M109 Rider Forums banner

Woolich Racing ECU Flashing for $330. Anyone done this, please chime in.

37K views 110 replies 35 participants last post by  JayZ 
#1 ·
Good day all,

I know that the FI2000 and Power Commander's are good=ish, but Flashing the ECU is best. Has anyone done this to their bike yet?

Here is the link that I found. It only works on '06-'09 models.

As taken from their website

"
http://www.woolichracing.com/produc...8-suzuki-m109r-ecu-flashing.aspx#productTable

This package includes everything you need to start tuning your 2006-2009 Suzuki M109R with our USB Interface.
Denso USB Interface
Suzuki Type 2 Harness
USB Cable
Bin File Definitions in the Woolich Racing Tuned software

Features available for Suzuki M109R 2006-2009
IAP Fuel Maps
TPS Fuel Maps
Ignition Maps
Secondary Throttle Plate (STP) Opening Maps
Adjust RPM Limiters
Adjust Idle RPM
Disable Top Speed Limiter
"

My ears are perked up.....

See less See more
#47 ·
Just a question ... All this extra power will not adversely affect tranny's reliability?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

#50 · (Edited)
This thread is very interesting and I have always found it very odd that this has not been done before now. When it comes to tuning in the car world this has been done for years. I run a similar setup on my drag Camaro called HPTuners that does exactly what this thread is about. Same thing, changing the maps for timing and fuel and then flashing the tune into the ECU. Max safe power can be achieved with a dyno and a wideband O2 sensor to check for A/F ratio. It would also eliminate the need for a TRE as you should be able to change the behavior of the ECU instead of just fooling the ECU into thinking it is in a different gear.

#51 ·
This thread is very interesting and I have always found it very interesting that this has not been done before now. When it comes to tuning in the car world this has been done for years. I run a similar setup on my drag Camaro called HPTuners that does exactly what this thread is about. Same thing, changing the maps for timing and fuel and then flashing the tune into the ECU. Max safe power can be achieved with a dyno and a wideband O2 sensor to check for A/F ratio. It would also eliminate the need for a TRE as you should be able to change the behavior of the ECU instead of just fooling the ECU into thinking it is in a different gear.
I love It. Problem with the tre is it locks the ecu in one set of maps fuel and timing.

#63 ·
I still feel lucky that Scorp took the time to do this. He's local to me, so I rode to his place with Stav, left an hour later hooked up.
Been riding with it for some time now, and love it.
I had knocking with the TRE on there, so I took it off ages ago. No knocking or pinging with this ECU flash. Just smooth strong pull in all gears. TRE never felt like this.

#64 ·
I'll correct you Colin...not scorp, It was Rick & I that have a proven safe tune.

#66 ·
Colin, if your around lets hook up :dontknow: if our tires allow us to :D

#68 ·
Hi Guys, I have my Woolich and have a few questions before I start,1st do I need to remove my cobra auto tuner pro, and 2nd I have the pin pulled for he servo an fi light fix. I am not sure if the ecu. flash will work with my after market exhaust or if there will be an issue there... any help would be great...cheers

#69 ·
Hi Force,

What are you going to use the Woolich kit to modify? If your just doing the ignition maps, secondary throttle valve then you will still need the power pro to do the fueling.
If you want to do the fuel maps, how are you going to measure the AFR to get an idea which cells in the maps need to be richer/leaner? Do you have some dyno time booked?
Personally I would do everything in the ECU, less part to go wrong and the best way to know the job is done correctly. Takes dyno time and some practice.

good luck with the tuning you can get some good results when the ecu is done right. :bigthumbsup:

#70 ·
Thanks

That's what I wanted to know, I will have to travel to get dyno time...but money well spent...cheers

#72 ·
This thread hasnt been updated for awhile and I was looking into the ECU flashing forthe 2011+ bikes and came up blank.

Contacted Woolich and they said

"The late model has not really had muchdemand for the ecu fflashing so we have not progressed it. We generally base our development efforts where their is the most demand. If/when we have more peaople contact us about this year range, we will progress it and release products for it"

I for one would really like this option and was wondering if anyone else still had desire for it or am I just taking a leak in the wind with this?

#75 ·
I asked Justin about the newer ECU's a year ago. I gave up waiting last week and bought a PCV.

I sent the ECU maps and xml table to Skorp for the later bikes but I don't know if he ever tried using them.

If I could get hold of a later ecu I'd do it myself. Rarer then hens teeth this side of the pond.

#80 ·
He just said if he gets more inquires he would look into it. We just need to get more people to go onto their website and send them an email asking abotu it. The more we get to do this the better chance they will finally look into it further. He said they started looking into it awhile ago but didnt seea major need for it so they stopped.

#86 ·
I bought an 07 ecu to test on a 2013 (mine) bike. It didn't work! So never bothered to try the maps I had from a 2013 bike.
Even thought about re-wiring the ECU plugs to match the 07 ECU but couldn't find the pin wiring for a 2013 ECU.
Now I have a PCV to get the fueling better. Would like to remove the restrictions from the ECU someday though.

That's why I sent you the 07 ECU so you could play around with the programming. :bigthumbsup:

If you find any cheap 2013 ECU's let me know :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.