Thread: 109 baton pass across America

I'm on the map

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 06 M109R FL View Post
    Josh I say we tag along with Southern Most be a haul but great adventure

Marty
    All I need is another excuse to put some miles on the tires.

-Josh

Very Active Member WindyCityDave's Avatar

I'm on the map !

WCD

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I'm on the map, thanks for stepping up and making it possible.

If we start in the north, they can go as soon as the weather permits. The farther south we get, the longer the riding season is. We would be able to keep it going through the late fall and winter if we end up in the south. Who says anything about going in a straight line anyway, it's not like there is a time limit.

Here is another idea I have that would keep the forum from being clogged. How about we start a 109 blog to record progress and post pictures, maybe sticky a thread here linking to it. We could still do it on the forum too, but a blog could be just of the relay and would be permanent.

I have no idea what to use for the baton. It would have to be something that can take some abuse. It could just be posts made somewhere and nothing material.

I'm seeing a lot of good suggestions, anything that several people agree on should just be put into working order here.

Can't wait to see the map filled in!

ON THE MAP AND READY TO RIDE, JUST ASK FOR SOME NOTICE IN ADVANCE TO GET OFF OF WORK THE DAYS NEEDED!!!

Very Active Member grimreaper_72's Avatar

Default I'm on the map

i'm ready when warms up
    Blue led lighting, chrome caliper covers, cobra FI2000R, cobra swepts with modified baffels, homemade air intakes, removed air box, blocked off pair valves, kukryan hand grips, Yani Shaki 2" risers, 2" bones, spike tree covers, kuryakyn front pegs, cycle house short kickstand, 5" monster tach, arlen ness tear drop mirrors, livin life like a gazzelle

Why not just keep it simple?

Someone start it and ride it to someone within whatever distance you want to drive it. Then that person or persons take it to the next place, could be north,south whatever just contact someone on here, near or far and take it to them. Take a picture put it on the thread and then put the dot on the map of where it's been. The neat part would be watching where it went. There would be no way that you could plan that route. If you are tying a charity to it then I would recommend a smaller national charity that doesn't get a whole lot of media attention or big sponsors already. That way we can make a bigger impact. At one of the Vegas meets I think it was Doberman that did this but they collected the hotel's used toiletries (Shampoos, Conditioner, Soaps,, etc) because veterans were not being provided these at all VA hospitals or something like that. Why not put money towards that smaller charity or something like it for kids or Soldier/veterans? That would be someplace that more feel our giving.

Don't over think this or it will get too complicated and no one will do it. Just take it from one guy/guys and to the next. It's a walk of faith and trust. The guy who currently has it decides where it goes within 1-3 days. Simple as that. That way it forces people to get to know others on the board and where they are from.

Be sure to print it on Card Stock paper and put it in a tube!

Now, get her going!

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. -- Ronald Reagan
    With Individual Freedom and Individual Salvation comes Individual Accountability. It brings a rewarding life to all. <--The Huff

^^^^

Im with Huff...makes many good points..if you over think it,it will never get done..wing it and see where it ends up..I'm sure it will have quite the journey..
    Stav

Banned

Default Well looking at the map

NSRAIR and I have a long ride LOL, Come on folks pin yourselves LOL

http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=484949

On the map and ready to roll - cool and wet today
    Mods - No Mods here

Default Baton

a big thanks to Dave for coming up with this idea.

As for Baton it would be nice to have it pass from place to place to country to country and over the continent. We could run few at same time but then each one will have a baton ( not a bad deal ) but then it gets limited. Or we could come up with 3-4 different batons and name them East West North South or Ozy, Brit etc. But if we stick with one it makes it that much nicer and unique.

Maybe a small Book for signatures and a wooden roll. Just small enough to roll into a jacket sort of thing.

We can say PAY IT FORWARD is going it may be slow at times but its moving. Hell withthe love for riding peeps have here i think we will add some serious mileage on this.

I thank you Dave for allowing me to start this from north that is such a kind gesture of you. Ill pass it on to great Nemo down to US to continue its journey down south and away. If all is good i am looking for something that is unique in cyclindrical form.

Will post as soon as i get something if i cant find anything i will carve out a wood stick with Joe's 109r logo.

I'm on...gotta represent the NE corner. Hope a few others join in!

Klock Werks Flare windshield...Baker Hand Wings...Grip Puppies...passenger pegs removed.
    Rivco anodized highway pegs...12V/USB outlet...Superbrite LED flashing brake lamps.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NSRiar View Post
    a big thanks to Dave for coming up with this idea.

As for Baton it would be nice to have it pass from place to place to country to country and over the continent. We could run few at same time but then each one will have a baton ( not a bad deal ) but then it gets limited. Or we could come up with 3-4 different batons and name them East West North South or Ozy, Brit etc. But if we stick with one it makes it that much nicer and unique.

Maybe a small Book for signatures and a wooden roll. Just small enough to roll into a jacket sort of thing.

We can say PAY IT FORWARD is going it may be slow at times but its moving. Hell withthe love for riding peeps have here i think we will add some serious mileage on this.

I thank you Dave for allowing me to start this from north that is such a kind gesture of you. Ill pass it on to great Nemo down to US to continue its journey down south and away. If all is good i am looking for something that is unique in cyclindrical form.

Will post as soon as i get something if i cant find anything i will carve out a wood stick with Joe's 109r logo.
    I say we get all the way around USA/4 corners before sending it iff to other places......

Very Active Member purvistechie's Avatar

On the Map!

OLD - RED 07 loaded, NEW - 2015 StreetGlide Special Black Denim Dropped Bags, CVO Rear Fender, Passenger Boards, Chop Tour Pack, Driver Back Rest, Stage 3 BOOM! Audio, Full Sac Headers, Tuner, Exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    I say we get all the way around USA/4 corners before sending it iff to other places......

The Ring has started forming.

Very Active Member

I just read through all the pages - this is a great idea. Added myself to the map

Very Active Member FloridaBlueM109R's Avatar

Im down for this.

Sent while not riding the scoot....or am i?
    "Do a few mods they said......It will be fun they said!" My wallet is not seeing the fun as they said! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    NSRAIR and I have a long ride LOL, Come on folks pin yourselves LOL

http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=484949
    How you guys pinning yourselves to this thing?

In case anyone needs it my city and state are on my profile and it can be found by sorting the members by state.

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. -- Ronald Reagan
    With Individual Freedom and Individual Salvation comes Individual Accountability. It brings a rewarding life to all. <--The Huff

Upper left side there's a word "additions"....go to the drop down, first line, click on it.

Klock Werks Flare windshield...Baker Hand Wings...Grip Puppies...passenger pegs removed.
    Rivco anodized highway pegs...12V/USB outlet...Superbrite LED flashing brake lamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Wjduke View Post
    Upper left side there's a word "additions"....go to the drop down, first line, click on it.
    Thanks. Dot made

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The HUFF View Post
    Thanks. Dot made
    All the years in your profession, just to become a DOT LOL, Welcome fellow dot

I am now a dot in West Palm Beach, FL.
    Samdman84
    08 M109

Cool

feels weird being a dot....anticipation killing me
    Stav

Hold on to the seats guys once it starts there is no stopping. we still need more folks to join on western side or else Nemo is Driving loong for a Titanium Butt.

Default Looking good ha!

Quote Originally Posted by NSRiar View Post
    Hold on to the seats guys once it starts there is no stopping. we still need more folks to join on western side or else Nemo is Driving loong for a Titanium Butt.
    Man can't believe how much progress from the map posted last night. Keep it rolling!!!

I put a link to the map in my sig, won't have to look for it so much that way. But for some reason it doesn't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvs2Play View Post
    I put a link to the map in my sig, won't have to look for it so much that way. But for some reason it doesn't show up.

Did you add it as link or copy pasted the link. I tried that and it came through Dave.

Paco you did a great job bro.

Got it, Guess I had too many lines in my sig.

yea had same problem deleted everything and kept these. Maybe leave a small not to the link on what it is.

Very Active Member rockfordrider's Avatar

Im on the map. by the color of my bike!
    Bully Bagger