Hydraulic Clutch

Thread: Hydraulic Clutch

Default Hydraulic Clutch

Is there a Hydraulic clutch conversion for the M109R available. I have broken so many cables that I think it is now time to covert. On the other hand why does the Boulevard cables break so easy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Yes there is one , made by Rainey

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155257

Very Active Member She's real fine my 109's Avatar

Its all about adjustment. Back off on the cable adjuster so you can adjust the cable on the pull side. Adjust so you have it pull all the way in and it shifts smooth. That way you have all the play you can get out of your system.

What you want to check is take the bike out and put her under stress in 2 gear and feel to see if you have a little play at that moment. If so, you have it adjusted correctly.

After you have it adjusted. Ride it for a bike and see if you have to do a fine adjustment. Just turn the adjuster half turns will be plenty.

Your cable will love you for it.
    Good combo for the nine. 265/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport and Metz 130/70/18 front. Try it, youll like it.
    What other people think of you is none of your business.
    Never judge someone by the opinion of another.

thanks

Very Active Member She's real fine my 109's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FredSmit View Post
    thanks

Your welcome. I try to say it different ways so everyone understands what i'm trying to get across.
    Good combo for the nine. 265/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport and Metz 130/70/18 front. Try it, youll like it.
    What other people think of you is none of your business.
    Never judge someone by the opinion of another.

Quote Originally Posted by She's real fine my 109 View Post
    Its all about adjustment. Back off on the cable adjuster so you can adjust the cable on the pull side. Adjust so you have it pull all the way in and it shifts smooth. That way you have all the play you can get out of your system.

What you want to check is take the bike out and put her under stress in 2 gear and feel to see if you have a little play at that moment. If so, you have it adjusted correctly.

After you have it adjusted. Ride it for a bike and see if you have to do a fine adjustment. Just turn the adjuster half turns will be plenty.

Your cable will love you for it.
    Currently, we have 70k miles, combined, on both nines. I have never had a clutch cable failure. I leave it very slack, and just tight enough that there is no issues getting into neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by BigpapaM109 View Post
    Currently, we have 70k miles, combined, on both nines. I have never had a clutch cable failure. I leave it very slack, and just tight enough that there is no issues getting into neutral.

mine lasted 35k and it was stock factory cable...I keep a lot of play in mine as well..
    "Motorcyclist are all bound together by a brotherhood tie through their love of the sport, and what difference does it make what make of machine he rides as long as he belongs to the clan" - Walter Davidson 1920.