M109 Rider Forums banner

Push pin mod Michigan

2K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  Rodog800 
#1 ·
Hello I am a new r owner, been reading here getting info and seem to have this what is the push pin affect on the bike, I'm sure I could do it but anyone in Michigan near metro area that has done and could help out on this with me. Thanks!

#2 ·
I have a video on it, have you seen it.

#3 ·
I did see it was sorta vague... And I do not not recall anything with what you did to the push pin.. Also with any oil refill like some have lost also was looking to meet any locals and always good times when someone has done this before goes quick.. I was a founding member over at Volusia riders met a lot good people and learned alot

#6 ·
No you don't but. while your in there.

For starters order these parts from Partzilla or from whom ever you want.
(1) 11482-48G00 GASKET,CL COVER
(1) 21441-48G40 PLATE,CLUTCH DR
(1) 21471-48G00 SEAT,WAVE WASHE
(1) 21472-48G10 WASHER,CLUTCH P

#8 ·
Also have g a hard time with five dung link with how to grind down the pin.. The link that keeps showing up in the threads is not working
Grinded down on 3 sides 12, 4, and 8 o'clock.

#10 ·
Just to be clear, Those pics are not of any that I have done. The width needs to be a bit more to maximize oil flow, but yet not too wide as to rob oil from the top end of the motor. The positioning is correct for a 3 side grind though.

#15 ·
After reading the forum more.. Then looking at the bike this may be a little more involved as I have the stock pipes with scorpion tips from previous owner. Exhaust looks a little more complicated to take off. Also now after reading about pair valve forgot about that.. Had to disable on my Volusia... So explains some poping I am getting

#19 ·
Once you unscrew the clutch plate the pin just pulls out.

#20 ·
Oh I misunderstood before when I asked if just pin could be done didn't think that I would have to take that plate off...OK so in the end I see the outer nut tight all the way then back off 3/4..the jam nut you refer too is the the part of the push pin that you now tighten that part has me confused cause your just explaining it in the video which helps but seeing you do that part would have helped me..thanks again liking the info I am getting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.