New powdercoat and Greggs stainless

Thread: New powdercoat and Greggs stainless

Default New powdercoat and Greggs stainless

I was able to find some time this weekend to pull apart my front calipers and get them powdercoated along with the brake hose guides. I topped off the black calipers with Greggs stainless covers and filled them with some EBC HH rated pads. They came out great. Tonight i will be powdercoating the front wraparound led turn/running lights and getting them wired as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361812075.862989.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	81125

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361812111.940337.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	81126

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361812139.291891.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	81127

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361812185.214927.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	81128
    07 M109r LE Copperhead paint * 260/160 * Cobra Swept Exhaust* Corbin seat * Tach relocated * Debeavered * Braided lines & cables * Rivco Risers * Big Air * Much, Much More!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I like the contrast, looks great.

sent from my galaxy S3 from somewhere outside space

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

What a difference from your sig pic to now...when do you find time to make babies?

Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    I like the contrast, looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Wjduke View Post
    What a difference from your sig pic to now...when do you find time to make babies?
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ Swampworks 2 Piece Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/Knight Rider LED/Raw Design LED Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Arnott Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

Lol damn Wayne kinda personal don'tcha think?

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

dcStang works on his bike almost more than anyone on here! Just a question that popped into my head when I saw his 6 month old with his new tee shirts....lol

dcStang works on his bike almost more than anyone on here! Just a question that popped into my head when I saw his 6 month old with his new tee shirts....lol
    I have a passion for working on anything on wheels. I love what i do. I work a full time job as a painter at a high end custom cabinet shop and i work on cars on nights and weekends. In between that i find time to work on my own stuff.

To answer the question i did find the time about 15 months ago. Lol
    07 M109r LE Copperhead paint * 260/160 * Cobra Swept Exhaust* Corbin seat * Tach relocated * Debeavered * Braided lines & cables * Rivco Risers * Big Air * Much, Much More!

I like those stainless covers from Gregg. Are those available at DLP? Do they also make one for the rear caliper? They appear to be stuck on with "supervisor tape", is that correct?
    Sent from my Super Duper Cool Anus using Tapatoot!

2006 M109R. Corbin Smuggler, Low & Mean chrome chin scoop and Reeper front fender, Cobra Tri-Pro exhaust, Big Air intakes, D2Moto tail light, Kuryakin clear signals.

Pretty sure you can get them from DLP. They are stuck on with double sided tape. Not sure if he makes one for the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by dcstang67 View Post
    Pretty sure you can get them from DLP. They are stuck on with double sided tape. Not sure if he makes one for the rear.
    Yeah, supervisor tape, i.e two faced, i.e. double sided. That's what I thought. Not a problem, just wanted to make sure.

I mean no insult to all of you supervisors out there. Just an old term for double-sided tape that was used in the aircraft industry for years, before PC became the new norm. I still use the term at work, and my supervisor is a woman. She just laughs. ;-0

2006 M109R. Corbin Smuggler, Low & Mean chrome chin scoop and Reeper front fender, Cobra Tri-Pro exhaust, Big Air intakes, D2Moto tail light, Kuryakin clear signals.

Here is a teaser of the front turn signals. These are ready for powdercoat as they sit. Im adding 3 radiantz 1mm led strips per side. Top, middle, and bottom will all act as turn signals at full intensity and the middle will be running all the time dimmed down half way.

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Yeah, supervisor tape, i.e two faced, i.e. double sided. That's what I thought. Not a problem, just wanted to make sure.

I mean no insult to all of you supervisors out there. Just an old term for double-sided tape that was used in the aircraft industry for years, before PC became the new norm. I still use the term at work, and my supervisor is a woman. She just laughs. ;-0
    I understood what you were talking about, i just didnt want to write "supervisor tape". No offense taken. I actually chuckled a little when i read it.

I have a passion for working on anything on wheels. I love what i do. I work a full time job as a painter at a high end custom cabinet shop and i work on cars on nights and weekends. In between that i find time to work on my own stuff.

To answer the question i did find the time about 15 months ago. Lol
    You're a busy guy, no doubt about that...the 6 month old will add more and more to that too.

Forgot to add the pics. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361819604.213797.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	81137

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361819629.805261.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	81138

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361819651.620538.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	81139

Forgot to add the pics. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361819604.213797.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	81137

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361819629.805261.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	81138

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361819651.620538.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	81139
    I was gonna rib ya on that. Like your new front fender btw. Of course I am pre-disposed to like it, I bought one when they first came available. Need to update your signature picture now.

Updates will come this spring when it is "finished" and as soon as i can get it out of the basement. I just wish i could utilize some of this time waiting for paint to dry at work and go home and work on the bike. Oh well at least im getting paid right now while lurking around the forum.

I must add that these iphones and smartphones have to be the least productive thing in the workplace. I'm not complaining.

Liking all your DIY mods. Always cool to see what you come up with next

Realy nice work there. How much work is it to remove the front calipers and how much you have to remove from them when they will be powder coated, given temperatures?. I will do the same to mine but without the crome

KEEP RIDING HARD

The calipers come off with 2 bolts. You have to unbolt the brake hose as well. Everything must be removed from the caliper housings. Remove the bleeder screw. Remove the brake pads spring clip and pins. Split the two halfs, remove the 4 pistons, 4 dust seals, 4 piston seals,1 o-ring. Clean housings thoroughly with brake cleaner and simple green, rinse and dry. Now tape off the inside of the housing and bolt both halfs together again. Preheat in oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes, remove, powdercoat and bake at 450 until flow then turn temp down to 400 and set timer for 20 minutes. Let cool and assemble in reverse order using fresh brake fluid to lubricate the seals during reassembly.

The calipers come off with 2 bolts. You have to unbolt the brake hose as well. Everything must be removed from the caliper housings. Remove the bleeder screw. Remove the brake pads spring clip and pins. Split the two halfs, remove the 4 pistons, 4 dust seals, 4 piston seals,1 o-ring. Clean housings thoroughly with brake cleaner and simple green, rinse and dry. Now tape off the inside of the housing and bolt both halfs together again. Preheat in oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes, remove, powdercoat and bake at 450 until flow then turn temp down to 400 and set timer for 20 minutes. Let cool and assemble in reverse order using fresh brake fluid to lubricate the seals during reassembly.
    God damn, seems that's quite a bitch to dismount all those parts huh I will pay someone to do powdercoating.

KEEP RIDING HARD

Nice mix
    NO IMAGES OVER 400 PIXELS IN HEIGHT