrPro module; meaning, do not expect to take the PCV and AT out of the box, install on your bike, and drive off. This was NOT the design DynoJet was looking to achieve and if you incoporate any major changes to your bike (completely different style of exhaust or intake system, aftermarkter camshafts, nitros, turbo, etc.) your bike WILL need to be re-dynoed for a new base map. I hope this information helps. -EDIT: I feel my initial statement may have been misleading so...the model/version PCV purchased (if designed for your bike) will come with a "base" map (again, designed for said bike) to allow you the capability to install right out of the box and drive off but (what I meant by my above statement was) there will be some additional tuning required once data has been collected from the oxygen sensors, that will need to be input back into the PCV.

#6 ·
Couple of things here...(1) The DynoJet Power Commander V does not come with the capability to auto tune. The DynoJet Auto Tune is a module that connects to the PCV but is sold separately. Additionally, the DynoJet Auto Tune kit will only work after you've installed the necessary wide-band oxygen sensors which should come with the kit. Now, keep in mind that there are two different auto tune kits...one that comes with 1 module and 1 oxygen sensor and another that comes with 2 modules and 2 oxygen sensors (because of the way our bikes receive fuel, by design, one jug will run leaner than the other so I suggest purchasing the 2 module/2 sensor kit). Finally, although these two boxes (when combined) can "auto tune" your engine (thanks to the closed-loop circuit created by the oxygen sensors) you still have to install a base map. Now, although called a "base" map, said map should still be built with your bike in mind. The idea here is that if you dyno tuned the bike with the PCV and AT modules installed, you get a solid base map which the AT module can then use to make minor adjustments to for altitude and overall performance changes. The most important thing to take away from this discussion is that the PCV and AT do NOT function in the same way as the Cobra PowrPro module; meaning, do not expect to take the PCV and AT out of the box, install on your bike, and drive off. This was NOT the design DynoJet was looking to achieve and if you incoporate any major changes to your bike (completely different style of exhaust or intake system, aftermarkter camshafts, nitros, turbo, etc.) your bike WILL need to be re-dynoed for a new base map. I hope this information helps.
I disagree, i ran the PC5 and AT-200 for 3 years with just a single O2 sensor and on the front jug. I also started with the Zero map and the autotune functioned just like it said it would. No dyno's, no preset base map to start. I just drove the bike for 10 miles, came home applied the changes from the autotune and kept right on riding. After the 2nd time applying the changes it was pretty much dialed in.

#12 ·
yeah, I have thought about doing the auto-tune but at this point I hate to throw more money at it not knowing if that will fix the issue. I'm thinking about pulling the exhaust and trying something else.

Some back ground on this bike, I recently got the bike from Suzuki because tranny locked up and it was not covered under warranty. It only has about 8k for mileage because it has been down for so long.

I even tried the "zero" map and there wasn't much difference. sigh...

#15 ·
Grizz.... your closer to the problem than you know. I ran into exactly the same problem. Any time I jumped to WOT the 9 would fall on her face. After a few calls to dynojet they hooked me up with a tech who explained the bike was being flooded out or over enrichment as he put it. Its been so long since ive messed with it i dont remember the process. He will have you go to the accelerator pump window click it on and tell you how to change your values and to keep changing them in 10 point increments until problem goes away. My 9 went from falling on its face to hazing the tire all way thru 1st. Just be patient and listen to them I know you might want to jump to the fix but they have a process they go thru to make sure everything else is right....... hope this helps... Travis

#18 ·
The bike does run ok with the PC disconnected? :bigthumbsup:

With a zero map in the PC it should run at least as good as standard. Then start making changes (using different maps) once you have something to base line it too.
Very easy to go chasing your own tail when playing with ECU's, PC's and maps...... :eek:

#20 ·
Sorry guys, I was called into work again for the next few days. I will be off sometime tomorrow.

I have tried putting the zero map and it was nearly the same issue. Maybe the stumble came on a little later.

When I get back I will pull up map and post the numbers in the blocks you asked for.

I really appreciate the help guys, maybe soon I can get it running the way it should be!

#21 ·
Sorry guys, I was called into work again for the next few days. I will be off sometime tomorrow.

I have tried putting the zero map and it was nearly the same issue. Maybe the stumble came on a little later.

When I get back I will pull up map and post the numbers in the blocks you asked for.

I really appreciate the help guys, maybe soon I can get it running the way it should be!
The zero map is just like running off the ecu with no fuel management. I sent you a Pm so will go from there. I'm going to Indy friday so i'll be gone for a few days i will keep checking back with the phone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.