Goldwing F6B - opinions?

Thread: Goldwing F6B - opinions?

Default Goldwing F6B - opinions?

Has anyone test ridden this thing yet?

For a 2nd bike a couple years ago i was leaning toward a b-king, then came the awesome diavel, thought that was the 2nd bike of my dreams, but the 9 is so good in so many areas, the diavel wasnt different enough for me to justify keeping the 9 just to tour.
    Since then my lifestyle has changed and I'm considering a more touring oriented bike for a 2nd, like a HD or Victory bagger. I'm riding 3 to 4 hours at a time frequently enough to justify a tourer.

I've never even been on a regular goldwing, but I also do not wish to own one. I dont want a top case or a tall windshield on any bike, but I do want a bike with some tech features and capable of spending lots of time at 70 on interstates and sightseeing in state parks. I do need the lockable storage hard bags, and I and my passenger are tall and over 420lbs combined.

What are your thoughts & opinions on the Goldwing F6B as a 2nd bike?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

My friend is going to sell his 9 for that bike he says its awesome.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ Swampworks 2 Piece Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/Knight Rider LED/Raw Design LED Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Arnott Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

I say do it. If I could swing it I would be all over it. You have 2 colors to choose from. B;ack or red. from what I have read.

For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.

I think it's a great bike. And I think the last article I read on it said it would be released in March?

Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself.

Very Active Member

If I had the extra money I might would trade the 9 in on this one .

Very Active Member matt.procter's Avatar

2007 Black M109R
    Velocity Pro exhaust, low n mean chin scoop, low n mean reaper fender, fi2000r, painted speedo housing, custom radiator grill, meancycles engine cover, Stebel Nautilus, Ryan's harness, Greggs side cover...

Love the look. Hate the price. $25,000 on the road, in Cdn funds of course. Absolutely absurd.
    The comfort and reliability of a Goldwing is nice though.
    Posted on my BlackBerry Z30.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    And the modding begins ....... Will it EVER end ?\

Quote Originally Posted by CDM76 View Post
    Love the look. Hate the price. $25,000 on the road, in Cdn funds of course. Absolutely absurd.
    I like it too, but price here is 34990/46750$ (usd)

Suzuki take a note,we need long and low (fast/"cheap") bagger around 109 engine.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzySpell View Post
    I like it too, but price here is 34990/46750$ (usd)

Suzuki take a note,we need long and low (fast/"cheap") bagger around 109 engine.
    Thats nuts !!!
    Posted on my BlackBerry Z30.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    And the modding begins ....... Will it EVER end ?\

Quote Originally Posted by CDM76 View Post

What would the 109 cost you in total by the time you put 200,000 KMS on it..I think the Honda would be cheaper in the long run,just a bigger outlay to start..

would like to see first hand how much wind protection it offers at hi-way speeds though..

take one over a harley any day...think we will be seeing many of these on the road in the next few years in the 50 year old plus crowd..
    Stav

Sweet ride, Honda reliability (as reliable as the sunrise) - way overpriced! If money were no object I would have one.

Great bike? Yes. High price? Yes. The name has the word "GOLD" in it. Check out the current price of gold. I bet China will be coming out with a "LEADWING" soon.

I would own one if I could. 20,000 or so USD but Goldwings last forever. I need two things a bigger garage and a lot more money.
    I just plan on doing everything twice when I start it and that way when it takes 3 times to get it right I'm only half as mad.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

I like it! Hard to beat Honda quality and reliability. They haven't even been released yet, and there are dealers around here allready taking $2k off msrp.

Default THE F6B

I can only say that I want one and this will be a great retirement gift to me. I may have to have it stay outside but the bike will be mine by the middle of this year. I will allways be a nine rider. The Anaconda will remain wil me.

^^^^

now that's retiring in style..
    Stav

Just to note, Maintenance costs. I always check costs to maintain a rig or MC. Hd is very high and the dealer here unlike my Suzuki roles the bike into the back and thats the last you see of it till they are done. My dealer invites visits as long as you stay out of the way and don't hold up the mechanics. The Honda/ Yamaha dealer here doesn't keep you from a visit but the wife works with the wife of a mechanic from there and he was telling me the Gold Wing is a maintenance pain because of all the cowling's that have to be removed just to get to what you want, At the same time another guy that owns one says he loves it and maintenance costs aren't that bad so I guess you will have to do a little research and decide for yourself. Me, if I had the money and wanted another bike for a highway bike I would choose the GW over an HD without a doubt. I own a Honda Accord and it is the cats meow. Other than routine maintenance it has been a wonderful car with 150,000 miles and not one issue.

Maintenance costs for a Goldwing,which the F6B is also,are minimal.I'm a fix it myself type guy.Oil changes are easy,it has a spin on filter.No plastic to remove.I buy oil and filter at Wally World.Air filter is cheap too,like 20 bucks.Problem with it is,it takes like an hour to take the plastic off just to get to where the filter is.And an hour to put it all back.Valve adjustments are shim and bucket,easy if mechanically inclined.Shims are only a few bucks.Lots of wingers check the valves way past due.Like 80-90K only to find no adjustment necessary.Tires....some say 4-5K mountain carving on chip-in-seal roads.Others claim over 20K. And then there's alot of darkside riders that get well over that from rear tires.
    I paid $358 for a extended warranty. That's a 7 year unlimited mile warranty. If any thing else breaks,the dealer fixes it.When I traded in my 03 wing,it had 130K on it and still had a
    warranty.My '12 has a little over 30K on it now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FotoFlexer_Photo momdad.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	148.4 KB 
ID:	79380  

The bike doesn't release until late Feb or early March so riding one at this point is not likely.
    Do I like it? Yes!!! Ordered mine the first week of January and can't wait to get it!!!
    I loved my nine and it gave me no issues for the one season of riding. I have to hope the Honda will offer the same reliability and low cost of maintenance.
    Will definitely buy the extended warranty for 7 years unlimited kms as its great insurance!!!
    As far as the price goes I think for the $ 22,995 CDN list price the bike is fairly priced for what you get.
    I'm sure there will be discounts at most dealers. The company I work for owns a Honda Powersports store so there is no haggling or guessing on the price as I buy at invoice.

Very Active Member m109greenskull's Avatar

I've been on a regular wing and it blew me away. Awesome power, quite, handled well. It was great. I'm just not into the full blown touring deal quite yet. I think the F6B is gonna be the cats ass. We have 2 coming to our dealership, and we are gonna demo one, so I get to ride one anytime I want, and still get to keep the 9. And if I wanna go slow, I can ride the HD's. lol. Can't wait to throw a leg over the wing. I'll post my thoughts in the spring.

I like it
    In wine there is wisdom,
    in beer there is freedom,
    in water there is bacteria.
    -Ben Franklin

I'd love to have one. Just too expensive :(

Previous Bikes: 2001 Honda Shadow VT750, 2005 Suzuki M50, 2005 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Suzuki M109R LE. 1982 Honda CB900F
    Current Bike: 2012 Rocket III Roadster Phantom Black

I have never met a Goldwing owner who didn't love his bike. A lot of them are getting over 300K miles out of them. Try that Harley. Overpriced?? Maybe. But there are plenty of nice used ones out there. I'm not into the looks of the new one. Hoping I will be able to add on soon(2002-20012).

These 3 responses are where I'm at on the whole thing. I can hardly believe the price, but I'm just about sure it's the 1 bike on the market I feel is worth dropping $20k on. I just need to get more comfortable with the price I guess, and I will probably need a little encouragement from a good test ride of around 30 minutes or more. I am always impressed with the modern sport performance motorcycle, as I mentioned, but modern luxury bikes have not hit all of the buttons for me before this one. If it's as good a machine in its operation as everyone says I will probably have one.

Until then, its 9 in the morning, 9 'til supper time.

Thanks for the responses and lets hear some reviews when members take delivery.

HyperPete Sweet ride, Honda reliability (as reliable as the sunrise) - way overpriced!

AWESOME109 I have never met a Goldwing owner who didn't love his bike. A lot of them are getting over 300K miles out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by m90blue View Post
    Maintenance costs for a Goldwing,which the F6B is also,are minimal.I'm a fix it myself type guy.Oil changes are easy,it has a spin on filter.No plastic to remove.I buy oil and filter at Wally World.Air filter is cheap too,like 20 bucks.Problem with it is,it takes like an hour to take the plastic off just to get to where the filter is.And an hour to put it all back.Valve adjustments are shim and bucket,easy if mechanically inclined.Shims are only a few bucks.Lots of wingers check the valves way past due.Like 80-90K only to find no adjustment necessary.Tires....some say 4-5K mountain carving on chip-in-seal roads.Others claim over 20K. And then there's alot of darkside riders that get well over that from rear tires.
    I paid $358 for a extended warranty. That's a 7 year unlimited mile warranty. If any thing else breaks,the dealer fixes it.When I traded in my 03 wing,it had 130K on it and still had a
    warranty.My '12 has a little over 30K on it now.