Dual Survival star a fake.

Thread: Dual Survival star a fake.

Default Dual Survival star a fake.

Dual Survival star Dave Canterbury was fired from the show for lying about his military and survival background.

Wikipedia, under the "Cast Changes" entry for Dual Survival, paints a less flattering picture, saying:

"In April 2012, Canterbury falsely announced that he would no longer be part of the series due to family and business reasons. In truth, in September of 2011, Canterbury was fired by Discovery for misrepresenting his military and civilian background and experience.http://www.codylundin.com/wordpress/...press-release/

Canterbury's false military claims can be seen on the POWnetwork.org website under their "phonies" section, letter "C". Canterbury also falsely claimed to have 20 years of survival skills experience which was proven untrue by the surfacing of Canterbury's own 2008 bio in which he was a factory worker at an auto plant in Ohio the year before he signed to be on Dual Survival. This bio can be viewed on BushcraftUSA."
    This is a statement Dave made publicly a few years ago on his Bushcraft USA bio profile, but then took it down once he was confronted with evidence that contradicted his claims:

"I was in the US Army from 1981-1988, and during this time I served in Central America, Grenada, Korea and the US, much of the time as an instructor for both US Troops and some allied forces in several specialty areas. I graduated from Airborne, Air Assault, Ranger, and Sniper Counter Sniper Schools while serving my country."

I went to POWnetwork.org and viewed Dave's military service records. From what I can tell, he was an MP in the Army for 6 years who was trained as a military police sniper and an SRT member, which is like an Army version of SWAT. There is no mention of Ranger, Survival, Scout, or Airborne Training.There is also no mention of service in Grenada or Central America, only in Korea, where his title was "ID Badge Clerk."

Obviously, the Discovery Channel and Cody figured this out last year and had to make a hard decision, or else risk losing the integrity of the show. This is really sad to hear. Dave did serve his country, but decided to embellish things which got him into trouble.
    http://rockymountainbushcraft.blogsp...-survival.html
    As Gary Lloyd said, "When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

If you think that is bad just look at all the liars in Washington DC!

For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.

LOL so let me get this right..........the media has fired someone for false information? If that's not the pot calling the kettle black.
    Reality TV is still more entertainment than reality

I really liked that guy and the show,, I really thought he was the brighter of the two.
    RearviewCamera,Flamed Grips&Pegs,Polished Risers w/2in ext.
    Hard Krome Shortened Sideburner,Sumo-X Fat Forktubes, GO-Pro, JSD-3M lowered2.75debeavered,tach relocated,cables relocated grips&throttle bosses RC Polished Component Wheels, Phat front tire170/60/17Phat Rear 280 10 1/2in. rim

Very Active Member geofftl1000r's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STL-TIGER View Post
    If you think that is bad just look at all the liars in Washington DC!

Someone who claims to be something he is not...someone who embellishes his skill set...hmmm, hell we got guys in the White House, Senate, and Congress doing that! Whats the big deal? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by zzuke10 View Post
    I really thought he was the brighter of the two.
    At least he wore SHOES during the show!