M109 Rider Forums banner

170 HP V-Twin with LE Colors

13K views 58 replies 33 participants last post by  carnivor 
#1 ·
This blue/white combo may very well make me finally jump to Ducati.

My wife is going to hate me this next year. I have three bikes on my list to get now.
Combined they would total 340HP plus 11.8Kw or a low $64K for all three.
So many bikes, so little time.

Enjoy the (R)ide,
Polartek

See less See more
#3 ·
This is an awesome looking, go fast bike...not for everybody. I'm too old for that kind of thrill ride.

#47 ·
Awesome sig pic

Awesome sig pic.
:bigthumbsup:

#9 ·
The 109 is for people who want a traditional, panty wetting V-twin cruiser. If you just want speed there are better options. If you want touring amenities there are better options. If you want a combination there are better options. But if you want all that plus a bike that makes you look like a rock star - none does it quite like the 109.

That bike is badass no doubt - but it looks silly.

This post has been deleted
#18 · (Edited)
15K MI...

... Its not that expensive compared to other performance bikes but the authorized service needed is definately something to consider....
Did I also say that the Diavel has a 15,000 mile maintenance interval for major service? I love that. You can go on a freaking long ride across the country and it does not need to be serviced along the way or as soon as you return home. Suzuki better doing something big with the next 9 replacement. Can't sit still for too long - I have a weak spot for high horsepower/performance machines.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

It does look like some of those high milage intervals will be a hit to the pocket book, but if you ever get up that high (+60K miles) on a bike, then you earned it. 8)

-Polartek

#11 ·
I love the performance aspects of the Diavel, both in engine and chassis. But every time I look at it, it reminds me of a bulldog. All head and shoulders and not much from there back. They did do an outstanding job building a performance cruiser, if you can call it a cruiser. I'm still undecided on what category it really should be placed in, or if there is one for it.

#13 ·
I had a 1964 Ducati 250 Scrambler, but with their Diana Mk3 road racing engine in it. (previous owner blown the scrambler engine)
It was a "go fast machine" - for it's day. (1965)
I loved the performance of the Ducati.
I HATED the chain oil on the butt of ALL my pants and on the left back of ALL my shirts.
Plus the constant chain adjustments and lubrication.

That new Ducati still has a chain and sprockets. Don't forget that our M109's have drive shafts.
I don't know about you - but that drive shaft has spoiled me. I like Ducati's, but no more chains for me.

#15 ·
Sorry, but I drank the 109 koolaid.....:D

#16 ·
Diavel!!!

Ducati Diavel:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

#17 ·
Absolutely love the Diavel, the only problem with the bike (aside from price) is that terrible looking plastic crap all over the swingarm! They designed a beautiful bike with a single side swingarm, then throw all kinds of unfinished black plastic all over the back 1/2 of the bike.

#21 ·
Nose job

Looks are in the eye of the beholder.
The 9 and the Diavel are both good looking bikes in real life IMHO.

Tha M109 - It is a stretch cruiser with a F86 nose (I do love that angle).

Evidently Boba Fett likes that look too.

Diavel - It is a space slug. A really fast space slug.
It is still better looking than the Battlestar Galactica motorcycles.

Enjoy The (R)ide,
Polartek

#23 ·
Looks are in the eye of the beholder.
The 9 and the Diavel are both good looking bikes in real life IMHO.

Tha M109 - It is a stretch cruiser with a F86 nose (I do love that angle).

Evidently Boba Fett likes that look too.

Diavel - It is a space slug. A really fast space slug.
It is still better looking than the Battlestar Galactica motorcycles.

Enjoy The (R)ide,
Polartek
LOL
Or the BEERholder for that matter...:D

#27 · (Edited)
#28 · (Edited)
Crap...

I rode a Diavel today.

If I can dig up my R's title, I may be buying one next week.

The throttle response is fantastic, almost electric.
The cornering without dragging a foot peg is to die for.

Giving up the R will be hard. She evokes the same kind of passion, but I really want longer stints between shop visits (12K miles vs. 4).

Enjoy the (R)ide,
Polartek

Attachments

#30 ·
vmax

Sorry but if I'm going to buy another sport bike it will be an inline 4 liter bike
the duc really looks like too much of a copy cat of the vmax
I am done humping the gas tank all the time for the curves that I have to travel 30-60 min to get to. My GSX-R 600 is my last sport bike and continues to be loved.
I think the current VMax looks more like the HD VROD. It also has that M109 R2 headlight look. I despise the flipped up rear tail on the VMax.

This custom is a much better looking VMax IMHO.

The Duc to me is shaped more like a Space Guppy.

-Polartek

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.