M109 Rider Forums banner

New powdercoat and Greggs stainless

2K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  festersvan 
#1 ·
I was able to find some time this weekend to pull apart my front calipers and get them powdercoated along with the brake hose guides. I topped off the black calipers with Greggs stainless covers and filled them with some EBC HH rated pads. They came out great. Tonight i will be powdercoating the front wraparound led turn/running lights and getting them wired as well.

Helmet Automotive design Rim Automotive wheel system Personal protective equipment

Jaw Eyewear Automotive lighting Headgear Bumper

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tread

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Vehicle

See less See more
#3 ·
What a difference from your sig pic to now...when do you find time to make babies?

#5 ·
:agree:

#7 ·
dcStang works on his bike almost more than anyone on here! Just a question that popped into my head when I saw his 6 month old with his new tee shirts....lol :joke:

#8 ·
I have a passion for working on anything on wheels. I love what i do. I work a full time job as a painter at a high end custom cabinet shop and i work on cars on nights and weekends. In between that i find time to work on my own stuff.

To answer the question i did find the time about 15 months ago. Lol

#9 ·
I like those stainless covers from Gregg. Are those available at DLP? Do they also make one for the rear caliper? They appear to be stuck on with "supervisor tape", is that correct?

#10 ·
Pretty sure you can get them from DLP. They are stuck on with double sided tape. Not sure if he makes one for the rear.

#11 ·
Yeah, supervisor tape, i.e two faced, i.e. double sided. That's what I thought. Not a problem, just wanted to make sure.

I mean no insult to all of you supervisors out there. Just an old term for double-sided tape that was used in the aircraft industry for years, before PC became the new norm. I still use the term at work, and my supervisor is a woman. She just laughs. ;-0

#12 ·
Here is a teaser of the front turn signals. These are ready for powdercoat as they sit. Im adding 3 radiantz 1mm led strips per side. Top, middle, and bottom will all act as turn signals at full intensity and the middle will be running all the time dimmed down half way.

#17 ·
Updates will come this spring when it is "finished" and as soon as i can get it out of the basement. I just wish i could utilize some of this time waiting for paint to dry at work and go home and work on the bike. Oh well at least im getting paid right now while lurking around the forum.

#18 ·
I must add that these iphones and smartphones have to be the least productive thing in the workplace. I'm not complaining.

#21 ·
The calipers come off with 2 bolts. You have to unbolt the brake hose as well. Everything must be removed from the caliper housings. Remove the bleeder screw. Remove the brake pads spring clip and pins. Split the two halfs, remove the 4 pistons, 4 dust seals, 4 piston seals,1 o-ring. Clean housings thoroughly with brake cleaner and simple green, rinse and dry. Now tape off the inside of the housing and bolt both halfs together again. Preheat in oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes, remove, powdercoat and bake at 450 until flow then turn temp down to 400 and set timer for 20 minutes. Let cool and assemble in reverse order using fresh brake fluid to lubricate the seals during reassembly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.