what is the best cover
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is the best cover

Default what is the best cover

What is the best cover for the drive shaft?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

You have a few choices. I did not like the Cobra one and I think the Suzuki one is better. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Todds9 View Post
    You have a few choices. I did not like the Cobra one and I think the Suzuki one is better. JMO
    any pictures

No but if you search eBay, you can see the difference between the two. I think the Suzuki one fits better.

Suzuki hands down. You get full coverage all the way to the diff. case with the suzuki. The cobra stops at bolts.
    07 M109r LE Copperhead paint * 260/160 * Cobra Swept Exhaust* Corbin seat * Tach relocated * Debeavered * Braided lines & cables * Rivco Risers * Big Air * Much, Much More!

Suzuki Hands Down!!! The metal is thicker and heavier than the Cobra
    Suzuki Engine Guard,Chrome Levers,Master Cylinder,Clucth Perch,Housings from Chip.Black ISO Grips,Accent Rings,Stilleto ends,Throttle Boss, Kury LED Lights.Joe's of Fla.180 LED Kit,JT's Knight Strip .Speedo/Tach from Webslinger.Carbon Fiber Kit,and tank cover.HID Headlight.Debeavered w Raw LED Strip,Chrome license plate w LED.OEM Chrome Drive shaft and Swing arm covers.Taillight painted by Brad Short OEM Pipes.VSport Shield,Scithe Mirrors

A lot of ppl don't like them, but I'm kinda partial to this one, the one piece plastic one that covers both hub and shaft. I actually bought this one from Todd a couple years ago. Been very happy w/ it.

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

I also have to agree with B, the chrome plastic cover looks really good and is an easy install.

I also love that cover

"Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window"

B, I was going to ask you that today. I'm surprised with the amount of chrome and detail you have on yours that you have the cover and not the chrome hub. I remember seeing on the site that some said the the chrome one leaks and I place a call to one of the dealers today and they said that their mechanic has done two and both leaked.

They said that they would charge me 5 hrs for the service of changing the standard to the chrome one. I don't plan on using them in case I do do it but the other dealer I now go to for service, I don't think they've ever done it before. So it's looking towards that I'm going for the covers.
    2011 Black, Cobra PowerPro, Debeavered, DeReflectored, LED Licence plate light, 280 Metzeler Rear/160 Metzeler Front, Legacy Wheels, Sportiva HID Headlight, 2.25 Lowering Bones, Chrome Grill, Chrome Motor Mirror Plates

i went with the shaft and hub cover like bernies.. even though its a cover, i just didnt want to deal with the seal leak issues.. IF... they appeared. i mean i know its a cover, and i spent a ton of money changing the bike.... but its better than being upset with issues with leaks

I def agree with Shawn here.
    Honestly with the added expense of having the swing arm and diff chromed plus down time, I felt the cover was the way to go. Been pretty happy with my choice. Don't have to worry about the diff leaking either.

sent from my galaxy S3 from somewhere outside space

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    I def agree with Shawn here.
    Honestly with the added expense of having the swing arm and diff chromed plus down time, I felt the cover was the way to go. Been pretty happy with my choice. Don't have to worry about the diff leaking either.

What did you go with for the swing arm cover?

Very Active Member

None...covers are cheezy...get your swingarm chromed and do it the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by mikehill View Post
    What did you go with for the swing arm cover?
    http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=271162156280

Quote Originally Posted by grampi View Post
    None...covers are cheezy...get your swingarm chromed and do it the right way!
    :rolleyes: oh granpaw!

Last edited by Big-B; 02-26-2013 at 08:11 AM.

i saw the dirveshaft cover, was wondering what swing arm cover you went with.

Has anyone ordered from this company? I noticed a statement on it that says "COVERS MAY TAKE UP TO 8 WEEKS".

http://www.fat300customcycles.com/pr...ry=Body%20Work
    2011 Black, Cobra PowerPro, Debeavered, DeReflectored, LED Licence plate light, 280 Metzeler Rear/160 Metzeler Front, Legacy Wheels, Sportiva HID Headlight, 2.25 Lowering Bones, Chrome Grill, Chrome Motor Mirror Plates

The swingarm cover is a Greggs stainless peice.
    07 M109r LE Copperhead paint * 260/160 * Cobra Swept Exhaust* Corbin seat * Tach relocated * Debeavered * Braided lines & cables * Rivco Risers * Big Air * Much, Much More!

Quote Originally Posted by mikehill View Post
    i saw the dirveshaft cover, was wondering what swing arm cover you went with.
    I have a gregg's also. Very nice piece.

Very Active Member

Sorry...this winter weather dragging on and on and on has me PMSing so bad I fogot my manners!

I have a gregg's also. Very nice piece.

Quote Originally Posted by dcstang67 View Post
    The swingarm cover is a Greggs stainless peice.

The link shows a 60 thou plastic ABS, is the steel one different. I purchased a thin plastic one not knowing as the seller had not advertised it to be plastic. It was chrome but i ended up returning that back. I have a Cobra one, its just filling i dont like how it sits on its just a small section covered. I would prefer the chrome cover sticker than messing around with the chroming of the hub. lot easier.

Is there a cover made of stainless steel or chrome platted metal or is all you guys have made of Plastic only.

The suzuki driveshaft cover (left side of bike) is a nice thick chrome plated steel that covers all the way to the diff housing, but none of the diff housing itself. This cover is available anywhere that sells genuine suzuki parts. Oneida Suzuki has a good price on it. The right side cover is made of polished stainless steel and is made by Greggs custom stainless. This is available from a number of suppliers including DLP and Custom Dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by NSRiar View Post
    The link shows a 60 thou plastic ABS, is the steel one different. I purchased a thin plastic one not knowing as the seller had not advertised it to be plastic. It was chrome but i ended up returning that back. I have a Cobra one, its just filling i dont like how it sits on its just a small section covered. I would prefer the chrome cover sticker than messing around with the chroming of the hub. lot easier.

Is there a cover made of stainless steel or chrome platted metal or is all you guys have made of Plastic only.
    Narendra, the hub side is the plastic one I supplies the link to. The brake side is a Gregg's SS cover for the swing arm.

PM coming

Quote Originally Posted by grampi View Post
    Sorry...this winter weather dragging on and on and on has me PMSing so bad I fogot my manners!
    LOL no worries, cabin fever can be a bitch!!!

LOL no worries, cabin fever can be a bitch!!!
    We all have it right now. I saw two bikes go past my work today. It's chilly but sunny, and the snow is melting pretty good...two, maybe three weeks more...

Polishing the hub is always an option. I saw this post about it.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...ght=polish+hub

Quote Originally Posted by BigBully View Post
    Polishing the hub is always an option. I saw this post about it.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...ght=polish+hub
    Indeed, but then you still have to have a cover for the shaft.

In my case, I don't want to cover the shaft. I would just be happy with the chrome hub and a chrome cover for the axle nut on the brake side.

The only reason I now am looking at the cover is because of the price and problems associated with the chrome hubs. I'm trying not to over-chrome my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBully View Post
    In my case, I don't want to cover the shaft. I would just be happy with the chrome hub and a chrome cover for the axle nut on the brake side.

The only reason I now am looking at the cover is because of the price and problems associated with the chrome hubs. I'm trying not to over-chrome my bike.

B, my personal thought was once you start chroming parts here and there, un-chromed parts start looking out of place. So, you get more chrome parts and so on until next thing you know, you've chromed everything.