M109 Rider Forums banner

tricky air ride trouble............leak.

11K views 108 replies 31 participants last post by  BobtheMedic 
#1 ·
Has anyone had trouble with the tricky system leaking?

After I air the system up the whole way within 5 minutes it's aired down.

#2 · (Edited)
Yep fittin on top of the compressor and on the side of the canister, you probably should of bench tested it first....that's what I did and found a lot of leaks and even after that another one occured on the fitting on top of the compressor. I did all of them with pipe thread paste.

#4 ·
One of my fitting had a little tiny leak at the begining where you shove the hose in and could even notice it until I took the hole thing off and bench tested it. My employee
actually found it for me.

#11 ·
So from what I've read it seems the tricky system should be torn down and gone through before instal?
Thread paste apllied to all area's...

#12 ·
Only trouble I had was when I put in the air gauge. Had to take the gauge off and tape the connection. No troubles since then. Knock on wood that was the end of it.

#13 ·
The leak may be coming from the valve solenoid. Something as small as a grain of sand can and will cause leak down issues by not allowing the valve to completely seat. This is easily remedied but involves taking the solenoids apart and blowing them out with compressed air. The condensation from the compressor will cause calcium particles to form along the inner surfaces and once enough is formed it will break off and travel through the air lines and sometimes lodge themselves in the valve pinch points. The best defense against this would be to install a water trap in the air line after the compressor.

#14 ·
So let me get this right. When you purchase a new product. You need to go threw it and make sure its not faulty or leaking? I don't know if I want to purchase one of these now. I just picked up a new 14 9r and I was thinking about picking one up. Please keep us up to date with this.

#17 ·
I agree 100%. However, if in fact it is as simple as that, not a big deal. My issues are what is going to happen in 2 years from now. If Tricky doesn't even make sure these are good out of the factory, that says a lot about their attention to detail of the final product. Arnott was good for a while, and now they are off the market due to major issues.

#23 ·
You also can remove the screws on the bottom of it and turn it around so the wires are not facing it.

#26 ·
Ive owned/built 7 trucks on airbags. I LOVE being able to lay a vehicle on the ground, then lift and drive away.

Low as F*&K and smooth as a baby's bottom....LOVE IT!

I will...and I mean this with such strong emphasis NEVER run an air system on a bike.
I have seen so many problems with air systems its totally insane for me to even CONSIDER one to happen to me when riding a bike.
Does a bike look clean with the fender squatting over a fat ass tire? HELL YES! Do I want to work on my bike on side of the road?
HELL MOTHER FORKING NO!

#30 ·
Its got to be one of the fittings they're crap. Mine is still leaking too, got to take it out and bench test...to find it. That's what I did with Carlos 9 and one of the fittings was leaking right at the ring where the tube goes in, you couldn't even see it very hard to fine even with soapy water.

#32 ·
I know and when you call them they act like they don't give a fukk, like were the ones doing something wrong.

#37 ·
Every single kit I installed had a leak on the elbow fitting, and turning it a few turns fixed the leak. A couple experienced leak at the T fitting, and pulling, cutting the hose straight and re inserting it to the fitting, fixed the leak. One had a leak on the solenoid. Turned it a little and leak was gone. The other had a kink on the hose were out was leaking. Changed and . Rerouted the line and fixed the leak. So far, no complaint.

#38 · (Edited)
Sorry to hear you guys are having trouble. I have not had any trouble since putting in the Tricky system. When I added an aftermarket gauge I had a leak with the fitting I put on the gauge but a little teflon tape fixed that right up.
Andy has been great with me. He has been there to answer any questions I have had and was a pleasure to work with.
Again sorry some of you are not having a great experience with this product and SW. Just want to let the new people know that there are some very happy people out there as well.

#39 ·
I've been on top of this thread.

Hey guys,
I just wanted everyone to know I have been on top of this thread since day one I have just been silent, I have been on top of Tricky Air the past couple of days I forwarded this thread to them yesterday with a P'd off email attached expressing all of our issues including me, my air ride had leaked as well. It was a very simple fix but still a unexpected headache never the less. They had a meeting yesterday about these air leaks and have assured me this morning that we will not have to experience this problem any further, they will be testing the units for leaks after assembly so fingers crossed who ever is testing these units are doing their job properly.
My sincere apologies goes out to all of my customers who have had to go through this hell that could of been avoided for better feedback and results. Please, if you guys are having any problems with any products just email me or call me everyone knows I always answer my phone and fight to resolve any issues for you. ANDY 305-417-1968

Thanks Brothers,

ANDY
SwampWorks Inc.

http://www.swampworksinc.com

#40 ·
Hey guys,
I just wanted everyone to know I have been on top of this thread since day one I have just been silent, I have been on top of Tricky Air the past couple of days I forwarded this thread to them yesterday with a P'd off email attached expressing all of our issues including me, my air ride had leaked as well. It was a very simple fix but still a unexpected headache never the less. They had a meeting yesterday about these air leaks and have assured me this morning that we will not have to experience this problem any further, they will be testing the units for leaks after assembly so fingers crossed who ever is testing these units are doing their job properly.
My sincere apologies goes out to all of my customers who have had to go through this hell that could of been avoided for better feedback and results. Please, if you guys are having any problems with any products just email me or call me everyone knows I always answer my phone and fight to resolve any issues for you. ANDY 305-417-1968

Thanks Brothers,

ANDY
SwampWorks Inc.

http://www.swampworksinc.com
Typical of you, sir...top notch customer service and caring about your customers, even when it isn't your product.

#47 ·
i have received the email from Andy (SW) & Tricky.
Im gonna redo all the fitting again tomorrow. i have used thread paste.

id like to get this one working because i havent been able to ride in the past 4 weeks waiting for this kit. i cant take it any longer.

#49 ·
Get one with a brush it's easier to apply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.