M109 Rider Forums banner

V-Stream Extensions

11K views 49 replies 32 participants last post by  waytootall67 
#1 ·
A buddy of mine owns a fabrication shop locally, and this was his idea to add some height to mounts.
Put them back on the bike last night, but due to the rain, haven't had a chance yet to test them out.

Wood Hardwood Composite material Plastic Watch

Automotive tire Bumper Rim Gas Wood

He used my existing top brackets, cut them, added a 2" extension, re-welded then added some rust proof paint.

I'll post my additional comments & pictures when I get her out for a ride.
PS: Cost just less than $60 Canadian

See less See more
#4 ·
With the new extension, it keeps the same angle of the bracket, so it does not move it any further away or closer than orginally designed.
Even with the stock brackets, there was "some" airflow in-between, but it definitely deflected a large amount of wind into my forehead, hence the reason for the extension.

I sold a set of modified brackets to a member here since it didn't work for me. He has since sent them to swampworks to see if they could make some similar brackets as mine and maybe some quick release brackets for the vstream.
Yup, and I sent a message to him a while ago asking how things were going and posted on the thread, no reply. I believe he's had them for about 4 weeks. I couldn't wait any longer.

#17 ·
Im working on it guy's.

That member was me WCD.
I spoke with Andy at Swampworks about this again this week. He said he's going to make some up like the ones I bought and do a little more research to come up with adjustable ones.

Maybe Andy can post up on this.

WCD
I am in the middle of trying to have the extended brackets made for us provided by WCD, the adjustable design and fat fork tube brackets will definitely be a while for me to get them prototyped and into production, I have read everyone's comments and I keep up to date with this site, but I am in the middle of a ton of designs and custom builds which has been taking up all our extra time for this project, but we are looking into a solution for you guys with the extended brackets, remember I am also trying to keep this affordable which becomes the tricky part but I will keep you posted I should have more news by the end of the week, thanks again guys for all the support and work you guys truly have SwampWorks totally SWAMPED.... LOL
I'll keep you posted, Thanks Dave...

ANDY

#8 ·
6'..... with the stock brackets set as high as you could have them, the wind would catch me right on the forehead. Wouldn't really be an issue if you were a full-face helmet, but I don't. Hopefully this will work out well. Hoping to get out for a ride tomorrow.

#12 ·
I like the look of the V-Streams, but for wind protection: My Rifle Upper & Lowers are by far the best wind protection I could find (if you don't mind the wind shield on the 9, but when you live in Amarillo, TX and wind is constant 30+ MPH and gusts 70+, hard not to have the windshield). 130MPH and feels like your cruizing at a 20MPH.

#20 ·
I've been looking at purchasing a V-Stream, like the look over my Rifle Upper and Lower. But have a few questions for some of you that have one. I have been riding with a Rifle Upper and the lowers, and it keeps all wind off my body and face even at high speeds you get no drag. Now I love the rifle for when I'm not wearing a helmet and just my riding glasses, but im converting over to full/modular helmet so I took my windshield off. I'm 6'2 and I already kinda miss my windshield as im getting the full effect of all the wind and the helmet drag. I wonder how the V-Stream works for somone my size, and does it just keep wind off your face? Should I just wait until the Extensions are available?

#21 ·
The V-Stream with the stock brackets will NOT keep the wind off your face at 6'2..... I'm 6' and get the wind right in the forehead. Hence the reason for the extended brackets. I took her out today and at 160KM, even though the wind is blowing "over" me, I can still feel at. At lower speeds, not issue at all.

I am in the middle of trying to have the extended brackets made for us provided by WCD, the adjustable design and fat fork tube brackets will definitely be a while for me to get them prototyped and into production, I have read everyone's comments and I keep up to date with this site, but I am in the middle of a ton of designs and custom builds which has been taking up all our extra time for this project, but we are looking into a solution for you guys with the extended brackets, remember I am also trying to keep this affordable which becomes the tricky part but I will keep you posted I should have more news by the end of the week, thanks again guys for all the support and work you guys truly have SwampWorks totally SWAMPED.... LOL
I'll keep you posted, Thanks Dave...

ANDY
Much thanks for the update Andy!!

#22 ·
It protects your chest and shoulders which is huge on long rides. I wear full face and shield so don't care about the height.

#23 ·
Since taking my Rifle Upper and lower off, I don't know how anyone rides without a full face helmet... Even with my riding glasses the air is allot to block unless you have goggles... So still getting used to no Wind block, but on plus side its forcing me to start wearing my Modular helmet.

#26 ·
Bring them on!

Sign me up for a set.

After adjusting and readjusting the V-Stream brackets I am convinced I need another couple inches of lift to get my head out of the turbulence.

#27 ·
Bump for interest...

#32 ·
How much are the V Streams? Its the ONLY windshield Id imagine on my 9. I am in for the brackets too, i do plan on getting a 'shield. Where's the best place to get one from?

Also, what about the passenger? Pelts her head with wind and bugs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.