M109 Rider Forums banner

tricky air ride trouble............leak.

11K views 108 replies 31 participants last post by  BobtheMedic 
#1 ·
Has anyone had trouble with the tricky system leaking?

After I air the system up the whole way within 5 minutes it's aired down.

#100 ·
I cut 1 1/2" out of mine and welded it..... And thats with 2 1/5" drop. With the care tire, it was scary. Turning the bars to the right. it would stand itself up and sit on the car tire . LOL.

#103 ·
Well got my bike back today. My local shop/ tricky distributor has been trying to get ahold of tricky to get help trouble shooting some problems with my bike. But tricky has yet to answer there phone or emails all week? Anyway the remotes and receiver box do not work, so they are taken off my bike ATM.

A have they closed down or possibly temp closed for a show or something?

#104 ·
A blown fuse is why suspension didn't hold air is what my local shop told me. But that is very hard for me to believe. But it is in my garage and working. When it malfunctioned it would lose air faster than the compressor could pump, unless you closed the valve on the brass relief valve. Then it would barely allow the compressor to pump up pressure enough to allow me to get it on a trailer.

#106 ·
All this is very disheartening!

Rubzerk- I could not imagine the feeling you had when you saw your bike fell over! Sorry to see that happening to such a nice bike.

When this kit came out I was really hoping tricky was going to help the air ride situation for our bikes.
I am curious if these issues described here are the 1% of units sold or if this is a serious problem with all units? I know the one local guy in my area (Bobthemedic) that has the tricky setup and has had no issues.

Will be watching this further in hopes something good comes of it all.
Thank you to those who have described the issues here as it really helps me (and others) make better decisions with my MOD money.

#107 ·
I don't think that there is anything critically wrong with the tricky air hardware, but it sounds as if one should break down all connections and use teflon paste on everything before installation. If I were getting one, I would do it because what will it add, an hour, tops, to the installation time? Then you will have peace of mind knowing that all of the connections are properly sealed.

Just my 2 cents. YMMV.

#108 ·
When i bought it, Andy told me, just get the kit...not the remote. The beauty of the system is its simplicity. Turns out to be good advice. After the air leak I had was fixed, my switch failed. Which was ok because I wanted a custom job anyway....since then, no issues at all. I absolutely have zero issues.

Sorry to see your tip over Rubzerk. I don't air my shock down 100% of the time....is there an advantage to doing that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.