109 baton pass across America
Page 1 of 94 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 baton pass across America

Default 109 baton pass across America

How about a relay across the country by members of the forum here? The baton consisting of a tube with a piece of paper that contains the name/screen name of every member participating. Has to be done on the bike, not the car.

Starting on one side or the other, a rider or group of riders run a couple hundred miles with the baton, meet with a new rider, enjoy a meet up, have a bite, and a visit. Sign the baton, say good bys and continue on the journey.

Getting a pic of the riders and posting it on the forum telling of their experience for the day.
    At the end, the screen names and miles ridden can be posted on the forum.

To even add a little to it could be to put a dime a mile in that you rode into a kitty to be used as a 50/50 raffle among the participants, and the other half going to a charity of some kind.

There doesn’t need to be a time limit since it would take everyone getting a time to meet the next rider along the way.
    Could do it going north and south too.

It would be a good excuse to get out and go for a ride and meet someone face to face that you only see on a screen otherwise.

Just wanting to know if there is any interest since there are members here that are all over the place.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

That is a pretty cool idea.

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

I like this. Lets do it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I'm in, lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm at one extreme of the USA da NW corner

I'm in Nebraska, the middle of the country, if it were to come this way, the wife and I will be ready on a weekend to go either direction.

Wait until the weather is warmer and you'll probably have more participants. This time of year, not me.
    SILVER 2006 M109R. Brembo front brake calipers, Corbin Smuggler, Low & Mean chrome chin scoop, Cycle House chrome kickstand, Mean Cycles T-Rex speedo trim, Cobra Tri-Pro exhaust, LA Choppers xXx Big Air intakes, D2Moto tail light, Kuryakin clear signals, Yana Shiki One Inch Drop Risers, BreakAway Cruise Control, Suzuki Full Cut Gel Seat, JDA Chrome Fork Caps.

Cool

I'm in for Arizona and/or beyond. Sound like alot of fun.

Very Active Member WindyCityDave's Avatar

I'm in for the Chicagoland area !

WCD

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Wait until the weather is warmer and you'll probably have more participants. This time of year, not me.
    Yeah is gonna have to be a little warmer for sure LOL It was -24 in south Oregon this morning..

Awesome idea. I'm happy to continue it across the southern hemisphere. Im in the US (San Francisco area) this september. I can pick it up and pass it across Australia when I get back.

It would be cool to get a location and hand over picture and post it here when the batton is passed to the next recipiant.
    __________________Halo's... Inner light... I'm not that kind of Angel ______________________

I'm down as long as its warm and on a Sunday (I work otherwise), I'm in Utah.
    The largest reciprocating engine pistons being used in any production passenger car or motorcycle on earth!

Default Nice Idea

Hey I could start this from Canada drive down to Nemo and pass the baton. When do we start.

You should change this to North America.

We can set up a map to track this and see how many times it zig zags.
    Last edited by NSRiar; 01-14-2013 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSRiar View Post
    Hey I could start this from Canada drive down to Nemo and pass the baton. When do we start.

There would be no limit to how much of the world it covered. The southern hemisphere could be starting soon and being done before their weather gets bad and we could start in Canada, or Alaska and end in Florida. A map of progress would be fun too.

Of course, I wouldn't want to do it in this weather, guessing it would take half the year just to get it done here if we only went a couple hundred miles a week on weekends. Some may be able to go during the week if they can meet up.

So far, I think NSRair is the northern volunteer. BamBam has a start on the south side.

Let us know in FL I want in as I'm sure other Brothers here will as well, In fact could be passed couple times right in FL. Thinking Jacksonville to Key West to Tampa to Pensacola

"Four Wheels move the Body ~ Two Wheels Move the Soul"

Very Active Member

Sounds like a great idea !

Interesting Idea, but I would say it be as it goes along and not a constant one right after another. For the most part though to not have it more than a couple days. Say to have it completed by the end of the riding season or at least down south by winer time. LOL

I'm in WV on the Mason Dixon line.

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. -- Ronald Reagan
    With Individual Freedom and Individual Salvation comes Individual Accountability. It brings a rewarding life to all. <--The Huff

Quote Originally Posted by Luvs2Play View Post
    There would be no limit to how much of the world it covered. The southern hemisphere could be starting soon and being done before their weather gets bad and we could start in Canada, or Alaska and end in Florida. A map of progress would be fun too.

Of course, I wouldn't want to do it in this weather, guessing it would take half the year just to get it done here if we only went a couple hundred miles a week on weekends. Some may be able to go during the week if they can meet up.

So far, I think NSRair is the northern volunteer. BamBam has a start on the south side.
    Bam could bring his to the international meet along with us bringing the one from North America and then switch and continue it on in both places.

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. -- Ronald Reagan
    With Individual Freedom and Individual Salvation comes Individual Accountability. It brings a rewarding life to all. <--The Huff

Default Baton

Dam good idea, I'm in. maybe work out some way of collecting money for a good charity

Very Active Member purvistechie's Avatar

I like it! It would be cool to see if the baton could make all the meets.

I've got Minnesota covered. I'll bet that I'd have a few other 109's that might make the journey also!
    Last edited by purvistechie; 01-14-2013 at 09:52 AM.

OLD - RED 07 loaded, NEW - 2015 StreetGlide Special Black Denim Dropped Bags, CVO Rear Fender, Passenger Boards, Chop Tour Pack, Driver Back Rest, Stage 3 BOOM! Audio, Full Sac Headers, Tuner, Exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by rnspark View Post
    Dam good idea, I'm in. maybe work out some way of collecting money for a good charity
    Good idea too.

I'm in. I can cover the NC/TN state line area through the Blue Ridge Mountains.

(Boone, NC / Bristol, TN general area)

Im in from Southern Alabama.. Let's do it.....
    82nd AIRBORNE Division - Hooooah! Place your Knees in the Breeze and your Ass in the Blast!! Unleash the Beast!!! Jim

Quote Originally Posted by rnspark View Post

WOUNDED WARRIORS!!!!
    82nd AIRBORNE Division - Hooooah! Place your Knees in the Breeze and your Ass in the Blast!! Unleash the Beast!!! Jim

Quote Originally Posted by 06 M109R FL View Post
    Let us know in FL I want in as I'm sure other Brothers here will as well, In fact could be passed couple times right in FL. Thinking Jacksonville to Key West to Tampa to Pensacola

I could take it from Pcola, FL across Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana

Very Active Member WindyCityDave's Avatar

We also have members from Egypt, South Africa, All of Europe, Asia, South America ...... maybe this COULD be a world trip !

WCD

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NSRiar View Post

Perfect and I can get it out of state , whichever way it needs to go> What fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Active Member

Al right silverfox don't hog the baton !

Very Active Member grimreaper_72's Avatar

Default Nebraska

I'm also in as long as it's a weeked
    Blue led lighting, chrome caliper covers, cobra FI2000R, cobra swepts with modified baffels, homemade air intakes, removed air box, blocked off pair valves, kukryan hand grips, Yani Shaki 2" risers, 2" bones, spike tree covers, kuryakyn front pegs, cycle house short kickstand, 5" monster tach, arlen ness tear drop mirrors, livin life like a gazzelle

I'm in. I live in central Arkansas in North Little Rock.

Great idea. I'm in. How about considering a southern route and a northern route. I'm sure our southern riders will have more fun and submit better pics. Let's ride.
    Samdman84
    08 M109