M109 Rider Forums banner

Help Identifying this Backrest

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  SouthernFattie 
#1 ·
Title says it. I picked up a used backrest. No hardware included. I've been lookin for a couple hours for this, and cant find.
If anyone knows the brand, please advise. I wanna buy the hardware and put it on for the wife to ride with. Thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
That looks familiar. A member on here a few years ago made their own luggage rack out of square tubing and did a really nice job with them, but I don't remember a backrest being on them. Then someone else used the same patten with the curved side rails, but either machined them or had them laser cut out of solid metal. That really looks like the latter one, but I can't find a picture of it on here or using Google's image search.

Can you take a picture of it sitting on a white surface and more down from the top? Or from an upper quarter so the luggage rack and the side mounts are clearly visible. Google's image search works pretty well, but with that much blue in the picture it tends to focus on that more than the design.

#6 ·
#7 ·
#10 ·
Tiny bit of info , ( if you don't already know )
the front 2 bolts screw into the side rail of the bike ,
metric thread , and the 2 rear ones screw into a nut
that you hold inside wheel well as you put bolt on ,
so you can put whatever thread kind of bolt
you want , just match the nut you install for the rear ones.

#12 ·
Nice.
This week alone is gonna be when I get all my custom parts and work done.
I JUST not got my intakes in the mail LOL

#13 ·
Where is the best place to order the KewlMetal pieces I need? Directly from them, or outside source?

#16 ·
Excellent sig quote Nemo.

#17 ·
Well, I've put this on the bike, just to see how it looked, I put long all thread out of the struts, and put this on it, its for the driver only, solo back rest with rack over the cowl area.

This is for sale now. I will put it in the for sale section with better pics in a couple days.

#18 ·
So, at the beginning of June, I ordered Bungee Buttons from Kewl Metal's site. I got them in today. They arent exactly what I was expecting, but better than nothing.
The rear sets had 2 different spacers. So, on the smaller one, I couldnt tighten it down as it would make the button hit the rail, Simple solution, I put a washer behind.

Now, with that being said, I have big knots sickin out of my rails, lmao. Anyway, I dropped the back rest on the bungee buttons. Perfect fit! Here's a pic.

I know the chrome needs to be polished. But the fit is pretty nice. I dont need a back rest for just me, I need one for the wife, lmao. So, i'm going to sell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.