M109 Rider Forums banner

V-Stream Extensions

11K views 49 replies 32 participants last post by  waytootall67 
#1 ·
A buddy of mine owns a fabrication shop locally, and this was his idea to add some height to mounts.
Put them back on the bike last night, but due to the rain, haven't had a chance yet to test them out.

Wood Hardwood Composite material Plastic Watch

Automotive tire Bumper Rim Gas Wood

He used my existing top brackets, cut them, added a 2" extension, re-welded then added some rust proof paint.

I'll post my additional comments & pictures when I get her out for a ride.
PS: Cost just less than $60 Canadian

See less See more
#44 ·
update

I finally had a chance to put the extension brackets on that I bought from Swt109.

After installing them and adjusting them up and down, I have to say they're not the answer I'd hoped for.

I called Andy and asked that he not make the same ones. After a little brainstorming, Andy & Shrek are fairly certain they have something better for ALL of us over 6'. Hopefully he'll chime in soon with his prototype.

WCD

#48 ·
I'm about 6' too, and that wind screen didn't work for me at all. Had it on for 40 miles then sold it. One of my worst purchases. I had a full face helmet and the wind vibrated that and the whole bike. Good luck.

#49 ·
Saw this at a local dealer the other day. Never seen this windshield before and figured a similar bracket design would work for the V-Stream.

Dont think this would work for the Phat fork tubes though. Any word from swampworks on this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.