M109 Rider Forums banner

How does the cobra auto-tuning fuel management work?

7K views 41 replies 18 participants last post by  SiPPMSH 
#1 ·
I have it up and running on my 2013.

How does it know how much power the engine is making?

It tunes for maximum power as you ride, but how does it measure that?

#2 ·
Just be happy that it does...until it stops...then ask why again..:joke:

#8 ·
How does it get this data? As in, how does it know how quickly the crank accelerates?

If it is not connected to the crankshaft position sensor, how is it going to get crankshaft position data?

It only connects to the injectors and battery negative.

#4 ·
Works very good with no issues. Plug and play.

#6 ·
You know what, I'm glad this came up again. Has anyone else, running the PowrPro experienced difficult hot-engine starts? My bike will start up and run just fine when cold but after a long, hot trip and on rare occasion of course, sometimes she is a little difficult to start up. I find myself having to give 'er a little throttle before she'll level off at idle.

#9 ·
I'm not certain, but I would guess that the injectors time off the crankshaft revolutions.

#23 ·
LOL,,,,,,,,too much for ya David?? You can explain next month. haha

#25 · (Edited)
Tell me that next month, tough guy:D

Got the monster mounted tonight. Just touching up the paint on the rim, and it will be on the beast tomorrow.

#27 ·
haaaaaa Are you sure??? I have a way wit wimmins :D

TYhink I will go blast off a few rounds. Neighbors are. Da wild wild west, OH WAIT this is Tejas.........

#31 · (Edited)
You guys having problems with the hot starts; I would first check to see if your power pro had the adjustment pot inside the cover. It sounds as if your running on the very lean side of things and the hot no start could be a symptom of that lean condition. So if you have a pot you can adjust I would recommend turning it up a little. Cobra started installing that adjustment pot after a few users were having problems to help solve the issues in the cruise idle (lean) range.

#33 ·
You guys having problems with the hot starts; I would first check to see if your power pro had the adjustment pot inside the cover. It sounds as if your running of the very lean side of things and the hit no start could be a symptom of that lean condition. So if you have a pot you can assist I would recommend turning it up a little. Cobra started installing that adjustment pot after a few users were having problems to help solve the issues in the cruise idle (lean) range.
I'll have to check mine and see. I wasn't aware that the PowerPro had the ability to be adjusted. When I installed it, once it was all connected, I just stuck it down next to the battery and main fuse box in that open area that looked like it was designed for it. Never even took the protective plastic off of it. Thanks for the info! :bigthumbsup:

#37 ·
Steevo, the dial (or pot) is directly underneath the upper plastic cover. You will have to gently remove the cover but be careful or you could break the plastic clips. :bigthumbsup: I'll give this a shot next chance I get to adjust it. Anyone have a recommendation as to the amount of "turn" needed or is this sorta a "touch and go" thing? Thanks.

#40 ·
My bike has always started better cold than hot, even before PP. I just figured the starter motor worked a little better cold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.